Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th April 2007, 18:54   #811
BHPian

Planet rocker, if you could stretch your budget, you could probably get the Autoart Evo cars. I got mine, a 1:18 rally version by Autoart when I subscribed for Overdrive magazine. The model is an absolute gem (sadly same cant be said about the mag).
Old 9th April 2007, 15:04   #812

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy View Post
You seem to love Ford GTs you have two in your collection. Are all those 1:18s?

P.S Thanks for the collection appreciation
Yes I do love Ford Gt infact I was searchin for Black with white stripes and magnesium with silver stipes I am goin to collect all mustangs and shelbys , jst waitin for huge funds and all of my collection are 1:18 Ford's Are from AUTOART
Old 9th April 2007, 16:55   #813
Senior - BHPian

@ blackadder - yes i have checked modelart's website. they have the 1:18 ones...cost a bit high...i guess 28##/- something...so is the skyline...but the 350Z 1:18 costs less...thanks dude...but strangely
Old 10th April 2007, 02:44   #814
BHPian

Hey Guys,

Heres what I got when i went to Dubai. This was the model that got damaged. The rear right tail lamp came apart. But I found the pieces and superglued them back perfectly. You can't make out. The spoiler broke, I stuck that back on, but I think theres a slight angle at which its stuck. Unfortunately it had the nicest antenna on the roof ... lovely chrome one .. I lost that. I was devastated for the longest time. Anyway time to move on I guess.

Kyosho Lamborghini Jota SVR (Purple)

The Fuel Cap

The Rear

The Engine bay

The Hood

Bertone

Interiors

Wheels

Stablemates

@BlackAdder: I read the article on the Alfa 1750. Looks lovely in Mumbai. If that were ever for sale.... sigh... anyway regarding Solido models, they're i guess comparable or even maybe a bit better than Maisto in some things.. like 4 doors open etc. But Im not a fan of the lights. Ill post my new Solido model soon.
Old 11th April 2007, 15:51   #815
BHPian

wow a double wow....
definately worth it...
loved the pink..........
and the wire mesh alloys.....
Old 11th April 2007, 15:57   #816
Senior - BHPian

Nice Jota Beemer and I see you have two want to donate one?

Pictures very nicely taken.
Old 11th April 2007, 22:06   #817
BHPian

Nice cars Beemer. I think you can make the antenna out of a needle, just got to cut off the pointed bit. Do not use superglue to stick it to the car, in case you plan to do so. The superglue will ruin the paint. You could use a minute amount of fevicol to keep the antenna in place.
Old 11th April 2007, 23:20   #818
BHPian

That Lamborghini is just beautiful! Pictures are taken brilliantly... Absolute brilliant photography!
Old 12th April 2007, 08:49   #819
BHPian

@Beeman: Im really glad you enjoyed the Jota. I love the colour too. I've never seen it anywhere else. Most other Jotas are red.

@Dippy: Haha I only have one Jota, the other is my beloved AA Miura. Glad you enjoyed the pictures. I finally figured how to resize them and load them directly instead of thumbnails.

@Blackadder: You had to see the original antenna to believe it. Google the Kyosho Jota SVR. Theres noway we can replace it to look right. Guess I'm going to just leave it as is. I agree about superglue.

@Torqueunlimited: Thanks a lot for the complimenting the pictures. Its got mostly to do with the camera and a bit of photoshop for contrast. I'm still quite an amature.

Thanks a lot guys. I'll click that new Solido one of these days and post it.
Old 12th April 2007, 09:53   #820
BHPian

You were right about the antenna Beemer. That would be impossible to do it here. Maybe you could email Kyosho and ask them for the antenna.
As an afterthought, did you check the box or the bottomplate to see if the antenna was given separately. I guess with such a delicate piece, Kyosho would have done that. Even Maisto gives the antennas separately.
Old 12th April 2007, 11:02   #821
BHPian

Hey Beem3r How is solido as a brand anyways??
I just got a Welly mercedes SL 500 , with welly i think they do the lights pretty well, also even though they are in the same category as maisto...
Old 12th April 2007, 11:08   #822
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by planet_rocker View Post
where did you get the evo from? maisto? i searched for it like h*ll but couldnt find it. i am getting in touch with "Creative Education" so that can send (i know that they dont retail) few pieces to kolkata. but problem is "koi dekh lega to le lega..." . they have just one distributor here in Kol.
@Planet_Rocker : The EVO is actually a cheap piece... and cost me just 150/- bucks, which explains the lack of detailing. However, with lack of dough to invest(??) in these, i kinda find solace in these lookalikes.
Old 12th April 2007, 14:47   #823
BHPian

@Blackadder: I checked the box, baseplate thoroughly (found the three tiny pieces of the tail lamp as well as the spoiler) but couldnt get find the antenna. I remember seeing the Antenna clearly when I bought the model. But like I said since it was a display piece the shop had misplaced the screws and only one was holding it in place. So they put it in the box and brought it to me and the car was in place in the box, I just assumed all the screws were in place holding it to the baseplate. I didnt think much on it and packed the car in my suitcase. However with the bag getting thrown everywhere by the luggage handlers Im sure the last screw gave way and the car was thrown all over the place. Logic says it should be in the suitcase someplace, but just couldnt not find it anywhere. Whats a mystery is that I could find the tail light pieces which were tiny and transparent. But not the Antenna. Im going to email Kyosho. I have read about people getting Mercedez hood symbols being mailed to them and so on, maybe I'll get lucky. I'll keep you posted.

@Beeman: I have two Solidos, I'll post pics soon. The quality is nothing to write home about. Its just like a Maisto. Nothing in the detail makes you want to stare at it and pour time into it like you do with AutoArts or Kyoshos. Only reason I would buy it is because the model is not available in any other brand. Which was the case with the new one I got. Oh and Beeman post pics of the SL500 is it the R129? Would love to see pics.

P.S. If anyone is interested in selling any of their models to make room for others or any other reasons do let the rest of us know. Im sure this could be a healthy way for us to trade cars. I for one would be very interested in buying 1:18s cause im so sick of the Hotwheels models for sale at every store. So anyone with older scale models let me know.

Last edited by BEEM3R : 12th April 2007 at 14:53.
Old 12th April 2007, 15:38   #824
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEEM3R View Post
@@Beeman: I have two Solidos, I'll post pics soon. The quality is nothing to write home about. Its just like a Maisto. Nothing in the detail makes you want to stare at it and pour time into it like you do with AutoArts or Kyoshos. Only reason I would buy it is because the model is not available in any other brand. Which was the case with the new one I got. Oh and Beeman post pics of the SL500 is it the R129? Would love to see pics.

P.S. If anyone is interested in selling any of their models to make room for others or any other reasons do let the rest of us know. Im sure this could be a healthy way for us to trade cars. I for one would be very interested in buying 1:18s cause im so sick of the Hotwheels models for sale at every store. So anyone with older scale models let me know.
No its not the R129 its the convertible R230 (or so i think) its got the eliptical lights and not the 129's rectangular head lamps. Will post pics when i can.

Very good idea, it'll be excellent to trade/sell/buy die cast cars.....here!! There's this jeep concept im willing to unload as im thinking of only collecting sedans now. Anyone wanna exchange?!

Last edited by Beeman : 12th April 2007 at 15:39.
Old 13th April 2007, 20:22   #825
BHPian

I would have loved to offload that Jeep... except my collection for me is a 1:18 dream garage, so I only collect cars that I would actually buy had I all the money in the world. So I stay off Race cars and Concepts.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks