Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th April 2011, 16:19   #10216
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The Scale Model Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmarPaithankar View Post
This the latest addition to my collection, a BMW M3 convertible by Kyosho.....
Thats awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
Here is the Diecast collection of my son:Vijay.He has been guarding all the cars since 6months of age and today he is 4 1/2 yrs old.His favourites are Aston Martin,Range Rover,Mercedes Benz and BMW..
We could not put togather the motorbikes and aircraft collection as we ran out of space.
Wow!!! Thats really a huge collection. So, future T-BHPian is here?
Congrats

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveloholic View Post
BMW HP2 Megamoto 1:12 Scale, NewRay
Could not resist myself asking for a ride
Old 18th April 2011, 16:50   #10217
BHPian

New addition 1955 oldsmobile super88
Attached Thumbnails
The Scale Model Thread-o.jpg  

Old 19th April 2011, 20:55   #10218
Senior - BHPian

My build of 1:24 Revell chevy pickup truck is almost done, what remains is the electrical soldering (it will sport head and brake lights) . And then the paint. how ever guys I am in a fix, need your views on what color scheme to go for.

1.) two tone - fenders, running board black and rest in different color.

2.) single color.

3.) single color with black stripes on top.

I am sold onto Mahogony and Black.

Gyus please suggest.

Just put 1:24 Revell chevy pickup in google images and you will get a lot of builds.
Old 20th April 2011, 00:46   #10219
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishalive View Post
My build of 1:24 Revell chevy pickup truck is almost done, what remains is the electrical soldering (it will sport head and brake lights) . And then the paint. how ever guys I am in a fix, need your views on what color scheme to go for.
what is the model? oldies will suit a dual tone color whereas newer ones must have single color.
Old 20th April 2011, 07:19   #10220
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit V8 View Post
what is the model? oldies will suit a dual tone color whereas newer ones must have single color.
my bad i didn't put the model year as 1941. I saw some single tone builds looking cool on google.
Old 20th April 2011, 09:53   #10221
BHPian

@ Manish

I have an assembly kit for a Revell 1:24 Trabant 601s which I would be building soon. What is the correct order of tasks that I should follow?

Should I assemble the complete model first and then paint?

or

Should I paint smaller parts and assemblies and then put together the final assembly?

What would you suggest as this model has a detailed engine and interiors.

Quote:

2.) single color.

Gyus please suggest.

Just put 1:24 Revell chevy pickup in google images and you will get a lot of builds.
Old 20th April 2011, 10:37   #10222
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gautomobile View Post
@ Manish

I have an assembly kit for a Revell 1:24 Trabant 601s which I would be building soon. What is the correct order of tasks that I should follow?

Should I assemble the complete model first and then paint?

or

Should I paint smaller parts and assemblies and then put together the final assembly?

What would you suggest as this model has a detailed engine and interiors.
First of all Nice to chat to you, I love the work you do. Logically we should paint first and then assemble. But many times the glue can spoil the look of a small part and also many assemblies will have the same color so it is better to glue them togather first.

Plan the color scheme in advance, decide which can be glued first and which to be painted first. Before gluing check the proper fit. Some time the models do have an issue. Body is to be painted first and then glued. I normally glue the engine and then go for painting it. I use combination of spray paint and fabric paint (depending upon the accessibility of that part).

Appropriate tools like tweezers of different type and a good masking tape is required.

Please do suggest on the paint scheme for my truck.
Old 20th April 2011, 11:03   #10223
BHPian

Hey Manish,

I want to send you a PM but don't know how to, hence replying to this post. This is regarding your query about availability of Fiat spares, I asked my friend about the same. He procures almost all spare parts from Mumbai's chor / juna bazaar, a place frequented by many BHPians. There is no specific shop as such but there are shops dealing ONLY in Fiat spares. My friend Sandeep informed me that, on his lasr visit he got some packed Magneti Marelli electricals also.

Sorry for the delay in responding as I was tied up in some domestic work. Only on Sunday, I could access TeamBHP where I posted imabes of my 1:18 scale BMW cars.
Old 20th April 2011, 12:18   #10224
Distinguished - BHPian

Picked up a Motormax 1:18 scale 1961 Chevrolet Mako Shark yesterday from the Reliance Autozone in HSR layout. Ive been into 1:24s all this while but the car has been a long time favourite of mine & it was a steal at the price of Rs 999. There are some more Motormax models there in the 1:18 scale. Will start posting pics of my collection soon.
Old 20th April 2011, 12:22   #10225
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

hi
do they have any 1:43's? Not seen one there which is why I ask.
thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
Picked up a Motormax 1:18 scale 1961 Chevrolet Mako Shark yesterday from the Reliance Autozone in HSR layout. Ive been into 1:24s all this while but the car has been a long time favourite of mine & it was a steal at the price of Rs 999. There are some more Motormax models there in the 1:18 scale. Will start posting pics of my collection soon.
Old 20th April 2011, 12:50   #10226
BHPian

Thanks a lot Manish,

Your inputs would be really helpful while building. And sure I will love to suggest some colour for your Chevy Pickup.

Quote:
First of all Nice to chat to you, I love the work you do. Logically we should paint first and then assemble. But many times the glue can spoil the look of a small part and also many assemblies will have the same color so it is better to glue them togather first.

Plan the color scheme in advance, decide which can be glued first and which to be painted first. Before gluing check the proper fit. Some time the models do have an issue. Body is to be painted first and then glued. I normally glue the engine and then go for painting it. I use combination of spray paint and fabric paint (depending upon the accessibility of that part).

Appropriate tools like tweezers of different type and a good masking tape is required.

Please do suggest on the paint scheme for my truck.
A two tone would look really good. A deep retro red or dark green for the main body along with back fenders would look really good.

Gautam

Quote:

2.) single color.

Gyus please suggest.

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team: Please use the "edit" button if posting within 30 minutes of the first post, instead of creating another back-to-back post.

Also use "Multi Quote" option for quoting Multiple posts.

Last edited by benbsb29 : 20th April 2011 at 13:43. Reason: Merging back-to-back posts
Old 20th April 2011, 13:04   #10227
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
hi
thanks
Mr. Shankar,Automania will shortly be getting a lot of 1:43 scale Schuco models in addition to some Corgi models (I do not know the corgi scales though) as well. Presently they have a variety of Starline models (including some Fiats) in 1:43 scale.
Did you replace / repair your Mustang?
Old 20th April 2011, 14:09   #10228
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
hi
thanks
They have some more 1:18 scale and a few remote control 1:24s. Didnt spot any 1:43s there.
Old 20th April 2011, 14:13   #10229
BHPian

Not sure if only manufactured scale models are allowed here.
MODS: Please move to the appropriate section if required.

These are pics of my Yamaha R1 made out of standard A4 paper.

Spent 3-4 hours everyday after coming back fromoffice and finished it in 2 painstaking months. Was well worth the effort.

It consists on 170 individual parts, assemble to make sub-assemblies and then brought together into one final piece.

Made it back in 2006.

Dimensions:
14" (L) x 4.5" (W) x 6" (H).

The Scale Model Thread-100_1233.jpg

The Scale Model Thread-100_1241.jpg

The Scale Model Thread-100_1244.jpg
Old 20th April 2011, 14:25   #10230
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gautomobile View Post
A two tone would look really good. A deep retro red or dark green for the main body along with back fenders would look really good.

Gautam
How about this, The red is too common. I am also thinking on matt finish. The first one coffey brown and black combo will give a more sedate looks.

The Scale Model Thread-img_6436.jpg

The Scale Model Thread-41chevyleftside1.jpg

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks