Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th January 2017, 15:45   #61
BHPian

Re: Aero India: Feb 2015 at Yelahanka Air Force base, Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by shifu View Post
Looking at the hours of the airshow, the hours are 1pm to 5pm on 14th and 9am to 5pm on the other days. Does anybody know if there is an airshow on the 14th (first day) or not?
When I attended the airshow in 2013, on a weekday, the flying happened in two stages. 9am till 1.00 or so, and then this scheduled was repeated from 1.00 to 4.00 (with a small break in between). So each plane, including the redbull team flew twice.

Maybe on the first day the morning edition does not happen due to ribbon cutting, speeches etc.?
Old 24th January 2017, 18:22   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Does anybody know if there is an airshow on the 14th (first day) or not?
On the opening day, the general public will usually be allowed in the afternoon. There used to be one show on the first day and two shows from the following days. Have you booked tickets? If so, did you not get these details?
Old 27th January 2017, 19:06   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijayvelprakash View Post
On the opening day, the general public will usually be allowed in the afternoon. There used to be one show on the first day and two shows from the following days. Have you booked tickets? If so, did you not get these details?
I have an acquaintance in the IAF and I was expecting the passes from her. Looks like it won't work out, I'll have to buy the tickets.

On their website they have two kinds of visitors - "Visitors Exhibition Area" and "General Visitors (only ADVA)". I kind of understood that I should be buying the "General Visitors (only ADVA)" tickets, but does anybody know if this is correct?
Old 28th January 2017, 11:23   #64
BHPian

Quote:
I have an acquaintance in the IAF and I was expecting the passes from her. Looks like it won't work out, I'll have to buy the tickets.

On their website they have two kinds of visitors - "Visitors Exhibition Area" and "General Visitors (only ADVA)". I kind of understood that I should be buying the "General Visitors (only ADVA)" tickets, but does anybody know if this is correct?
You could buy either "Visitors Exhibition Area" or "General Visitors (only ADVA)".

General Visitors (only ADVA) - This ticket gives you access to the Air Display Viewing Area where you get a chance to see the aircrafts displayed in close proximity. You can also witness the airshow with this ticket.

Visitors Exhibition Area - This ticket gives you access to the exhibition hall where you can see the stalls of various aerospace companies and get an idea of the latest developments in aerospace sector. This ticket will not allow you to enter the ADVA and hence you cannot witness the airshow with this ticket.

Hope I have given you some details.

By the way, from my experience, it is usually difficult for the general public to get tickets (be it General Visitor or Business Visitor ticket) through acquaintance in aerospace sector.
Old 28th January 2017, 11:50   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijayvelprakash View Post

This ticket will not allow you to enter the ADVA and hence you cannot witness the airshow with this ticket.
Small correction. You can witness the airshow with this ticket. There is huge open space in front of the hangars where you can stand and watch the display.

Another advantage of the Visitors Exhibition area is that you can see aircrafts kept on static display.
Attached Thumbnails
Aero India: Feb 2015 at Yelahanka Air Force base, Bangalore-img_0710.jpg  

Aero India: Feb 2015 at Yelahanka Air Force base, Bangalore-img_0768.jpg  

Aero India: Feb 2015 at Yelahanka Air Force base, Bangalore-img_0971.jpg  

Last edited by badri : 28th January 2017 at 12:02.
Old 28th January 2017, 12:23   #66
BHPian

Some pics I've taken during Aero India 2015..
Attached Thumbnails
Aero India: Feb 2015 at Yelahanka Air Force base, Bangalore-4k0a7617.jpg  

Aero India: Feb 2015 at Yelahanka Air Force base, Bangalore-4k0a7648.jpg  

Aero India: Feb 2015 at Yelahanka Air Force base, Bangalore-4k0a8823.jpg  

Aero India: Feb 2015 at Yelahanka Air Force base, Bangalore-4k0a7629.jpg  

Aero India: Feb 2015 at Yelahanka Air Force base, Bangalore-4k0a7537.jpg  

Aero India: Feb 2015 at Yelahanka Air Force base, Bangalore-4k0a9142.jpg  

Aero India: Feb 2015 at Yelahanka Air Force base, Bangalore-4k0a0913.jpg  

Aero India: Feb 2015 at Yelahanka Air Force base, Bangalore-4k0a9509-g.jpg  

Aero India: Feb 2015 at Yelahanka Air Force base, Bangalore-4k0a9383.jpg  

Aero India: Feb 2015 at Yelahanka Air Force base, Bangalore-4k0a7588.jpg  

Last edited by badri : 28th January 2017 at 12:34.
Old 28th January 2017, 18:35   #67
Senior - BHPian

The 11th edition of Aero India will be held at Air Force Station, Yelahanka, Bengaluru from 14 to 18 Feb 2017.
Guys, AVOID FEBRUARY 18 as there is likely to be a BUNDH across Karnataka due to Kambala issue, and your ticket may get wasted : (
Old 17th February 2017, 10:32   #68
BHPian

Did anyone visit the Aero India 2017 till date?

I am planning to take my kid on 18th Feb. Booked tickets on the website. I have two queries.

Where to collect the entry passes? Will it be at the venue?

There seems to be two parking areas for general visitors, one is right next to runway shown as ADVA parking 1 and the other is on the other side of the highway, called Domestic parking 2. Which of these should one go to?
Old 17th February 2017, 10:40   #69
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordday View Post
Did anyone visit the Aero India 2017 till date?

I am planning to take my kid on 18th Feb. Booked tickets on the website. I have two queries.

Where to collect the entry passes? Will it be at the venue?

