Team-BHP - Applying for an Infant / Minor's Passport - Details *here*
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   Applying for an Infant / Minor's Passport - Details *here* (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/129950-applying-infant-minors-passport-details-here-6.html)

In order to apply for my 11month old son's passport, please confirm if the following documents would suffice:

1. Birth Certificate issued by BBMP for my son
2. Passport copies of me and my wife (my passport was issued by B'lore Passport Office)
3. PAN Card Copies of me and my wife
4. DL Copies of me and my wife (my DL was issued by KR Puram RTO, but for a different address)

5. For address proof:
a. Address Proof letter issued by my co. on company letter head and signed by an authorized signatory in original
b. Savings Account Passbook of Nationalized Bank for me & my wife with current address
c. Valid Indane Gas connection (however the connection was done in April'14 only)
d. Notarized Rental Agreement

Also please confirm if it is compulsory to have a marriage certificate to apply for my son's passport?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thumping Soul (Post 3496037)
In order to apply for my 11month old son's passport, please confirm if the following documents would suffice: 1. Birth Certificate issued by BBMP for my son 2. Passport copies of me and my wife (my passport was issued by B'lore Passport Office) 3. PAN Card Copies of me and my wife 4. DL Copies of me and my wife (my DL was issued by KR Puram RTO, but for a different address) 5. For address proof: a. Address Proof letter issued by my co. on company letter head and signed by an authorized signatory in original b. Savings Account Passbook of Nationalized Bank for me & my wife with current address c. Valid Indane Gas connection (however the connection was done in April'14 only) d. Notarized Rental Agreement Also please confirm if it is compulsory to have a marriage certificate to apply for my son's passport?

Hi for address proof nationalized bank statement with address with stamp (might do without stamp too but they need stamp from private banks) from bank will do. Also if you have your your passport with your spouses name endorsed and visa versa it's going to do. Do take pics of your son as they don't take pics of young kids there, plus print out the application form. Not mentioned but you will need it when you go there. Take birth cert too just in case. We went without photo and had to return, but otherwise it's very convenient now. Hope it helps. Take copies of all docs, whatever mentioned should be enough.and no marriage cert isn't needed.
Go once and check, it's a govt office never know for sure what works to be honest as it's a new experience each time. :)

Applying from Pune for fresh passport for a minor child at Pune PSK, I was asked to pay 1000/- for a 36-page, normal passport which I did using a non-SBI debit card (charge of Rs. 8.50/- additional). The charge for using non-SBI credit card is Rs. 16.90/- and it is free for SBI credit/debit/netbanking. Other options (e.g. Internet banking of other banks) are disabled.

Appointment has to be booked online. First try was unsuccessful, which was a convenient Friday slot. Second time around it booked me for Monday 9.30 a.m. (reporting time 9.15 a.m.) which is actually not too bad either. The date given is approx. 6 weeks from now, around mid-September. Not too bad since we are not in any tearing hurry.

What to carry:
- ARN printout (carry 2 as per someone else's feedback)
- All originals & one photocopy of required documents (carry two just in case), self-attested (in case of minor, attested by either parents)
- Minors under 4, carry a pic 4.5 cm x 3.5 cm on white background.
- One accompanying person with Minor (and some other categories)
- List of Documents as per Document Advisor:
---Proof Of Present Address (in case of minor, either parent's proof acceptable): telephone bill, electricity bill, PSU bank passbook/statement, IT assessment order, Election Commission Photo ID, Gas Connection proof, Certificate from Employer (they are very finicky about this: PSU or MNC company only, signed in original), Current and Valid ration card, Parent's passport copy (minors) with same address, Aadhaar card, Registered Rent agreement (>1 year)
---Proof of Date of Birth: Birth certificate issued by Municipal Corporation
--- Annexure H (Minor Declaration by both Parents)
---Attested photocopies of both parents' passports (with spouse names attested)

Not sure if they expect us to carry the infant to the PSK but we have time, so will check and confirm before that. Also unsure if both parents must go or one is sufficient. If anyone knows this, please confirm.

Quote:

Originally Posted by noopster (Post 3496320)
Not sure if they expect us to carry the infant to the PSK but we have time, so will check and confirm before that. Also unsure if both parents must go or one is sufficient. If anyone knows this, please confirm.

One is sufficient. I renewed last year. Both need not go. During fresh application, I had gone alone and had not taken the kid.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sammyboy (Post 3496102)
Hi for address proof nationalized bank statement with address with stamp (might do without stamp too but they need stamp from private banks)

They refused to accept the stamped statement from ICICI.

I had to go back and resubmit address proof from Indian Bank.

I have received my kid's passports on Friday. :)

I applied for my 4 year old's passport (normal category). Appointment was for 27th June, 2014. We submitted perfect set of documents. No problems there.

Police verification was done on 1st July to policeman's "satisfaction".

Now since 3rd July (one month now), I am seeing the status as:

"Police Verification Report for your passport application is under review at Regional Passport Office. After Police Verification Report is found clear, passport will be dispatched. You would receive an sms/e-mail once the passport is dispatched."

Is it normal? Where should I contact for this delay ?

I was trying to book a slot for 8th August today. And even after trying for around 30mins wasn't able to get a slot. However, slots were available at Hubli PSK.

So I got two question s here:
1. What else can I do to get as slot at Bangalore PSKs?
2. If I book a slot at Hubli PSK, will they accept my application?

Regards

As far as I know, booking is not required for passport of minors. ARN number is more than sufficient.
I got passports for my 2 kids couple of months back from Pune office.
You have to go there before 10 am. If you have kids with you, you dont even have to stand outside in line. Inside also, there is separate queue for minors and senior citizens.

Carry as much docs as you have, if they reject some docs, there are photocopy machines inside to submit other docs you have carried.

Minors below 4 years are not photographed at PSK. You need to carry photo with you for them. Read instructions on psk site for taking photographs of infants. My daughter was just 2 months old when we applied for her passport, it was a very tedious task to take a snap of her.

So here is how it went about when I went for passport application of my 1.5 Months old son.

1. I had taken appointment already (my mistake...could have just walked in, in morning) so did not want to forgo the 1000 Rs paid online. Appointment time was 12:30 Pm and reporting time was 12:15 Pm.
2. We reached by 12:00 and still the guard outside allowed us inside when I told we have a baby with us. Security check happens before entering the main reception area.
3. There was a separate queue (with no one standing or at reception) for Minors and Senior Citizens. Asked some lady there and she took the application. Asked for My and my wife's passport. My wife's name is endorsed in my passport so it was easier. Submitted all xeroxes and she verified originals and put everything in a paper file and gave me token number.
4. In Section A seating area, we did not have to wait at all. Our number came immediately as we entered the area. Straight to that lady with camera and computer/scanner. Documents required were... Birth Certificate, Xerox of first/last page of my and my wife's passport. That's it.
5. She took the photo (which I gave, not using their camera) and cut its border and scanned it and returned it back to us. Filled all other details. One thing I was confused about was that the "Residing From" date. I had mentioned my son's Birthdate instead of my residing from date (as i had read somewhere) and she said it is fine and it should be applicant's only (my son).
6. Then she sent us to Section 'B' and there too process was instant. No waiting (PSK was crowded still).
7. But we had to wait for 15 Minutes to get our number in Counter 'C'. All done and we were out in 30 Minutes.

This was done on Monday 08th September and today on 12th September I even got SMS that the passport has been dispatched from their Worli Office.

Btw this was done at Malad Psk.

The only documents we took were..

1. Birth Certificate of my kid.
2. His Photography (took using phone at home and got white background photoshopped).
3. My passport's first and last page xerox
4. My Wife's passport first and last page xerox

I had a very good experience of applying for my 1.5 yr old daughters passport (Fresh)

Documents required:
1) Birth Certificate (Original and 1 self-attested Xerox)
2) Either parents passport with spouse name endorsed (Original and 1 self attested Xerox): My passport had my wife's name endorsed.
3) Address proof of parent: Any one from the list of valid address proofs in the 'Documents required' section. My passport doubled up as address proof as well although I had taken proof of gas connection, just in case. (1 original and 1 self attested Xerox)
4) 1 clear PP size photograph of the Infant with white background and neutral expression with both ears and corner of face visible. This was as per instruction in the Dos and Don'ts section for Minor photograph. (Somehow managed to get a photo with all the above mentioned points)
5) Annexure 'H': Duly filled and signed by both parents on a plain paper. Pls don't forget to mention Husband and Wife passport number, Date of Issue, Date of Expiry, Issue location against your respective signatures.

Here is the online application/appointment booking procedure:

1) Create a profile (you can use your name) in the passport portal and fill out the online form with the correct details.
2) Pls note: For minors, Emigration check is not required. Police verification is also not required in most of the cases. For any details, the FAQ section is the Bible.
3) Double check the filled details once before submitting the application form. You will be supplied with an ARN (Application Reference Number) with the infant name.
4) Against that particular ARN, click on 'Schedule Appointment'. The procedure is pretty straight-forward where you will be given options of Net-banking, Credit Card and SBI challan. The payment made is valid upto a period of 1 year. For some strange reason, the gateway was not accepting my net banking details. So went ahead with Credit Card.
5) Once payment is successful, you can go ahead and book appointment at the chosen PSK. The system will only show the next available date for nearby PSKs, but it will not show time. Appointment is not mandatory for infants, but the FAQs say that Online appointment is preferred in all cases. In my case, when I checked on 10th Sep, appointment was available for the very next day (11th Sep). Since I booked in the morning, I was allotted a 1030am slot with reporting time 15 mins prior to that: i.e 10:15am.

Now comes the experience at the PSK-Tolichowki, Hyderabad:

Important Point: There is a huge shortage of parking at the PSK. Infact it is a no-parking zone all along the PSK entrance. So please plan accordingly. Luckily since I was already aware and my home was not very far, I had gone by Auto.

1) Went there at 945 AM sharp (15 mins before reporting time). Seeing with my wife and Infant in tag, the security immediately let us in even though we were 15 mins early (Both parents can accompany an infant). We were asked to open our bags for security check.
2) There is a separate line for infants/sr.citizens with hardly 2 people there. The person at the counter took all the documents above, compared them with originals and asked me to wait for my daughters name to be called.
3) Within 5 mins, my daughters name was called from the adjacent counter and he provided us with a file with all the documents (Xerox) and an appointment token (Alphabet followed by number) printed on a half A4 sized paper.
4) Was ushered into the secure zone (through a turnstile which opens only after the bar-code in the appointment token is scanned) and directed straight into zone A, where our token number was displayed with the counter number (There are close to 30 counter here, designated A1, A2 and so on).
5) The guy at the counter scans and uploads all Xerox copies, photograph supplied by me as well as takes a thumb impression of the infant. Its a bit tricky but he handled this well. You can see all these details being fed into a screen facing you. Once everything is done, he submits the form and a file number is generated which is written on the file supplied to you. An acknowledgement form is also given. This finishes the work at section A
6) As soon as we went into the next section (B) where there were lots of people waiting, our token number was displayed on the screen. It was here that I learnt that Infants/Sr citizens are given first priority and they are assigned a Suffix S in the appointment token (ours was S26). Section B is manned by a government employee who checks the original documents again and puts his/her signature on the acknowledgement form given to you at section A. This finished section B.
7) We were waiting for hardly 5 mins, when our token number appeared against Section C as well. There the procedure is pretty much similar to section B but couple of questions asked. I was asked for may daughters DOB. Pretty straightforward and the guy at the counter smiled, signed on the ackhowledgement form at a different place and said 'Passport is Granted'. Pls collect the receipt at the exit before leaving.
8) As told by the guy at section C, we were given a receipt that contained the file number and other details like Whether police verification is required, number of years of validity granted for passport, ECR details etc.

It was an awesome experience and the procedure was a breeze lasting less than 45 mins from the time we went in to when we got out of the PSK. Compared to the old times when we used to wait in huge lines and paying for agents to overcome cumbersome documentation works, this was a cake-walk. The PSKs have a pantry with burgers and beverages available. They also have air-conditioning with ATM and Xerox facilities in-house. Friendly colunteers (I think they are TCS employees) guide you throughout the whole procedure telling you where to go next and other stuff. Even at the exit, I was given a warm Namaste, Thank you for visiting us by the security. Wow.

My take from this whole experience. If you have proper documentation. No-one can stop you from getting a passport.

I received an SMS even before I could come out of the complex, saying PP printing is initiated. By evening, I got an SMS saying it is printed and ready for dispatch. It was dispatched on 15th and I received it yesterday. It took just 2 working days for them to print and dispatch and another 2 days for it to arrive.

Cant believe all this is happening in INDIA!!!:thumbs up

Quote:

Originally Posted by racer_ash (Post 3536558)
.Here is the online application/appointment booking procedure:.

I have filled and updated the XML file for my minor son. Do I also need to update the documents before I proceed for the payment or should I just take an appointment and submit the copies with originals during visit to PSK?

Quote:

Originally Posted by AltoLXI (Post 3536798)
I have filled and updated the XML file for my minor son. Do I also need to update the documents before I proceed for the payment or should I just take an appointment and submit the copies with originals during visit to PSK?

No you don't need to. I had applied for my daughter's passport and never uploaded any documents as I read this thread.

I merely picked a slot and paid online through SBI and visited the PSK at the allocated time.

The good thing in my case was since both parents had spouse name clearly included in the passports, I only had to carry my daughter's Birth certificate and a copy our (Parent's) passports for Address and parental proof.

Quote:

Originally Posted by paragsachania (Post 3536802)
No you don't need to. I had applied for my daughter's passport and never uploaded any documents as I read this thread.

I merely picked a slot and paid online through SBI and visited the PSK at the allocated time.

The good thing in my case was since both parents had spouse name clearly included in the passports, I only had to carry my daughter's Birth certificate and a copy our (Parent's) passports for Address and parental proof.

The note in the online payment section says "Once the payment is successful, an appointment will be booked automatically for the selected Passport Seva Kendra and the "Appointment Confirmation" screen of PSP Portal will be displayed.".

Does that mean that I do not have an option to select an appointment at a later time? I have uploaded the XML file and want to make a payment but I want to walk in either on Wednesday or Thursday without appointment as my son has exams on other days.

Quote:

Originally Posted by AltoLXI (Post 3536813)
Does that mean that I do not have an option to select an appointment at a later time? I have uploaded the XML file and want to make a payment but I want to walk in either on Wednesday or Thursday without appointment as my son has exams on other days.

Once the appointment is given automatically, If I recall, you will have choice to change the slot (3 times).
It happened to me that I booked and my wife suggested it wasn't a good time/day and I was able to change it to another day/time and it worked in my favor more so because the available slot that the system showed was matching my needs.

Guys,

Just a query, Is police verification done for Minor's passport ? Is there an age limit after which the police verification starts ?

I need to apply for my 7 month old daughter's passport.

Regards
Dieseltuned