Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th March 2007, 22:03   #781
BHPian

Very nice collection there Sinner and Beem3r.
Old 27th March 2007, 22:12   #782
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackadder View Post
Beemer, why I asked the price of the G500 is because the AA Range Rover and Pajero both retail for Rs 1975. So its surprising to me to see the G500 at 3.5K. All 3 basically have the same amount of detail.
Sorry about that BlackAdder, didnt understand what you meant the first time. Hope I didnt offend you.

Basically all AutoArt's start out costing the same. Then its just demand and supply I guess. Both the Range Rover and Pajeros are older models of the AutoArt and slow movers. So their prices have dropped. Same with an Impreza WRX that I have ...it was about 40$ when all other AutoArt's were retailing for US$65-70. But if you guys are looking to buy AutoArts and Kyoshos, nows a good time cause they're going to hike their prices to about US$80-85.

Of my 79 cars only only about 16-17 are AutoArt/Kyosho/Minichamps. I started out collecting Bburagos and Maistos and HotWheels before graduating to the high end ones. But somehow now I just cant get myself to buy Maisto and so on unless that particular model is only made by Maisto. It just doesnt give you the same level of satisfaction. So now even if I have to save up for a while or wait, I think its worth it. I read up now on scale models as much as I read on 1:1 cars now. So if any of you need any information on any scale model, if a particular car is made as a scale model, or which ones are rare/hard to find/sought after lastly even if you just want to know the quality of one before you go out and buy it, I'll help to the best of my ability.

I'll post another one of my cars tonight.

@SRK 1:18s range anywhere from Rs1,200-Rs10,000+. Every now and then you can find some nice Maistos for even Rs 800. If you're just beginning right now Maisto would be a good start. Hotwheels only for Ferraris just for lack of choice. By the way love your designs.

@Navin thanks so much for checking out my collection. Hope all your mods on your beloved OHC are coming out as you had hoped.

Last edited by BEEM3R : 27th March 2007 at 22:17.
Old 27th March 2007, 22:20   #783
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRK View Post
WOW!!!
Everyone is living their dreams in small scale heheh!!!
After seeing this even I am interested in buying these 1:18 scale models..

I think I need to start collecting some money,,

By the way how much does one model cost..
I had seen a Maybach's models for somewhere around Rs.4000..
are all cars that expensive?
The maybach was most probably an AutoArt and thats why it costed that much..Maistos & Hotwheels are around 1500
Old 27th March 2007, 23:58   #784

Hey beemer, love the last few AA pics and cant wait for the rest!
About the hike in prices of AAs-when are they expected to increase prices? Is it across the entire range?
Old 28th March 2007, 00:38   #785
BHPian

Hi Guys,

Posting another one of my new cars. This was actually sourced from Singapore via a friend visiting. Enjoy.

AutoArt Audi Sport Quattro SWB (White)

Hoods Up

Engine Detail

Interiors (Note carpetting and Audi Rings embossed steering wheel)

Boot with full size spare wheel.

Audi Sport Quattro

Ive been craving this model for a long time. Its just fabulous in white. Theres a long wheel base one too that I'm trying to source.

@Rahul14: I'm glad you enjoyed the pics, Ive been putting more of an effort and shooting them outdoors. The AutoArt and Kyosho Price increase is effective this summer across the range. :( Sucks I know.
Old 28th March 2007, 10:53   #786
BHPian

Hey guys...A suggestion to all....Instead of taking pics only in a lawn or something also try taking it in the terrace..You can get a blurred background effect and also the car will be right on focus.My favorite time to take pics is in the morning when the sun starts to peep out. You can get a bright lighting effect and can also try some shots with the mild sunlight at the background...Just like these pics

You can also try some light effects with a table lamp with some white or black paper as the base...
Old 28th March 2007, 10:56   #787
Senior - BHPian

Nice tips navin_bhp

and Beemer the Quattro is fabulous. It is by far my all time favourite Audi. The detailing on these is mindblowing. I had no idea that AA was hiking prices.

Now if only they get the Ferrari license
Old 28th March 2007, 12:29   #788
BHPian

Hey Dippy. The Quattro is awesome. Have you see this long wheel base one?

The four ring graphic on the side just drives me nuts. Im trying really hard to get this one as well.

I'll post the exact price hike AutoArt and Kyosho have planned. Read it somewhere, will put it up soon.

Dippy have you checked out the Kyosho Ferraris? and the BBRs? The BBR's look fantastic, but its going to take me some time to convince myself to spend on the BBR, CMC, Exoto level. I was in Dubai last week and at the new Ibn Battuta mall they had an Exoto Tifosi Store. The Cheapest Exoto there was 700Dhms or Rs8400, while most others were like 1200Dhms ~Rs14500. Incredible detailing, limited editions. But just so expensive. Fortunately they were mostly racing cars, and as I prefer road cars I wasn't too disappointed.
Old 28th March 2007, 12:39   #789
Senior - BHPian

I have the Ferrari 308 GTB from Kyosho. BBRs are awesome too and Exoto well the same says it all. I cant get myself to buy one those yet but someday my friend.

Till then the Maistos and AAs should suffice
Old 28th March 2007, 22:51   #790
BHPian

8400 bucks for an Exoto!!! Wow! No wonder the owner of Exoto is said to drive around in a Ferrari 360.
Old 29th March 2007, 13:06   #791
BHPian

Here's my Jeep Rubicon

will post some Nissan 350Z pics later..
Old 29th March 2007, 13:16   #792
Team-BHP Support

@Navin : Nice... the Rubicon, i mean... just like mine. I really love that. The alloys in itself have me drooling over them.
Old 29th March 2007, 16:21   #793
Senior - BHPian

my 2006 Ford Mustang GT:

Old 29th March 2007, 20:31   #794
BHPian

Is it possible to create a list of atleast 5 to 10 model cars that we most want. I guess we could help one another get them if its locally available around them.
Old 1st April 2007, 12:30   #795
BHPian

2nd AA from ModelArt

Hi Guys,

Heres the 2nd AutoArt I bought from ModelArt in Bangalore.

Alfa Romeo 1750 (Red)

In our Driveway

Alfa Engine

With her boot open

Wood Interiors

Front Close-up

Parting Shot

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks