Team-BHP - Applying for an Infant / Minor's Passport - Details *here*
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   Applying for an Infant / Minor's Passport - Details *here* (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/129950-applying-infant-minors-passport-details-here-14.html)

Hi,

I'm planning to get passport for my 21-months old daughter here in Bangalore. Both mine and my wife's passports are currently active/valid, have the same address and endorsed with each other spouse names. They were issued at Outer ring road PSK in 2014.

I understand I need to bring Annexure-D, birth certificate, both parents' passports and 1 pp size photo of the baby. I have submitted the application today, paid Rs. 900/- fee, and taken appointment for 20-Jun. Question is do we really need appointment or can we do a walk-in, on any day before 20-Jun?

Thanks, Prashanth

Quote:

Originally Posted by prashkul (Post 4410948)
I understand I need to bring Annexure-D, birth certificate, both parents' passports and 1 pp size photo of the baby. I have submitted the application today, paid Rs. 900/- fee, and taken appointment for 20-Jun. Question is do we really need appointment or can we do a walk-in, on any day before 20-Jun?

Thanks, Prashanth

Appointment is a must. And you need either of parents passport in case the name is endorsed on it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by the_skyliner (Post 4410949)
Appointment is a must. And you need either of parents passport in case the name is endorsed on it.

I read somewhere that walk-ins are allowed for minor children below 7 years of age. Has that been stopped?

Quote:

Originally Posted by prashkul (Post 4410953)
I read somewhere that walk-ins are allowed for minor children below 7 years of age. Has that been stopped?

Most have been. I do not think they entertain senior citizens also. All through the queue.

Quote:

Originally Posted by prashkul (Post 4410948)
Hi,

I'm planning to get passport for my 21-months old daughter here in Bangalore. Both mine and my wife's passports are currently active/valid, have the same address and endorsed with each other spouse names. They were issued at Outer ring road PSK in 2014.

Thanks, Prashanth

As I know appointment is must, but when you go there and mention the passport is for infant at the time of initial getting in, you are sure to get a quick pass through and you should be done with entire process within half hour. Thats what happened when got my daughter's passport 2 years back, the lady at the entrance made note as infant and it was a breeze to finish all levels within no time.

KK

Quote:

There is high probability that your daughter's passport will have been approved before you leave the passport office facility. Delivery would take another 3 - 5 working days, so unless there is an urgency I recommend visiting only on the date and time of your scheduled appointment.

Quote:

Originally Posted by manson (Post 4410966)
There is high probability that your daughter's passport will have been approved before you leave the passport office facility. Delivery would take another 3 - 5 working days, so unless there is an urgency I recommend visiting only on the date and time of your scheduled appointment.

Yes, this is also true, I got a message within couple of hours after my visit to passport office for my daughter's passport and in 4 days I had the passport on hand.

KK

Quote:

Now appointment is a must even for minors.

Quote:

Originally Posted by KK_HakunaMatata (Post 4410963)
As I know appointment is must, but when you go there and mention the passport is for infant at the time of initial getting in, you are sure to get a quick pass through and you should be done with entire process within half hour. Thats what happened when got my daughter's passport 2 years back, the lady at the entrance made note as infant and it was a breeze to finish all levels within no time.

KK

That's true. They give priority to infants, toddlers and also to senior citizens once inside the premises and at all counters.

Dears,

For applying passport of Minor, is the Annexure-D printout can be taken on normal paper and signed by both parents ? Or it has to be stamped by a gazetted officer or some notary ?

What other documents are required to be carried to the PSK on day of appointment. Is police verification also done for minor passport' ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by DCEite (Post 4470364)
Dears,

For applying passport of Minor, is the Annexure-D printout can be taken on normal paper and signed by both parents ? Or it has to be stamped by a gazetted officer or some notary ?

What other documents are required to be carried to the PSK on day of appointment. Is police verification also done for minor passport' ?