There seems to be two parking areas for general visitors, one is right next to runway shown as ADVA parking 1 and the other is on the other side of the highway, called Domestic parking 2. Which of these should one go to?
Visited the show yesterday. Since I have been visiting every single time, this time there was nothing so special except for the latest SuryaKirans with upgraded aircraft. Though the other arrangements were done better this time, the registration process was totally goofed up and I was able to enter the area only at 12PM though I went to the registration area at 1030AM due to non functioning printers and slow computers. They are giving printed cards to all visitors which is an utter waste of infrastructure for a one time visitor.

If you have got tickets for the ADVA, then you can only park in the ADVA side. In case you park in the domestic area, then its virtually the other end of the venue and you will have to take an Auto to reach the ADVA area. Hence, you better park in ADVA itself. After you park, there is a registration tent where you can show your bar code number and get the entry cards printed.

However if you have purchased tickets to the exhibition area, you continue on Airport road after Gates 1, 2 and then cross the air field to take a U turn. After taking a U turn you will enter into Gate 5 which will lead you to domestic parking. Further, you can register and get your entry card printed there and board a shuttle which will bring you to Gate 2.
Old 17th February 2017, 10:52   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
If you have got tickets for the ADVA, then you can only park in the ADVA side. In case you park in the domestic area, then its virtually the other end of the venue and you will have to take an Auto to reach the ADVA area. Hence, you better park in ADVA itself. After you park, there is a registration tent where you can show your bar code number and get the entry cards printed.
Thanks Audioholic for such a lightning fast response.

Now I got more questions.

I bought the tickets as a General Visitor (Rs 600) and not for Exhibition, so this means ADVA tickets, correct?

As I understand, the Ballari road is closed from Hebbal flyover onwards for public vehicles. How best to got to ADVA from Bangalore south side (BTM layt)?

On booking tickets from the website, I only got a 16 characters alphnumeric but no barcode. Where did I miss the barcode?

Thanks.
Fordday.
Old 17th February 2017, 11:35   #71
BHPian

Guys, some questions:

1. If you buy the 1500 tickets from CCDs, do you still need to register?
2. Would someone suggest going there with a 3 year old?
3. How much time am I looking at waiting in lines?

Thinking of going to the show tomorrow - not an ideal choice but its the only day I can make it.
Old 17th February 2017, 13:47   #72
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Audioholic for such a lightning fast response.

I bought the tickets as a General Visitor (Rs 600) and not for Exhibition, so this means ADVA tickets, correct?

Yes. Always refer to ADVA area for all entry/parking etc

As I understand, the Ballari road is closed from Hebbal flyover onwards for public vehicles. How best to got to ADVA from Bangalore south side (BTM layt)?

It is not closed. You can come down hebbal flyover, and again go on the elevated expressway and then take the exit after the railway underbridge towards Yelahanka. On the service road a little while ahead you have to take left at NITTE Meenakshi college road.

On booking tickets from the website, I only got a 16 characters alphnumeric but no barcode. Where did I miss the barcode?

That alphanumeric code should be good enough.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pratyush6 View Post
Guys, some questions:

1. If you buy the 1500 tickets from CCDs, do you still need to register?
2. Would someone suggest going there with a 3 year old?
3. How much time am I looking at waiting in lines?

Thinking of going to the show tomorrow - not an ideal choice but its the only day I can make it.
1. If you have got a card with your name on it then not required. Else, you will have to follow the same procedure of registering at the venue.

2. Not really. Sunlight/Dust/Noise/People are in excess and unless a child can appreciate whats going on, it will be of no use but rather an irritation for them. In addition, you will not be able to experience it in full flare either.

3. Traffic and registration process might take time. But once inside the venue, the field is free to roam around.
Old 17th February 2017, 14:30   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I just returned from the same area (Ryan school which is within 1 km from the ADVA) after picking up my kid as she was not feeling well in class. There is no restriction on the hebbal side, although I could see too many cops on duty all over the place. I think the restriction is on the heavy trucks and such ! If you are driving through hebbal, take the elevated highway after columbia asia and take the service road once the first elevated highway ends. Continue after the Yelahanka signal, take first left and the ADVA parking is start of the road itself. Not sure if you have to walk the 1 km venue from that point or shuttle buses are available, I did not see a single shuttle within 30 mts of me being on that road.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratyush6 View Post
Would someone suggest going there with a 3 year old?.
Its a horrible idea to take a 3 year old, reasons being 1) heat and dust, 2)winter to summer transition and related virus all around, 3) high level noise levels which is not a healthy thing for that age.
Old 17th February 2017, 14:40   #74
BHPian

Quote:
So I am now planning to attend this on the first day - 14th Feb (Tue).
Quote:

2. Not really. Sunlight/Dust/Noise/People are in excess and unless a child can appreciate whats going on, it will be of no use but rather an irritation for them. In addition, you will not be able to experience it in full flare either.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post

Its a horrible idea to take a 3 year old, reasons being 1) heat and dust, 2)winter to summer transition and related virus all around, 3) high level noise levels which is not a healthy thing for that age.
I was planning on attending this on 14th, but dropped the idea because of the exact same reason. Even though my son is a bit older (will turn 5 in Mar), given how hot it is getting now in Feb, I dropped the plan a week back. I'll hopefully be able to take him in 2019.
Old 17th February 2017, 15:03   #75
BHPian

Quote:
3. Traffic and registration process might take time. But once inside the venue, the field is free to roam around.
Thanks for the detailed response.

Do they have food stall arrangements inside? Do they allow to carry food and water along?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
If you are driving through hebbal, take the elevated highway after columbia asia and take the service road once the first elevated highway ends. Continue after the Yelahanka signal, take first left and the ADVA parking is start of the road itself.
Thanks. Got the idea now. I was worried about having to take BEL circle - Nagenahalli roundabout...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks