Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th March 2024, 17:54   #106
BHPian

Re: Lego Technic

Nice to see fellow Lego technic enthusiasts in the forum, I have 3 sets. A Mercedes Benz Unimog U400, Mercedes Benz arocs truck & a Land Rover Classic Defender 90. The first two have been built, the Defender is yet to be assembled. I was lucky and got them under 20K, Amazon India prices are exorbitant, some sets are priced at 50K and even 80K....

Last edited by BlackBeard : 19th March 2024 at 18:00.
BlackBeard is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th April 2024, 21:35   #107
BHPian

Finally done. What a build!! Takes immense effort and has so many intricate steps. Totally worth the time spent. And this thing is so huge. Weights 1.45 Kg (yes i actually measured).
And not to forget, this is not even the original lego. I got this From China for under 2K (thanks to my cousin who got it personally).
Cumulative effort of my kid and myself.
One lego mini figure and iPhone 13 for scale to show how huge this set is.
Attached Thumbnails
Lego Technic-365c8f56c7324ca8ac6928013d9e9ad4.jpeg  

Lego Technic-260c1e4e6802477fb5dba542fd15cf03.jpeg  

Lego Technic-1ea123db835848c3937e3209ccbcaf9d.jpeg  

Lego Technic-9ed523433c874fd09de1dc52a297578e.jpeg  

Lego Technic-70222c4baeb44af6911f85755a80b6cf.jpeg  

Lego Technic-da18efedb8c9401ab1236fb533956a03.jpeg  

Lego Technic-f1460a733b16448a9b857cdc5f15ff77.jpeg  

raksrules is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 17th April 2024, 12:10   #108
Senior - BHPian

So tempted to buy the new Ayrton Senna F1 set. It's at 7,999 and i'm hoping for a sale sometime soon to take the plunge
deathwalkr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th April 2024, 14:36   #109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post
So tempted to buy the new Ayrton Senna F1 set. It's at 7,999 and i'm hoping for a sale sometime soon to take the plunge
It is new so I don't expect deals but if you can keep a tracking on keepa.com and price reduces you will know and also hoping that during amazon diwali sale, you may get better discount.
Keep checking toycra.com too and if I too get to know about some offer, I will post here.
raksrules is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st April 2024, 10:07   #110

Hi Folks

Got the Lego Technic 42129 Zetros at more than 50 % discount at Hamleys Delhi Airport sometime back. My son wanted to build the Jeep Wrangler by Viktor Gyenes. SO bought instructions on Rebrickable

https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-929...ngler/#details

Its a wonderful model and fully remote controlled using the control plus LEGO app.
Lego Technic-jeep-fin-3.jpeg

Lego Technic-jeep-fin.jpeg

Lego Technic-jeep1.jpeg

Lego Technic-jeep2.jpeg

Lego Technic-jeep3.jpeg
manojpatnaik is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 21st April 2024, 10:34   #111

Hi Folks,

My son and I built the 42113 Lego Technic V22 Osprey in red instead of the orange as many orange parts were exclusive to that set. As the set was cancelled just prior to official release, it has been a much sought after set by Technic fans. As the prices of the original set, many of which were already at the stores before the recall, are available for insanely crazy prices, it was the best option for me to build with parts.

I got most of the crucial parts from the Bricklink store Bangalore Bricks for this awesome build. Do check out Vijay's store for parts. I've linked it below.

https://store.bricklink.com/ProVijay?p=ProVijay#

There was an inherent design flaw in the original instructions which was fixed by users and documented on Eurobricks forums that we implemented in this build so that the 8 teeth gear dont grind😬 Many believe this flaw was the reason for its cancellation, while many believe that it was cancelled on the pretext that war machines are not part of LEGO's product lines even though this was approved as a rescue aircraft. Whatever, it was too bad such a beautiful set had to be cancelled. Below are a few pictures and a video of my build. Hope you will like it.

Lego Technic-org2.jpg

Lego Technic-org1.jpg

Lego Technic-osp.jpeg

Lego Technic-osp2.jpeg

Lego Technic-osp3.jpeg

Lego Technic-osp4.jpeg

Lego Technic-osprey2.jpeg

Lego Technic-osprey.jpeg
manojpatnaik is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 21st April 2024, 13:07   #112

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBeard View Post
Nice to see fellow Lego technic enthusiasts in the forum, I have 3 sets. A Mercedes Benz Unimog U400, Mercedes Benz arocs truck & a Land Rover Classic Defender 90. The first two have been built, the Defender is yet to be assembled. I was lucky and got them under 20K, Amazon India prices are exorbitant, some sets are priced at 50K and even 80K....
True, some sellers quote sky high prices for retired sets on Amazon. I bought the unimog new from a fellow AFOL for 20k, a decent post retirement price. They look cool with the tractor tyres. I had missed the Arocs in 2015, it was impossible to lay hands on one for less than 25k used in India. So I made mine with parts.

Lego Technic-arocs1.jpeg

Lego Technic-arocs2.jpeg

Lego Technic-uni.jpeg

Lego Technic-uni2.jpeg
manojpatnaik is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 21st April 2024, 14:04   #113
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manojpatnaik View Post
True, some sellers quote sky high prices for retired sets on Amazon. I bought the unimog new from a fellow AFOL for 20k, a decent post retirement price. They look cool with the tractor tyres. I had missed the Arocs in 2015, it was impossible to lay hands on one for less than 25k used in India. So I made mine with parts.
Wow, that is some Lego technic collection you've got there. Would like to see it some day...

Not only retired sets, even current sets sell at a premium in India at ridiculous prices. MB Arocs truck technic set sells for 30K!

The unimog I bought new for 15K in 2013, the shop had another one - should have bought that too. The tractor tyres indeed look cool, did you get it from the Bangalore link you sent earlier?
Any idea how to convert them to RC models, saw a few videos on youtube!
BlackBeard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st April 2024, 14:59   #114

Quote:
Wow, that is some Lego technic collection you've got there. Would like to see it some day...

Not only retired sets, even current sets sell at a premium in India at ridiculous prices. MB Arocs truck technic set sells for 30K!

The unimog I bought new for 15K in 2013, the shop had another one - should have bought that too. The tractor tyres indeed look cool, did you get it from the Bangalore link you sent earlier?
Any idea how to convert them to RC models, saw a few videos on Youtube!
Thanks.

The yellow rims and tractor tyres are from the 42081 Volvo wheel loader. I had bought 2 when there was a 50% off deal online.
For RC, be on the look out for the 42160 Audi etron. I'd got it at 45% off for under 10k on flipkart. Its MRP is 17999 but keep it in your cart so you'll geta notification of price reduction . It has 3 Large Motors and app controlled so you can use your mobile to control any RC model you are gonna build.

Lego Technic-audi2.jpeg

Lego Technic-audi1.jpeg
manojpatnaik is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2024, 11:25   #115
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manojpatnaik View Post
For RC, be on the look out for the 42160 Audi etron.
It has 3 Large Motors and app controlled so you can use your mobile to control any RC model you are gonna build.
Thanks for the info. Have you done this sort of a conversion before?

I contacted LEGO in 2017/18 asking them for inputs to convert the Unimog to fully RC and if there were any mindstorm kits for the conversion. They replied in the negative and asked me to try something aftermarket & hinted at looking out in the Eurobricks site. No luck so far. I am able to find light and sound upgrade kits only.

Last edited by BlackBeard : 23rd April 2024 at 11:48.
Old 23rd April 2024, 11:43   #116
BHPian

Wow, this is incredible.
My best buddies kid (9 years old) is a huge huge Lego's fan.
There is not one model that we have given him which he has completed before we could finish a few drinks at his place.
Planning to give him his first Legos Technic Set this time and these are some brilliant ideas.
I can hardly make one on my own that I am sure, going to give him that Mustang Shelby pieces to build me a car
And for some reason Legos are prized very well on Flipkart in comparison to Amazon.
Rohitthebest is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2024, 12:06   #117

Quote:
Thanks for the info. Have you done this sort of a conversion before?

I contacted LEGO in 2017/18 asking them for inputs to convert the Unimog to fully RC and if there were any mindstorm kits for the conversion. They replied in the negative and asked me to try something aftermarket & hinted at looking out in the Eurobricks site. No luck so far. I am able to find light and sound upgrade kits only.

I have built many rc technic models. If you get the 42160 Audi, you will get 3 motors and a bluetooth hub which you can use for RC conversion.The Lego power functions motors could be used with IR receiver and remote for conversion and have now been phased out. It is difficult but possible to buy them on bricklink. However, as the Audi etron is a current set, you can purchase it for around 10k and use your phone to control the model. you can use the same motors for RC conversion of your 8110 unimog.

https://bricksafe.com/files/jb70/811...5%20Unimog.pdf

The above link shows instructions for RC of unimog with power functions components but you can do the conversion with the components loaned from the audi set with some tweaks.
manojpatnaik is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2024, 22:12   #118
BHPian

Wow! Nice collection you got there @manoj.

The best place I found to buy Legos is at the airport duty free in Mumbai. The price is almost 30-40% lesser than that of a retail outlet. Although we don't have much choice.

When I was a kid, I had a Lego Technic, 8055 and it helped me figure out how gears moved together. It was great fun.

Recently, got a Lego Technic, 42140 and built it with my daughter. It is an App controlled transformation vehicle. With this new age technics, which come with enclosed motors, the fun of using gears with the motors is gone. If you have any leads on these type of Lego Technics, do share.

Last edited by Karaboudjan : 23rd April 2024 at 22:13. Reason: Adding more information.
Old 24th April 2024, 11:31   #119
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karaboudjan View Post
Wow! Nice collection you got there @manoj.

The best place I found to buy Legos is at the airport duty free in Mumbai. The price is almost 30-40% lesser than that of a retail outlet. Although we don't have much choice.

When I was a kid, I had a Lego Technic, 8055 and it helped me figure out how gears moved together. It was great fun.

Recently, got a Lego Technic, 42140 and built it with my daughter. It is an App controlled transformation vehicle. With this new age technics, which come with enclosed motors, the fun of using gears with the motors is gone. If you have any leads on these type of Lego Technics, do share.
Which terminal exactly?

I travelled through T1 last month and there was a toy store with lego just near the lounge and the prices there seemed to be same as MRP. Then, when I was exiting T1, there was this small Hamley's outlet which too had lego but I didn't see the prices there.

Are you talking about T2 or T1?
Old 24th April 2024, 15:48   #120
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raksrules View Post
Which terminal exactly?

Are you talking about T2 or T1?
Hi Raks,
I bought two Legos from T2 duty free. After the immigration counter, when arriving. The Ninjago Lego was retailing around 28k at that time on Amazon and I got it for 18K at the Duty free. Similar price difference was there on the Technic 42140.
These sets are kept between the chocolate aisles and the billing counters on the right hand side of the walkway.
Karaboudjan is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks