A well planned vacation 11 11.34%
To live 1 day of the week as you want. 14 14.43%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 97. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 14th January 2014, 18:18   #1
Senior - BHPian

The One Thing you wish you had in life

Hello my dear Bhpians.

The thread I am going to start today is about small little things that one may have needed to get that beautiful smile but could not have it. The thing which was a well kept wish in your hearts and you thought of buying it someday.

Life gives us so many chances to achieve our aims and fulfill our objectives and seldom we realise that in this mad rush of jobs, review meetings, presentations and appointments one does not get the time to live that one moment or have that one small little thing by which the entire day's pressure could be released.

We all are from different professional backgrounds and are living in different states but by starting this thread I wish to connect us all on a friendly level and share that one special thing we desire.

For all my mates here; that one special little thing that you could not get can be a favourite story book/novel, the favourite car, a favourite toy in childhood, a favourite DVD/VCD or a warm hug when you needed it etc. Let me also emphasise on the importance of emotions and feelings one may have but did not express the same at the right time so my humble request is to treat this thread as a medium to convey that one special feeling to your parents, loved ones, your friends, pets and to even those who unfortunately are no more.

Life is a beautiful journey in which we encounter a number of moments which often leave an impression in our hearts so come up and share those beautiful moments and may be you may get a chance to re-live that moment because one never knows what future has in store.

Therefore, I hereby put-forward this thread on this tbhp forum for all my fellow bhpians.

Thanks for sharing and reading.

AD
Old 14th January 2014, 19:15   #2
Senior - BHPian

Nice topic, for me it has to be a huge independent house in Delhi, one with pool, gym etc etc and lots of parking
Old 14th January 2014, 19:25   #3
Senior - BHPian

re: The One Thing you wish you had in life

The things that I want in life :

1) Peace
2) Safety
3) Lack of fear of any sort, be it social, emotional, political, physical, mental, financial.

The biggest freedom is freedom from fear.
Old 14th January 2014, 19:37   #4
BHPian

It would be interesting to see what comes up on this thread.

I just want enough time to spend with my kiddo.
Old 14th January 2014, 19:40   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameerg001 View Post
Nice topic, for me it has to be a huge independent house in Delhi, one with pool, gym etc etc
I believe having just a big house is not enough. Have your loved ones with you to share the beautiful moments in that house is the thing that will make your dream house into a home!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
The things that I want in life :

1) Peace
2) Safety
3) Lack of fear of any sort, be it social, emotional, political, physical, mental, financial.
I guess doing the right thing at the right time with the right intension shall give you all of the above mate. Honestly when you see your family welcoming you with open arms and with a smile you are at peace. When you get a call from a distant friend or a relative after a long time you know they are safe and when you are able to meet your friends, hold the hand of the one you care for and provide a helping hand to the one in need you feel fearless.

AD
Old 14th January 2014, 19:55   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ad3952n View Post

I believe having just a big house is not enough. Have your loved ones with you to share the beautiful moments in that house is the thing that will make your dream house into a home!!
All this i already have

What would I love to have is what I posted.
Old 14th January 2014, 19:58   #7
BHPian

I would say "Satisfaction" - rest all is myth
Old 14th January 2014, 20:45   #8
BHPian

Well, the one thing I wished I had in life!

I've a blessed life. I have everything I need, and more. I live in the best times ever in the history of mankind. I have food 3 meals a day, and fuel to cook it without choking on the smoke. If I feel lazy I can order someone to cook delicious dishes from another cuisine. I have water when I want it, and a toilet sure is a great alternative to the bushes. I have medical care within reach and I have medicines for a host of diseases which eradicated millions of our earlier kind.

At the flick of a switch, I have light. At the flick of a button, I have news and comic relief (or are they both the same?) from all over the world. I have a device that connects me with the entire world via a keyboard, a screen that is made up of liquid crystals (the what?) brings me so much to read, create and do. And the entire machine communicates with the world using wireless waves and invisible electrons (try explaining that to someone 200 years back in time). Hell, it brings me my daily bread! The device in my pocket brings all the above conveniences to my hand's reach !

What did I forget? Aah, transport fuel! Man's greatest discovery! With it I get to go from place A to place B without having to sweat it out in the sun walking or riding an animal (that I have to take care of), and tens of times faster, at that. 100ml of this liquid gold in my two-wheeled machine gets me in 5min as far I could walk in about 60-80min. Other byproducts of this discovery get food to my local store, powers up homes, runs factories, makes stuff, and basically runs the economy.

I feel incredibly lucky to be in these times.

Yet, if there is one thing I love and I wish I had - it would be a connection to the land that feeds me. I've been deprived so far of the pleasure to be able to feel the earth on my feet, to be able to feel the plants that nourish me, to be able to dig my hands into earth's life giving dirt. To be able to sow a seed of food and be able to watch it grow and reap the harvest. To be surrounded by a variety of nature's gifts to man - plants, trees and shrubs of all kind.

If it's not clear so far, it is my desire to be able to live on my own piece of land in a humble independent house in the middle of nowhere (silence!), powered by the sun, fed by my harvest. I'd wish to be able to sleep on my roof gazing at the dark night's sky and remember how lucky I am to be able to experience life on my mother Earth - a planet which I will never cease to be in awe of.

Cheers!
Old 14th January 2014, 20:57   #9
Distinguished - BHPian

wish I had the freedom to just drop everything and drive away as and when I feel like it
Old 14th January 2014, 21:04   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by latentpotential View Post
It would be interesting to see what comes up on this thread.
Thats the beauty of it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by varun.ppl View Post
I would say "Satisfaction" - rest all is myth
Mate you are a optimist and I appreciate it because Satisfaction is hard to find in today's life so I really like your choice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellmet View Post
I'd wish to be able to sleep on my roof gazing at the dark night's sky and remember how lucky I am to be able to experience life on my mother Earth
Nothing like a beautiful night sky!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by procrj View Post
wish I had the freedom to just drop everything and drive away as and when I feel like it
Even I second you on that mate.

AD
Old 14th January 2014, 21:25   #11
BHPian

A fearless society and social security. Thanks AD for asking this simple yet tough question.

Best Wishes
Old 14th January 2014, 21:27   #12
BHPian

I would say that I am pretty much happy with the life I have right now. The key is to find happiness with what you have, if we accept things as it is, make a little bit of adjustment and make space for others then we can have a happy life(wholly my opinion). If we keep on counting what we have and what we don't, then we will always be in the never ending cycle of quest of materialistic satisfaction which is short lived. However from the above list, I would like to relieve my childhood, want to relieve the 90's, want to relieve the carefree days and want to relieve the innocence..
Old 14th January 2014, 21:52   #13
BHPian

Hellmet awesome post! I guess what you want in life is fairly relative to what stage in life you're in. What I want right now is to just lay on the grass and watch the stars shine through, slow down and have the ability to just let time pass by.
Old 15th January 2014, 09:33   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mints21 View Post
A fearless society and social security. Thanks AD for asking this simple yet tough question.
A fearless society is surely an important need and sir my question reaches out to all my mates like you who some how missed that 1 little thing!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by throttlehead View Post
What I want right now is to just lay on the grass and watch the stars shine through, slow down and have the ability to just let time pass by.
Wow!! This shows the desire to live a life with your own pace.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EFF-EIGHT-BEE View Post
I would say that I am pretty much happy with the life I have right now. If we keep on counting what we have and what we don't, then we will always be in the never ending cycle of quest of materialistic satisfaction which is short lived. However from the above list, I would like to relieve my childhood, want to relieve the 90's, want to relieve the carefree days and want to relieve the innocence..
Good to know mate that you are happy with your life. My point is to bring out that one small thing that could have made your life made even more enjoyable. Hence your choices itself show how dearly you want the childhood back and surely its a fact that there is a child in all of us irrespective of the age.

AD
Old 15th January 2014, 09:39   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellmet View Post
Well, the one thing I wished I had in life!

I've a blessed life. I have everything I need, and more.
Cheers!
Hellmet: I raise my hat to you.

To each his own view point, depending on age and needs. I found this on face book and thought it appropriate for this topic.Its an exhaustive list, but has got something for everyone

http://www.viralnova.com/regret-when-older/

Mod Note : Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers.

Thanks!

Last edited by Aditya : 16th January 2014 at 10:01.

Most Viewed