Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th September 2013, 14:39   #76
BANNED

re: HV Kumar's cellphone suspended based on one lame complaint! Now Restored!

@Biraj; rules notwithstanding they consider themselves all powerful. I suggest at least a legal notice is served on the TRAI based on what you are stating. Some member(s) of this forum should volunteer.
Old 9th September 2013, 15:00   #77
BHPian

I have also signed the petition.I hope that things workout well for you HVK. I have never had an opportunity to fall back on your vast knowledge of the Indian Highways but I do hope to make your aquaintance and have your guidance in the future. Your actions and guidance has built up a considerable reputation for you in the motoring fraternity. We certainly hope that you will continue with the good work that you do.
Regards,
Ashphil
Old 9th September 2013, 16:46   #78
BHPian

Logged in on this lovely forum after a long gap. I have been following this discussion on HVK forum. All that could have happened wrong, has happened to the humble and helping man we call HVK sir, out of pure, natural and genuine respect. Signed the petition on the other forum, and eagerly waiting for some good news. HVK sir, whatever happens, thousands of us are with you. BUT, yes, I also agree with someone who wrote in this thread earlier, has the time not come for you to be little selective in helping people, so that such 'mistakes' don't happen by innocent people!!.. I know its against your nature to discriminate among 'help/guidance - seekers', but what to do if such things happen.
Old 9th September 2013, 21:38   #79
BHPian

How many of us have registered for DND and still get SMS marketing all kinds of stuff?
One report and a customer for all these years, whose been paying bills all these years gets blacklisted with one report. Thats pretty impressive on loopys part I guess.

Is number portabilty allowed in such cases? The Cost of being the Human Gps! Or is it your scorpio asking for a break! Whatever, Nothing changes, we all are with you. Your number can change, but that doesnt really change any thing

@ HV, Psst, you still have a few inches of certain areas left out you know ....
Old 9th September 2013, 21:44   #80
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by YaeJay View Post
How many of us have registered for DND and still get SMS marketing all kinds of stuff?
One report and a customer for all these years, whose been paying bills all these years gets blacklisted with one report. Thats pretty impressive on loopys part I guess.

Is number portabilty allowed in such cases? The Cost of being the Human Gps! Or is it your scorpio asking for a break! Whatever, Nothing changes, we all are with you. Your number can change, but that doesnt really change any thing

@ HV, Psst, you still have a few inches of certain areas left out you know ....
Agree with you entirely!
Once the number is suspended, no portability is allowed.
My phone has been blissfully silent last few days, but technology makes it possible to communicate on various platforms - I use WhatsApp extensively (through Wi Fi network) and that continues. None of those who I am guiding on the road currently have felt any dislocation, things are normal, but yes, voice connectivity is a problem.
Old 10th September 2013, 09:25   #81
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post

Agree with you entirely!
Once the number is suspended, no portability is allowed.
My phone has been blissfully silent last few days, but technology makes it possible to communicate on various platforms - I use WhatsApp extensively (through Wi Fi network) and that continues. None of those who I am guiding on the road currently have felt any dislocation, things are normal, but yes, voice connectivity is a problem.
I have signed the petition already and just hope that something will work out in your favor. I always felt your guidance is much more than the mere GPS we have.

so much trouble for such a fool. I hope innocent people would continue getting your help one way or the other.
Old 10th September 2013, 09:38   #82
Senior - BHPian

The Key Points:

1. My mobile number was suspended on the grounds of being a telemarketer on the basis of 1 complaint received against me from a friend, who made the complaint by mistake

2. Loop Mobile unilaterally suspended my number without formally intimating me & seeking explanation or evidence from me. Loop Mobile did not have any answer on what were the grounds based on which they found an ordinary SMS sent to a friend as a telemarketing message. This means, they act on any frivolous or pranksters’ complaint without investigating or corroborating the facts.

3. Loop Mobile customer relationship manager calls up several of my friends and alleges that I am a defaulter is paying their bills and hence, my number was suspended. The facts are, there are or ever were any overdues. It is a mystery how this junior customer service executive not only had access to confidential data about my mobile phones, but he was also able to read out contents of SMS messages sent by me when even senior officials confirmed that they cannot see them. Senior officials stated to me later that it is the “market practice” defaulting customers by defaming them and making unfounded allegations to their most-frequently called numbers. They also said that they do not need to observe any TRAI-imposed safeguards in this regard.

4. Loop Mobile officials promised to restore my number since the complaint itself against my SMS had been withdrawn but later on took shelter under what they call are TRAI’s rules or refusal to allow them to disconnect the number of a customer for the past 17 years – and where they made a mistake!

