Team-BHP - Applying for an Infant / Minor's Passport - Details *here*
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   Applying for an Infant / Minor's Passport - Details *here* (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/129950-applying-infant-minors-passport-details-here-5.html)

Hi, need some info here. The name of my son in his birth certificate is 'V.xxxxx' (the 'V.' being an initial of my name).

However, I want to have his name in the passport as 'xxxxx Vijay'.

Should this be a problem as the birth certificate shows the name in a different way? Please guide.

Quote:

Originally Posted by amohan78 (Post 3231227)
Kindly help me if I will face issues at the PSK since the Birth Certificate will contain my name and her maiden name, whereas passport is endorsed with the husband's surname. If I face issues what could be my defense and whom can I approach for help at the PSK. I tried contacting the Municipal Authorities and they have clearly said that the Mother's name was the maiden name as sent by hospital. There cannot be any amendment in the BC since by law, the name of the mother was indeed the maiden name minus the surname. And documents issues in past are not amended retrospectively since at that time, that was the actual fact.
And I have consulted legal experts and they have ratified that the Municipal Authorities stance are correct by legal angle.

I believe BC contains your name as well
IMO there would not be any problem. Just take marriage certificate/ ID proof of yours/wife (before and after marriage)

Quote:

Originally Posted by callvvijay (Post 3233379)
Hi, need some info here. The name of my son in his birth certificate is 'V.xxxxx' (the 'V.' being an initial of my name).

Should this be a problem as the birth certificate shows the name in a different way? Please guide.

This is a matter that depends on the region where you are visiting. My wife had the same issue being a tamilian where her father's initials were used in school certificates. she did her schooling in Hyderabad where father's initials are written in front. When she tried to get her passport in Bangalore, the passport officer had no clue what should be the surname. Her passport was issues in the same sequence what was there in school certificate i.e. V.XXXXX and NO surname.. Now when she came to Kolkata, at the time of passport renewal, I had a harrowng time explaining the issue to the passport officer that her surname is the expansion of V and the given name is XXXX. I was made to make a lot of affidavits and newspaper ads and harassments. I guess I did not grease palms for which I was harassed.

Quote:

Originally Posted by callvvijay (Post 3233379)

Quote:

Originally Posted by aka_iitd (Post 3233399)
I believe BC contains your name as well
IMO there would not be any problem. Just take marriage certificate/ ID proof of yours/wife (before and after marriage)

Hi

I have already faced issues due to this and my child is not given passport until police will do verification and I go and grease palms at every nook and corner. Please read my post of today in Page 4 for details. I am feeling sad for my little one and guilty that I put her in this mess ! As a father, I am upset when my daughter is deprived of somthing.

Quote:

Originally Posted by amohan78 (Post 3233083)
Hi
Thanks for your reply. However, I had a very harassing experience at PSK Kolkata. Let me narrate the same for the benefit of general public. As you all know, the case was like this

1. My wife had her maiden name at the time of child birth. So my daughter has BC where my wife's maiden name is mentioned.

2. My wife added her surname later same as my surname after 2 years of my child birth and hence in my passport the spouse name is Maiden Name + Surname and in her passport her name is Maiden Name + MY surname.

Under this condition, my child could not take advantage of NO POLICE VERIFICATION under the clause of parents hold valid passports with spouse name endorsed. She was considered a fresh passport case and she has been sent to POLICE VERIFICATION. I pleaded to the authorities and NO ONE listened to me. They said the police needs to verify if the child is actually born to the couple with surnames added !

I had the following proofs but they were futile

1. An affidavit saying my wife by dint of marriage will henceforth assume the name of her maiden name + my surname

2. Old and new PAN cards showing the same PAN number, same father name and same date of birth proving that both are same individuals.

3.Marriage certificate

4. Old passport

Now my two year old has to face the police and I have to bribe to the extent of Rs. 10000 for such a simple matter. The system has frustrated me. :Frustrati

That is utter nonsense in this day and age. Please make a formal complaint, invoke the RTI, do whatever is necessary but please don't give in to these extortion demands.

I hope you didn't pay the bribe! There's a contact number on the passport website that you can call if you are asked for a bribe. Please do not entertain such people and make things worse for others too.

I'm considering making a passport for my 10 month old daughter once my wife gets a new one with my surname.

We have been waiting for our nine month old daughter's passport for two months now. Filing an RTI tomorrow. incompetent bunch of jokers this lot in Ahmedabad

I need to get 2 passports made:
1. My elder kid who is 8 already has a passport expiring in Sept 2014. This will be a re-issue
2. My younger kid who is 2.5 will be getting a new passport

Both parents have their passports. If I submit online and pay the fees, can i walk-in without appointment to the PSK in Mumbai?

I am told that minors do not need appointments. Any other caveats I should be worried about?

I was denied an appointment at PSK today.

I wanted to get my Infant kids' passport under Tatkaal but was asked to return and re-apply for endorsing Spouse' name. I was told that without spouse' name passport cannot be considered parent's passport. When I said that, we have our Marriage Certificate to prove it, he nullified it.

So, now I have to take another appointment for a new passport for me and then for kids.

How much time will tatkaal take, assuming I will get appointment for Thursday?

We need to travel by 3rd week of Feb, hope it will work.

Quote:

Originally Posted by abdriver2000 (Post 3321095)
I need to get 2 passports made:
1. My elder kid who is 8 already has a passport expiring in Sept 2014. This will be a re-issue
2. My younger kid who is 2.5 will be getting a new passport

Both parents have their passports. If I submit online and pay the fees, can i walk-in without appointment to the PSK in Mumbai?

I am told that minors do not need appointments. Any other caveats I should be worried about?

Please see my similar experience at the below link.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...ml#post3348070

Got a message yesterday that the printing was over for both my daughters passports (8+ and 4+ years) and will receive a message once dispatched. Its quite quick in my case. Hope this helps. Thanks.

EDIT : Just got message that passports have been dispatched.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vvrchandra (Post 3350299)
Please see my similar experience at the below link.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...ml#post3348070

Got a message yesterday that the printing was over for both my daughters passports (8+ and 4+ years) and will receive a message once dispatched. Its quite quick in my case. Hope this helps. Thanks.

EDIT : Just got message that passports have been dispatched.

Just a quick update : Got the 2 passports of my daughters delivered today afternoon. Appeared at PSK on 17-Jan-14 and passports delivered on 22-Jan-14. These are normal passports and NOT Tatkal. Infact a quick service. I expected at least 10 days.

I applied for my kid's passport and then there was an issue with the Birth Certificate.

We were given an acknowledgment slip. Returned to the passport kendra and submitted the document.

Since then the track application shows:
Passport application has been granted to applicant on <last week of June>. Your application is under processing. You would receive an e-mail/sms once the passport is dispatched.

Generally how much time does it take for the Passport to get dispatched?

Me and wifey have passport. My renewal is due next year and with that I have plans to apply for my son who is 3 yrs old. Now what all should I do.
1. Renew mine and apply for my kids passport?
2. Should my wife's surname changed to mine?

Me and my wife, both of us hold valid passport, however we haven't yet endorsed spouse names on our passport. Now, the situation is that i need to apply for my 11 month old son's passport and the 1st available slot is 2nd Sept'14 at PSK-Sai Arcade and my concerns are:

1. Is it mandatory to have 'spouse name' endorsed on the passport to become valid parents?

2. Would the Birth Certificate for my son be a valid identity proof?

For Concern#1, if we try to apply for getting 'spouse name endorsed', how long would it take? Also, i would have to apply for a Work Permit for the country i'm moving by next week. So, i have just 1 week.

Also, while trying to fix an appointment at PSK - Sai Arcade, Bangalore, if I were to select 'Tatkal' from the drop down it says there aren't any slots available. However, if i select 'Normal' it gives me an appointment on 2nd September'14 and allows me to make the requisite normal payment and mentions that the reminder amount for 'Tatkal' be paid on the date of appointment in cash at the PSK counter. Please advice on this too.

Regards
Saurav

Quote:

Originally Posted by dre@ms (Post 3484031)
1. Renew mine and apply for my kids passport?
2. Should my wife's surname changed to mine?

Online thing works very well.

As regards to "Surname change" : personally I think its too much of a hassle. Check with others. I would say its more worth to change the spouse passport status to married (if passport was assigned when single) and add spouse's name in the passport.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thumping Soul (Post 3489894)
1. Is it mandatory to have 'spouse name' endorsed on the passport to become valid parents?

I think its not required.

Quote:

2. Would the Birth Certificate for my son be a valid identity proof?
Yes. Just make sure you go through the document check list.

Quote:

For Concern#1, if we try to apply for getting 'spouse name endorsed', how long would it take? Also, i would have to apply for a Work Permit for the country i'm moving by next week. So, i have just 1 week.
1-Week ? You may not even get an appointment. You need to plan these things quite in advance.

Quote:

Also, while trying to fix an appointment at PSK - Sai Arcade, Bangalore, if I were to select 'Tatkal' from the drop down it says there aren't any slots available. However, if i select 'Normal' it gives me an appointment on 2nd September'14 and allows me to make the requisite normal payment and mentions that the reminder amount for 'Tatkal' be paid on the date of appointment in cash at the PSK counter. Please advice on this too.
I am not sure about Tatkal schemes. Never went through it once the online system was introduced.