Team-BHP - Applying for an Infant / Minor's Passport - Details *here*
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   Applying for an Infant / Minor's Passport - Details *here* (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/129950-applying-infant-minors-passport-details-here-4.html)

Minors and Senior citizens can apply for passports at Bangalore One centres, very soon, as per report in Indian Express.

Link:

http://newindianexpress.com/cities/b...cle1559051.ece

Folks - I am applying for passport for my 3 year old son. I have my name endorsed in my wife's Passport. But address in my as well as my wife's passport is not the current Bangalore address. Will it be a problem for applying for my kid?

Quote:

Originally Posted by sbala (Post 3145831)
Folks - I am applying for passport for my 3 year old son. I have my name endorsed in my wife's Passport. But address in my as well as my wife's passport is not the current Bangalore address. Will it be a problem for applying for my kid?

Bala,

Did you figure out what is the procedure when your passport address is not current?
I too have the same problem and not able to find an answer.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sj_koova (Post 3199702)

Bala,

Did you figure out what is the procedure when your passport address is not current?
I too have the same problem and not able to find an answer.

You don't have to have the address updated, if you have spouse name endorsed. All you need to take is two address proof document. I applied for my son and got the passport within a week. Let me know if you have any more questions. I will be glad to help..

Has anyone faced issues with the child's name not on the birth certificate. My daughter BC was downloaded from the corporation site. It does not carry as name. Any potential issues at the passport office?

Quote:

Originally Posted by sbala (Post 3145831)

One parent's address has to be current. When we applied, mine was native address, wife's was current.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sbala (Post 3199735)
You don't have to have the address updated, if you have spouse name endorsed. All you need to take is two address proof document. I applied for my son and got the passport within a week. Let me know if you have any more questions. I will be glad to help..

Thank you Bala. I have spouse name endorsed in my passport. Let me try my luck.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mail4ajo (Post 3200160)
One parent's address has to be current. When we applied, mine was native address, wife's was current.

Not necessary.. We didn't have our current address updated in our passport.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sbala (Post 3200572)
Not necessary.. We didn't have our current address updated in our passport.

Are you sure? Surprising to me. What address proof do you give for the minor?

Quote:

Not necessary. Mine and my wife's address on PP is not the same as our current addres. My daughter's passport was issued to our current address inspite of this.
Quote:

Has anyone faced issues with the child's name not on the birth certificate. My daughter BC was downloaded from the corporation site. It does not carry as name. Any potential issues at the passport office?
My wife's birth certificate did not have her name on birth certificate as in Maharashtra if Birth Certificate is not obtained within 3 years, as a deterrent, name doesn't appear on birth certificate. We had it submit one more affadavit stating that the birth certificate without name is of my wife's and had to substantiate same with a letter from the hospital. Luckily same was obtained by my FIL then and data was found when required.:)

Quote:

Originally Posted by mail4ajo (Post 3202426)
Are you sure? Surprising to me. What address proof do you give for the minor?

Yes. Parent's address proof is more than enough. All I gave is 2 BSNL bills (one 6 months old and one current) and one bank pass book copy showing the current Bangalore address.

The online system is quite nice. Apply online and pay fees via credit card. (An advantage for all, not just for infant alone).

The form filing was one painful job. That is now very easy thanks to online submission.

They also have a document advisor which clearly mentions what all supporting documents are required for various scenarios.

Dear All, this is a urgent advice I need from anyone who has faced this situation. I am applying for my minor 2 year old daughter's passport. I have spouse names endorsed in both and my wife's passports. IN My wife's passport, her name consists of her maiden name and my surname appended to it. Similar is the case in my passport in the field Spouse name i.e. her maiden name appended with my surname. Now in the Birth Certificate of my daughter which was issued 2 years ago, the name of the mother contains ONLY the maiden name and NOT my surname since she had not changed her name at that time. Plus we wanted to avoid complications in getting Mediclaim reimbursements since she is a working mother at that time.
Kindly help me if I will face issues at the PSK since the Birth Certificate will contain my name and her maiden name, whereas passport is endorsed with the husband's surname. If I face issues what could be my defense and whom can I approach for help at the PSK. I tried contacting the Municipal Authorities and they have clearly said that the Mother's name was the maiden name as sent by hospital. There cannot be any amendment in the BC since by law, the name of the mother was indeed the maiden name minus the surname. And documents issues in past are not amended retrospectively since at that time, that was the actual fact.
And I have consulted legal experts and they have ratified that the Municipal Authorities stance are correct by legal angle.

Quote:

Originally Posted by amohan78 (Post 3231227)
Dear All, this is a urgent advice I need from anyone who has faced this situation. I am applying for my minor 2 year old daughter's passport. I have spouse names endorsed in both and my wife's passports. IN My wife's passport, her name consists of her maiden name and my surname appended to it. Similar is the case in my passport in the field Spouse name i.e. her maiden name appended with my surname. Now in the Birth Certificate of my daughter which was issued 2 years ago, the name of the mother contains ONLY the maiden name and NOT my surname since she had not changed her name at that time. Plus we wanted to avoid complications in getting Mediclaim reimbursements since she is a working mother at that time.
Kindly help me if I will face issues at the PSK since the Birth Certificate will contain my name and her maiden name, whereas passport is endorsed with the husband's surname. If I face issues what could be my defense and whom can I approach for help at the PSK. I tried contacting the Municipal Authorities and they have clearly said that the Mother's name was the maiden name as sent by hospital. There cannot be any amendment in the BC since by law, the name of the mother was indeed the maiden name minus the surname. And documents issues in past are not amended retrospectively since at that time, that was the actual fact.
And I have consulted legal experts and they have ratified that the Municipal Authorities stance are correct by legal angle.

This was the case with me as well. I didn't have any issues with my son's passport. Just take a proof with both names, if in case they ask for it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sbala (Post 3231421)
This was the case with me as well. I didn't have any issues with my son's passport. Just take a proof with both names, if in case they ask for it.

Hi
Thanks for your reply. However, I had a very harassing experience at PSK Kolkata. Let me narrate the same for the benefit of general public. As you all know, the case was like this

1. My wife had her maiden name at the time of child birth. So my daughter has BC where my wife's maiden name is mentioned.

2. My wife added her surname later same as my surname after 2 years of my child birth and hence in my passport the spouse name is Maiden Name + Surname and in her passport her name is Maiden Name + MY surname.

Under this condition, my child could not take advantage of NO POLICE VERIFICATION under the clause of parents hold valid passports with spouse name endorsed. She was considered a fresh passport case and she has been sent to POLICE VERIFICATION. I pleaded to the authorities and NO ONE listened to me. They said the police needs to verify if the child is actually born to the couple with surnames added !

I had the following proofs but they were futile

1. An affidavit saying my wife by dint of marriage will henceforth assume the name of her maiden name + my surname

2. Old and new PAN cards showing the same PAN number, same father name and same date of birth proving that both are same individuals.

3.Marriage certificate

4. Old passport

Now my two year old has to face the police and I have to bribe to the extent of Rs. 10000 for such a simple matter. The system has frustrated me. :Frustrati

Quote:

Originally Posted by amohan78 (Post 3233083)
Hi
Thanks for your reply. However, I had a very harassing experience at PSK Kolkata. Let me narrate the same for the benefit of general public. As you all know, the case was like this

1. My wife had her maiden name at the time of child birth. So my daughter has BC where my wife's maiden name is mentioned.

2. My wife added her surname later same as my surname after 2 years of my child birth and hence in my passport the spouse name is Maiden Name + Surname and in her passport her name is Maiden Name + MY surname.

Under this condition, my child could not take advantage of NO POLICE VERIFICATION under the clause of parents hold valid passports with spouse name endorsed. She was considered a fresh passport case and she has been sent to POLICE VERIFICATION. I pleaded to the authorities and NO ONE listened to me. They said the police needs to verify if the child is actually born to the couple with surnames added !

I had the following proofs but they were futile

1. An affidavit saying my wife by dint of marriage will henceforth assume the name of her maiden name + my surname

2. Old and new PAN cards showing the same PAN number, same father name and same date of birth proving that both are same individuals.

3.Marriage certificate

4. Old passport

Now my two year old has to face the police and I have to bribe to the extent of Rs. 10000 for such a simple matter. The system has frustrated me. :Frustrati

That's ridiculous. This is not an unique problem. Perhaps it applies to most of the folks here. And again Rs.10000 for a passport? If this happens in Bangalore, I will definitely involve Lok Ayuta here.