Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th August 2006, 00:48   #106
Senior - BHPian

Guys we are missing one point here. Does the cycle have a light? Forget 200 KMPH, even at 80 KMPH during late night you can easily miss a cycle with no light. I remember hearing when i was a kid that dynamo light is mandatory for cycles. It's been more than a decade since i saw a cycle with dynamo. And the rear reflectors even if they are present, they are hardly visible.

If the milkman still survived after the collission, i don't think the car is doing any high speeds. It's being exploited by the media.

This doesn't mean i am supporting the underaged car driver. I am strictly against underage driving. But i feel every road user should be safety conscious. It's usually the pedestrains, cycles and other slow moving vehicles are the ones that overlook the road safety

Last edited by satish_appasani : 25th August 2006 at 00:50.
Old 25th August 2006, 03:42   #107
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondadude
This is going way OT but I am enjoying healthy discussion

Its not about whether kids can hide it or not but are parents paying enough attention to kids? What they do in their spare time, who are their friends, where do they hang out, how are they doing in their school/college etc. It all depends on how much time parents are willing to spend on their children (and it does take a lot of time).
your right man this is going wayyy offtopic, its turning into a "how to raise kids thread"

Anyways I think there is now way parents can stop their kids from doing ANYTHING nowdays. Parents shouldnt be stopping their kids from doing somthing wrong but should raise their kids in such a way that the kids automatically decide not to do something wrong cos there is absolutely NO way parents can come to know about something that their kid doesnt want them to know about if the kid is smart enough be it drinking or driving.

Anyways there are a number of parents who want their children to know how to drive before 18 and are quite proud of the fact that their child is able to take the car out on his or her own. I dont think we should jump to conclusions and assume that the kid snuck the car out or anything.

Last edited by khanak : 25th August 2006 at 03:43.
Old 25th August 2006, 11:29   #108
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satish_appasani
Guys we are missing one point here. Does the cycle have a light? Forget 200 KMPH, even at 80 KMPH during late night you can easily miss a cycle with no light. I remember hearing when i was a kid that dynamo light is mandatory for cycles. It's been more than a decade since i saw a cycle with dynamo. And the rear reflectors even if they are present, they are hardly visible.

If the milkman still survived after the collission, i don't think the car is doing any high speeds. It's being exploited by the media.

This doesn't mean i am supporting the underaged car driver. I am strictly against underage driving. But i feel every road user should be safety conscious. It's usually the pedestrains, cycles and other slow moving vehicles are the ones that overlook the road safety
Satish, these two kids were dragging on that road. If I'm not mistaken, this kid was on the extreme left side and hit the milkman who was NOT AT FAULT because he was on the side, minding his business. While hitting the milkman, he also hit the pavement (which is slightly high), that's how the front left side was damaged....if you see this road, you will realize how wide it is and how vehicles SPEED on that stretch. Mornings and afternoons the cops have their Interceptors catching overspeeding cars but there's nothing post evening which is when all the mischief starts

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks