Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 5th December 2007, 22:47   #1561

ok guys..rush to lifestyle in pheonix and buy the players range as soon as possible...they have the murci spyder...s600 and a eldorado biaritz....they also have a motogp safety car-M5...and a cayenne...
Old 5th December 2007, 23:09   #1562
BHPian

Great News ... Thanks... Should be heading there soon... Saturday by last.

Lets hope for the best....
Old 5th December 2007, 23:20   #1563

hmm...also have some info that shoppers stop bandra is getting a truckload of toys soon...which include lots of scale models....
Old 6th December 2007, 04:01   #1564
BHPian

I sinned ! Also ..Presenting the 'Dubai Collection'.

Hi Guys. I er.. visited Exoto Tifosi.. couldnt breathe... think properly ..cars everywhere..dizzying colours ...lights ..felt faint.. out of breath.. ! Ok let me gain some composure. So was eyeing some street 934/935 911s when the girl said those are free if I join Exoto Tifosi. Membership-half the cost of the car. After which 10% on every two cars, 15% on three and onwards till 25%. I planned on buying one exoto and something else I had eyed. But now that one was free...well..that kinda changed things. Looked at each credit card, calculated some balances in my head and decided on 2 Exotos and the 'other' car. Then last min my eye caught some hobby store packaged 959s sitting in a corner. These were made by Motorbox(an Exoto company) and was the price of an Autoart. 959s are really hard to come by. Since I had decided on 3, figured why not go the extramile. I came home and since the new ikea shelf was ready, I set up all the cars for display. Just takes my breath away everytime I look at the completed display. Motormouths and Petrolheads.....I present to you..... The Dubai Collection.

(DE i.e. Dealer Edition, HSE i.e. Hobby Store Edition)

1:18 Kyosho BMW 545i (Black)DE/ 1:18 AutoArt Mercedes-Benz 600 Pullman (Black)DE

1:18 Kyosho Audi Q7 4.2FSI (Silver)DE/ 1:18 Nissan Skyline GTR R32(White) HSE/ 1:18 Toyota Sprinter Trueno(White) HSE

1:18 AutoArt BMW 3.0CSL Amon Stuck #11(White) HSE on 1:18 GMP 2-Post Lift with 1:18 GMP Garage Accessories

1:18 Exoto Ford GT40 MkII (Indianapolis Green) HSE/ 1:18 Exoto Porsche 934/935 (Interlagos Fire) HSE/ 1:18 Motorbox Porsche 959 (Metallic Brown) HSE

The Mystery Car
1:18 Minichamps/UT? BMW E36 M3 GTR Art Car(Sandro Chia Artwork) DE
(It came in a huge red box with a ribbon, a superb display base and glass cover, didnt have the heart to unscrew it and see who made it. Most probably UT.. Always wanted the E36 M3 GTR and the BMW Art Cars )

Its been a real treat for me and a privilege to shop at Exoto Tifosi. Hope these pics are a treat for you guys too. I still repeat its thanks to this thread that I became such a hardcore collector. Ive lost count of the total number of cars. Theres 10 here. I think I must have crossed 100 in total. Will get back to India and recount the collection there. Thanks a ton guys. Especially Dippy, Sinner, Khanak and Blackadder. I always look out for your comments
Old 6th December 2007, 09:29   #1565
Senior - BHPian

Whoaa!! The cars looks really nice in that display case. Congratulations Beem3r.
Old 6th December 2007, 11:44   #1566
Senior - BHPian

...Mr BEEm3r i m so jealous....superb stuff

lucky you ...mate
Old 6th December 2007, 11:56   #1567
Senior - BHPian

Very very nice pictures Beemer. The Exotos are in a class of their own. Its really sad that India doesnt have them. I'm been dying to get my hands on an Exoto. I havent found many on Ebay either. The 959 is a beauty. Nice to know you got your hands on the BMW Art Car as well

Keep them coming
Old 6th December 2007, 12:28   #1568
BHPian

Thanks guys..

@Khanak the display cabinet is really great its only some AED250 or Rs.2500. Hilarious right? Every car in that cabinet costs more than the whole cabinet. Im now considering a second cabinet, so It'll be one each on either side of the tv. But no more models for this year. Done ! Think Im having buyers remorse... NOTTT!! Haha. When I come back in Jan will get the second display and start the next bunch of cars. My parents are renovating our house in India and the architect has actually planned two corners for 'car display' !! So by sometime next year Ill have superb images of the Chennai Collection.

@agspins moving to Dubai has given me access to all these wonderful cars and accessories. I used to tear my hair out in India figuring out ways to source things. But on some level there was higher satisfaction in collecting in India. Cause of the pain endured in sourcing them and bringing them home. Having stuff that noone has. Was great. So Im considering taking some of these cars back home few at a time.

@Dippy the Exotos really are something else. Note the Hood Clips on the GT40. Theyre actually true to size and once you pop them out to open the hood to put it back on takes like 15 mins, cause putting the clip into the tiny hole is like threading a needle. The 934/935 came with a screw driver to remove the wheels, didnt try it yet. The 959 is stunning with the body coloured rims, and all three cars are funky coloured. Never had those colors before. The BMW Art cars are breaking my tradition of collecting my dream garage in 1:18 but its just like a museum piece and I display it on top of the cabinet on its own. I want the 5 series and M1 Art Cars as well. The shop had the 5, Z1 and an E30 M3. Ill get the 5 next. Consider visiting Dubai sometime, Ill take you to all these stores.

P.S. Sorry for the phone cam images, havnt had time to use the DSLR.

Last edited by BEEM3R : 6th December 2007 at 12:34.
Old 6th December 2007, 12:37   #1569
Senior - BHPian

Amazing stuff Beemer. I have lived in Dubai for many years but I was very young then. I really do want to plan a trip there. Its been a long time. If I do come I know who to call
Old 6th December 2007, 21:07   #1570
BHPian

I need therapy!

Ok this is getting out of hand now. So I had a lunch meeting at Bur Juman which is a popular mall here in Dubai and on my way out I happened to pass the Virgin Megastore. And guess what they happened to have? Kyosho and Autoart model cars ..go figure. First I picked two, then better sense prevailed as these were AED 50 more exp than my model store and decided on one. I know i said those were the last but this ones the absolute last, actually second last... er.. I spoke to the model store kid and he just sourced me the hardest to find new release these past two years. Ill get that Sunday. Heres for now.

1:18 Kyosho Audi A8 W12 (Black) HSE

(Also I think Ive found the perfect place to click my models on the white entertainment center. Looks quite good )
Old 6th December 2007, 22:46   #1571
Senior - BHPian

Whooaa!! Id say you definatly are addicted, though addictions like this arent always bad. How about a shot of your entire display case with your models. Im sure that would be a killer shot.
Old 7th December 2007, 00:17   #1572

amazing pics beemey...cars look super cool....
Old 7th December 2007, 11:49   #1573
Senior - BHPian

Yesterday went for window shopping...but ended up with bag full of models...

The Mustang Family.....

Some more muscle....

H1,H2 SUT,Rubicon

VW Duo ShowHauler

Also found some new truck and coach models from some manufacturer
Most of em were MAN Trucks....ok quality but were more like toys....
Old 7th December 2007, 13:01   #1574

those are 1:24 arent they??

nice..like the mustang boss (302 is it) and the new shape mustang...
charger/challenger looks amazing too...
Old 7th December 2007, 14:06   #1575
Senior - BHPian

yep they are 1:24 except for humvees n jeep (1:27)..
right dats a 302..

Most Viewed