You can take the printout on a normal paper. No notary/gazetted officer stamp needed.
If the police verification for the parents is done, no further verification needed. On the documents part, we carried our original passports and the baby's birth certificate. I felt if the parents passports are in order, they don't expect any additional documents for the child.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DCEite (Post 4470364)
Dears,

I had appointment for my daughter's passport last week and this is what I had to take inside:
1. Copy of both parents' passports (page 1 with emblem, page 2 with photo/name, last page with spouse name endorsed)
2. Baby's photo with white background
3. Baby's birth certificate
4. Annexure D printed on plain paper signed by both
5. Copy of Aadhaar card of one parent. As per requirements this wasn't necessary since we had passports of both and I wasn't planning on giving this, but the lady at the counter who issues tokens insisted on attaching one parent's Aadhaar. Didn't want to argue there and since I had this with me, just took a copy there and attached.

We were out of PSK within one hour (it was exactly one hour from parking-in to parking-out). Passport printing was initiated in next one hour while we were driving back home, and printed on next day. Expecting it to be delivered this week.

Quote:

Originally Posted by deoelect (Post 4470397)
You can take the printout on a normal paper. No notary/gazetted officer stamp needed.
If the police verification for the parents is done, no further verification needed. On the documents part, we carried our original passports and the baby's birth certificate. I felt if the parents passports are in order, they don't expect any additional documents for the child.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SilentEngine (Post 4470481)
I had appointment for my daughter's passport last week and this is what I had to take inside:
1. Copy of both parents' passports (page 1 with emblem, page 2 with photo/name, last page with spouse name endorsed)
2. Baby's photo with white background
3. Baby's birth certificate
4. Annexure D printed on plain paper signed by both
5. Copy of Aadhaar card of one parent. As per requirements this wasn't necessary since we had passports of both and I wasn't planning on giving this, but the lady at the counter who issues tokens insisted on attaching one parent's Aadhaar. Didn't want to argue there and since I had this with me, just took a copy there and attached.

We were out of PSK within one hour (it was exactly one hour from parking-in to parking-out). Passport printing was initiated in next one hour while we were driving back home, and printed on next day. Expecting it to be delivered this week.

Dears,

Today we went to PSK for our son's passport and the status is Granted (without police verification) and sent for printing within two hours of granting.

We have an upcoming trip planned 11th October Night. Can we take a chance and go ahead with flight booking, assuming we will get the passport delivered by coming Thursday (11th October) day time latest ?

I know its a hypothetical question but what has been your experience with the passport delivery from the date it was sent for printing ?

The PSK as well as the delivery address is New Delhi.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DCEite (Post 4473070)
Dears,

Today we went to PSK for our son's passport and the status is Granted (without police verification) and sent for printing within two hours of granting.

We have an upcoming trip planned 11th October Night. Can we take a chance and go ahead with flight booking, assuming we will get the passport delivered by coming Thursday (11th October) day time latest ?

I know its a hypothetical question but what has been your experience with the passport delivery from the date it was sent for printing ?

The PSK as well as the delivery address is New Delhi.

Got my daughter's passport yesterday morning, so it's exactly one week since the appointment date. There was one national holiday in between (Oct 2).

I got my 5 year old daughters pass port on the 3rd day from the appointment. in fact got a message an hour after leaving from the passport office that its gone for printing.

When I renewed mine last year, I got it on the 3rd day as well and then had to go for police verification. The entire process is being handled by TCS.

Hi I need to apply passport for my one month baby. I am currently in UK while my family is in India. Have few questions on the procedure for applying infant passport.

1. I have my wife's name endorsed on mine while my name is not endorsed in her passport. Would that be an issue?
2. Can only my wife go for the appointment? I know I have to provide my acceptance (through annexure D I guess). What documents she needs to carry as my name is not in her passport?
3. Do I need to provide my passport photocopy as well?

It would be great if you can suggest any agent (Bangalore) who can help in the process? We stay in Jayanagar(South Bangalore) and would be going to PSK near Lalbagh.