Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 22nd February 2007, 08:46   #721
JPL
BHPian

As soon as I logged on to ebay US, I see max GTO's everywhere and also ships world wide ;-)
Old 22nd February 2007, 09:17   #722
BHPian

hey guys

i would agree with they boys it is expensive when it comes to getting a 1:18 model...with a few costing more than 3500/-.

bikes are still affordable.

Blackadder dude..have u ever bought anything from ebay..i mean i would still be happy getting me stuff from modelart or some other place if its good quality ..infact the some of the same stuff 's available at other places..atleast i dont have to worry bout how its gonna look like when it gets to me.
Old 22nd February 2007, 13:08   #723
BHPian

Hey BlackAdder. I have the same question. Have you bought anything from Ebay America and got your models shipped here? Cause it would really save me trouble. I keep shipping them to friends in the US. I don't care when they reach me as long as I know I have the model before it goes out of production. I live in Chennai and there is no ModelArt here. So for me to get AA or Kyosho I need to go to Bangalore or when I go on trips abroad. I just want anything I buy on Ebay to reach here safely. Even if it takes a few months doesn't matter to me.

On another note, guys will be posting car 9/9 from my last trip. Havn't found time. Also got 3 more new AAs, two when I went to Bangalore for something and 1 when a friend came down from Singapore. Maybe Saturday I'll click some pics and upload them.
Old 22nd February 2007, 13:38   #724
Senior - BHPian

Beemer

I do the same thing you do. My cousin brother buys cars for me on Ebay America and gets them shipped to his house. he then sends them along with someone who is coming to Mumbai. Thats the safest bet according to me and you save on shipping costs too
Old 22nd February 2007, 16:58   #725
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPL View Post
Hi Again,

Thanks for all the Tips from Khanak also, Any of you guys have any Hot Rods die cast? And also do you guys really buy from ebay US !! I would rather start with something that I can get here..

Lemme see what I can get my hands on !!
hey

yea, you do get hot rods though they arent exactly hot rods but close to what your looking for. Hot Wheels has a series caleld "Whips" which has cars including the El Camino and Impala with custom paint jobs and rims. They also have Enzos and 360 Modenas in this series. Maisto has a series called "Playerz" with HUGE wheels, custom paint jobs and crazy ICE installation. Of the two I would go in for the Hot Wheels series as the wheel sizes are more realistic as I have found the Playerz series to have impossibly huge rims which may look good but isnt accurate at all.

Cheers
Adhish
Old 22nd February 2007, 17:51   #726
JPL
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanak View Post
hey

yea, you do get hot rods though they arent exactly hot rods but close to what your looking for. Hot Wheels has a series caleld "Whips" which has cars including the El Camino and Impala with custom paint jobs and rims. They also have Enzos and 360 Modenas in this series. Maisto has a series called "Playerz" with HUGE wheels, custom paint jobs and crazy ICE installation. Of the two I would go in for the Hot Wheels series as the wheel sizes are more realistic as I have found the Playerz series to have impossibly huge rims which may look good but isnt accurate at all.

Cheers
Adhish
Hi Adhish,

Are these Whips series available in India? can you also tell me about the approx cost and the quality of the cars in general.

And also the same for maisto collection also, price and avialability in India.

Thanks,
Old 22nd February 2007, 18:32   #727
BHPian

I have only brought one diecast from Ebay India and I went personally to the seller's place to collect it. I cannot shop on Ebay worldwide cause I have no credit car. ) (Thats a good thing in its own way or I would have been bankrupt by now I guess.) I have had a friend from Australia send me a diecast car by post as a gift. It reached me intact because he had packed it well in foam peanuts. So it all depends on how your diecast is packed too. I have heard of packing horror stories and one goes on by saying that the seller wrapped his BMW M3 in an old t-shirt. Imagine the sweat and germs on it. There are all kind of people who make up this world and sooner rather than later you tend to find them on Ebay.
Old 23rd February 2007, 18:36   #728
BHPian

My friend has bought the McLaren F1s(road going and F1 car) from EBAY USA and it got shiooed to him absolutely fine.

I guess shipping of the item actually depends upon the seller isin't it?
Old 23rd February 2007, 22:48   #729
JPL
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo_v12 View Post
My friend has bought the McLaren F1s(road going and F1 car) from EBAY USA and it got shiooed to him absolutely fine.

I guess shipping of the item actually depends upon the seller isin't it?

I guess you are right. But still we cannot still generalise, we need more info from anyone among has who has been dealing on a frequent basis from a trusted website or dealer. However I guess its better if we come to know about any privare dealer or shops that sell these, I mean personally I am not very comfortable with making a payment first using my credit card and then anticipating for the die-cast to arrive !
Old 23rd February 2007, 22:50   #730
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPL View Post
I guess you are right. But still we cannot still generalise, we need more info from anyone among has who has been dealing on a frequent basis from a trusted website or dealer. However I guess its better if we come to know about any privare dealer or shops that sell these, I mean personally I am not very comfortable with making a payment first using my credit card and then anticipating for the die-cast to arrive !
If the model you want is available in India at similar prices I dont see why you should go throught the hassle of ordering it on Ebay which IMO should only be used for rare models.
Old 23rd February 2007, 23:07   #731
JPL
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanak View Post
If the model you want is available in India at similar prices I dont see why you should go throught the hassle of ordering it on Ebay which IMO should only be used for rare models.
That makes sense !! I recently found a old GI JOE tank called the MOBAT ( Mobile Armoured Tank, I guess) brought back some old memories. I had put some radium tapes on it also, had all the time in the world then.. alas
Old 25th February 2007, 23:44   #732
BHPian

Holden HSV 300 GTS by Autoart.

Old 26th February 2007, 11:18   #733
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy View Post
Beemer

I do the same thing you do. My cousin brother buys cars for me on Ebay America and gets them shipped to his house. he then sends them along with someone who is coming to Mumbai. Thats the safest bet according to me and you save on shipping costs too
That is the best way. Also you do tend to get amazing deals from abroad. Here its always mrp, there people/retailers want to get rid of their old stocks and have deals so sometimes you can get a fantastic deal!!!
Old 27th February 2007, 23:14   #734
BHPian

Blackadder : The Holden HSV 300 GTS looks simply superb. The finish is excellent. Where did you get this from??
Old 28th February 2007, 01:03   #735
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeman View Post
That is the best way. Also you do tend to get amazing deals from abroad. Here its always mrp, there people/retailers want to get rid of their old stocks and have deals so sometimes you can get a fantastic deal!!!
Ha ha tell me about it I got 1:24 Hummer H1 and Ford Gt Kit both for just $7 each. and 1:18 ford focus and 1:18 Nissan 350 Z for just $16 each.

Most Viewed