The issue is not just one of suspension of my mobile services, but:

(a) Loop Mobile hastily acting on a singular complaint to block a number without any scrutiny, which mans any prankster can report a call or SMS and hope to harass the other person

(b) Loop Mobile misusing confidential customer data, especially in junior (or outsourced?) employees’ hands (this person was a guy named Mr Faizal) and also reading SMS and other information flowing through my mobile phone

(c) Loop Mobile using defamation tactics to recover dues even when the customer has NO dues!

This is not an individual's battle, but a full-fledged war that we as mobile telephone users must wage against telecom companies & telecom regulators - we are not safe, our fundamental rights are threatened, your money & personal life is jeopardised

Imagine the lowest-level customer service executive can read the SMSes & data that goes through your mobile phone even as senior management claims that they have no access to your data! How did this lowest-level person read out the contents of the SMS which I had sent to Sandeep Kumar? If Loop management indeed did not see the contents of the SMS, how did they conclude that it was a "promotional" SMS - are they super-humans (or Gods) to assess that without even reading the SMS!!!!

Loop Mobile officials have admitted to their mistakes. They also admitted to "market practices" of calling up your friends & customers to bad-mouth you. And they also promise to restore my number, but fail to live up to their commitment.

All these admissions are in video & audio - both releasing soon

Unfortunately, the simple process of filing complaints and Judicial activism in India requires lots of resources. I have enough arsenal to seek criminal prosecution of the customer service executive - and also the CEO of Loop MObile in sequence - but the police in this country are mostly thugs in uniform, and need lots of "persuasion" and "resources" to get there.

I have already lost 5 days. My customers can't contact me. I am unable to access & do transactions in my bank accounts. Tomorrow, if any one misueses my credit cards, bank accounts, etc, the transaction SMS will not reach me & alert me into a hack-in event. My car GPS is linked to mobile, and I won't get alerts if someone were to drive away with it. I do not know who is reading daily notifications/ alerts from my bank accounts & others. This year, I did not get a single invite to Ganpati poojas - simply because the calls or SMSes of my friends & hosts never reached me. There was a huge fight in my Society - where I am also building Secretary - because of certain events which could not be communicated to me at that time & caused lots of misunderstandings & conflicts. I do not kn ow how much of business I have lost. I am looking like a fool today. A couple of important meetings with overseas visitors (scheduled for this week) I am unable to confirm because I have to also inform them my mobile number since these are field visits/ meetings & I am unable to do so. My business runs entirely on mobile - and many of my clients one-off purely driven by reference, direct through other clients or through lots of information about my work published on internet, and I will never come to know how many calls I missed - and will continue to do so.

I have several GPS trackers which are controlled only through my mobile phone, the number which is now deactivated. So should I throw away those trackers on which I have made considerable investments, importing them & running them - besides all losing patronage?

Just now, I am trying to connect with someone on Glympse, the live tracking software - I am unable to do so because the link to connect has gone to my mobile phone.....

Last edited by hvkumar : 10th September 2013 at 09:57.
Old 10th September 2013, 10:18   #83
Distinguished - BHPian

@HVK,
I hope publishing the details will not weakern your case - this being public forum, is viewable to all
Old 10th September 2013, 10:29   #84
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
@HVK,
I hope publishing the details will not weakern your case - this being public forum, is viewable to all
This is already in public domain.
Loop Mobile can try replying to each of these. They have no answers.
Old 10th September 2013, 11:38   #85
BHPian

This is very very stupid and lame on the part of Loop Mobile. They should be sued for such an oversight. I wish you get your number back along with penalties paid to you for the inconvenience caused by this episode. No wonder when I tried to reach you last week I wasn't able to. Hope all of this sorted out very soon Kumar sir
Old 10th September 2013, 12:06   #86
BANNED

Quote:
@HVK,
No way can it weaken!! Also, has any member volunteered to take up the matter legally?

Once the fracas is settled I suggest as many of us as possible who are on Loop switch out. This will hurt them where it hurts?
Old 10th September 2013, 15:47   #87
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
Once the fracas is settled I suggest as many of us as possible who are on Loop switch out. This will hurt them where it hurts?
Number of customers that Loop will lose will not make any signifcant dent to them, .. IMO
Old 10th September 2013, 15:56   #88
BANNED

Quote:
Number of customers that Loop will lose will not make any signifcant dent to them, .. IMO
Not the numbers but the customer feedback may matter!
Old 10th September 2013, 15:58   #89
Distinguished - BHPian

if it had mattered any, then they wouldnt even had done it in the first place
Old 10th September 2013, 16:05   #90
BHPian

Quote:
+1. As it is, they are planning to exit telecom sector.

Source: http://articles.economictimes.indiat...rti-airtel-mhz

Mistakes have been made and they should be sorted but it's important not to get carried away by emotions and focus on life's priorities. If HVK's life is so heavily impacted by the loss of the phone number, then the first step should be to get an alternate number and spread it to the business and personal contacts. The crusade with Loop can happen parallely.

Last edited by Biraj : 10th September 2013 at 16:06. Reason: Adding the url

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks