Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 13th April 2007, 23:55   #826
BHPian

Any group shots of your models Beemer? I collect only race cars. So if any one of you has a race he would like to get rid off, you know whom to contact.
Old 16th April 2007, 19:22   #827
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
@Planet_Rocker : The EVO is actually a cheap piece... and cost me just 150/- bucks, which explains the lack of detailing. However, with lack of dough to invest(??) in these, i kinda find solace in these lookalikes.
I got it at Rs.85/- hahaha......

Last edited by salilpawar1 : 16th April 2007 at 19:29.
Old 17th April 2007, 00:12   #828
BHPian

Hey Guys.. Sorry for taking so much time to post. Heres that Solido I've been promising you guys.

Solido Land Rover Discovery Series II Facelift (Green)

Climber

Top of the Hill

On Three

View from the Top

Hide-and-Seek

Hill Descent Control

Diff Lock

Dirty Feet

Land Rovers are the real deal. The main reason I got this Solido. Always wanted to own a real Discovery Series II. Guess this is the closest I'll get. I want to add Defenders and Range Rovers to my collection. Those would make for fabulous pics.
Old 17th April 2007, 01:01   #829
BHPian

Land Rover Discovery Series II Facelift (Green) [Post II]

Beige Interiors Front

Rear

Hot Stepper

End of the Road

After a long Day

Pop that Hood

7-Seater

Disclaimer: No Discovery's were harmed in the taking of these photographs.

Guys that was such a fun Photo Shoot. My garden is getting redone and the terrain options were fantastic. At one point however the handbrake wasn't up and the car went down hill and rolled twice landing on her side with the tires hitting the stone wall. Besides some dirt she was as good as new. My heart skipped a beat though.The Disco got a good wash in the bath tub to rid her of all that mud. Quite a lot of muck was stuck in the underbody and tires. Filled the tub upto the wheel arch of the Disco and then drove my heart out kiddy style splashing water everywhere. But it turned out to be the best way to clean her. Guess we'll always be kids at heart. Hope you guys enjoyed the pics as much as I had preparing and clicking them and of course cleaning my Disco.
Old 17th April 2007, 03:18   #830
BHPian

Hey BEEM3R, All the pics are AMAZING. I luv that "climber" pic very very much.. you've got a nice collection of these models. Keep it coming, it's a real feast to my eyes. Great job bro!! Keep it up.
Old 17th April 2007, 08:05   #831
BHPian

Thank you so much for the appreciation Navin. Some of the pics came out better than I expected. Im excited about collecting and have rediscovered photography after this thread. Had neglected my camera for the past 5-6 months cause I was busy with work. But now Im back . There are lots more models which I havnt shared with you guys. I'll find time during the weekends and click pictures.
Old 17th April 2007, 09:52   #832
Senior - BHPian

Amazing pictures Beemer. I had done a similar shoot for my Cayenne but your have come so much better. You had access to more muck

Though Solido detailing maybe not be out of this world they are still great value for the price.
Old 17th April 2007, 10:06   #833
Senior - BHPian

I am looking at a Defenfer that is available for around 40 dollars on Ebay. May get it sometime soon!
Old 17th April 2007, 10:52   #834
BHPian

wow!! thats some natural shots....
some of the pics made the discovery look amazingly real !!
Old 17th April 2007, 11:46   #835

Wow Beemer those are some fabulous pics...look shockingly real especially the first one...looking forward to the next lot..
Old 17th April 2007, 14:46   #836
BHPian

@Dippy: Thanks a lot Dippy. Your collection in this thread is what revived my hobby. I remember enjoying the Cayenne Pics a lot when you first put them up.

@Beeman: Glad you enjoyed the pics

@Rahul14: Havnt got any other new cars, but still have others that I havnt posted. So need to decide whats next. Will try and photograph and post constantly though. Im glad you enjoyed them.
Old 17th April 2007, 14:52   #837
BHPian

hey BEEM3R i just ordered my maybach......
cant wait for it to arrive........but i didn't go in for the long wheel base though..............do you think i did the right thing.
Old 18th April 2007, 00:07   #838
BHPian

Fantastic looking pics of the Disco. I loved every one of the them. Looks like Solido has come a long way from the rubbish models they used to make 8-9 years ago. Way to go Solido. I hope Maisto ups their game and brings out many such models as compared to the bling bling stuff that they are churning out lately. There is probably hope in the BMW M5 that they will be putting out soon or so I read on their website.

Beeman, the Autoart Maybach 62 really misses the aircraft type seat that the real car is famous for. I dont know why Autoart made such a stupid shortcut on this most important feature of the car. That is why I dont have the 62. I really dont think you are missing anything on the 57 as compared to the 62.
Old 18th April 2007, 12:52   #839
BHPian

@Beeman: I really hope you ordered the 57s. The Standard Maybachs looks pretty dull. If its the standard one I would have suggested the 62 just cause its top of the range and the duel sun-roofs etc. But nevertheless even the 57 will look huge on your shelf. Where did you order from. Do they ship it to you? I wish ModelArt would ship models. I would have been a regular. If AA launches the 62s it will be killer.

@BlackAdder: The Maisto M5, I doubt will come with 4 opening doors. It might be a good scale model to Mod.

I've been toying with the idea of switching some wheels around on my Maistos. Want to add new beetle rims to an old beetle. Its pretty simple. Does anyone here mod any of there scale models. I'll post pics of my first ever modded scale model. Soon hopefully.
Old 18th April 2007, 15:49   #840
Team-BHP Support

@BEEMER : Amazing snaps of the Discovery there. Keep them coming.

Most Viewed