Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd March 2011, 19:09   #9946

Re: The Scale Model Thread

@AmarPaithankar:That 1:18 1956 Aston Martin DB5 by AutoArt is a stunning piece and one of the most beautiful classics to have in your collection.I have one in the same colour and I love it to bits,By the way,welcome to the forum!

@Dippy:I wish I had friends like your's.
The 1:12 Ferrari F40 is priced at around Rs21,000 at Automania.I know about the 1:12 scale-models at Gift Centre.But I'll have to let them go,this time.I'm expecting two 1:12 Kyoshos from Automania already-A Ferrari F40 and a Ferrari Enzo(Test Car).
However,the Corgis are news to me.Are the London buses in 1:24 scale?How much do they cost?
I've got the yellow 1:18 Hummer H2 by Maisto,as well.And I totally get why you picked it up.It's one of those models that you know will have flaws but you simply cannot resist.
Oh!And I also have the tiny Hummer H2 set from Hamleys.They're very beautiful and irresistible little things,those sets.I had no intention of buying them,at all.And then I came home with all the four different kinds Hamleys' Mumbai store had in stock!
Old 2nd March 2011, 19:24   #9947
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPMPKDMFF View Post
Very neat piece.

The Hamley HUMMER sets look nice, I think they are 1:72 and from MotorMax, i'm sure you meant small when you wrote ''dinky" (as in not Dinky Toys)... but they do not have the whole HUMMER lineup, only H2s... i've also seen a set of Land Rover Defenders in a similar set... Hamleys rebrands Motormax models under their colors and sells them at double price

Cyrus43 is the main customizer.
Yep those are exactly the ones I was mentioning. I havent seen Defenders though here at the Mumbai store. If I did , I would have surely picked up the set.

I also saw sets of 1:43s ( Sets of 12 to 16 cars)

On another note I noticed that the quality of Bburagos are really cheap. They are having a serious obsession with chrome. Those chrome wheels on all the models sucks. I have a Bburago Countach Made in Italy one which has normal silver finish. I saw a Countach from the current Bburago lineup , same design wheels but shiney chrome. I hated it.

Last edited by Dippy : 2nd March 2011 at 19:27.
Old 2nd March 2011, 19:48   #9948

Well, talking about the Countach, The ultimate version is the 1:18 Kyosho 500R in black, Red or blue. I personally prefer the black with Black wheels and the pinstripe. Looks INSANE! And then there is the Brilliant Red with silver and Blue with Gold 'special' !! AHH Irresistible!
Old 2nd March 2011, 20:35   #9949

I am familiar with Cyrus43's work from Scale Model Carz and Diecastxchange. His Mercedes is fantastic. Have you seen his 458 replica of Gautam Singhania's car?

Posting a picture, I hope he wont mind.
@mods, the source is scalemodelcarz.
Attached Thumbnails
The Scale Model Thread-100_6942.jpg  

Old 4th March 2011, 22:08   #9950
Senior - BHPian

Have anybody ordered online and received models from DreamCarModels.com? Were the models in perfect condition when it reached you?

I wanted to order a couple of cars but my friend says that his model was once damaged in transit. Please suggest if you have experience.
Old 5th March 2011, 00:37   #9951
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvi86 View Post
Have anybody ordered online and received models from DreamCarModels.com? Were the models in perfect condition when it reached you?

I wanted to order a couple of cars but my friend says that his model was once damaged in transit. Please suggest if you have experience.
I suggest him! Damage in transit can happen with anybody from any source or merchant.He have the best from Maisto and plus great price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy View Post
@diecast: Superb pics. Love the 458

@RPMKDMFF: Thanks. Will put better pictures taken from my brother's DSLR. The H2 is a Maisto. I actually picked it up because it was yellow

@khanak: Well clicked. The G55 has been on my wish list since a while now.
Thanks Dippy . 458 makes everybody love

Last edited by Dippy : 5th March 2011 at 10:16. Reason: back to back posts. Please use the multi quote option instead of creating back to back posts. Thanks
Old 5th March 2011, 03:58   #9952
BHPian

BMW M5 - my first safety car
Name:  DSCF5840.jpg
Views: 1444
Size:  118.9 KB

The Scale Model Thread-dscf5831.jpg

The Scale Model Thread-dscf5848.jpg

The Scale Model Thread-dscf5845.jpg

The Scale Model Thread-dscf5844.jpg
Old 5th March 2011, 06:58   #9953
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diecast View Post
I suggest him! Damage in transit can happen with anybody from any source or merchant.He have the best from Maisto and plus great price.
Thanks diecast. Will proceed with him.
Old 5th March 2011, 17:12   #9954
BHPian

My first NASCAR; wanted this since ages.

1:18 2002 Dale Earnhardt Jr. #8 Monte Carlo -- Action Racing Collectables
Attached Thumbnails
The Scale Model Thread-image089.jpg  

The Scale Model Thread-image091.jpg  

The Scale Model Thread-image092.jpg  

The Scale Model Thread-image093.jpg  

The Scale Model Thread-image095.jpg  

The Scale Model Thread-image094.jpg  

The Scale Model Thread-image096.jpg  

The Scale Model Thread-image099.jpg  

The Scale Model Thread-image100.jpg  

The Scale Model Thread-image102.jpg  

Old 5th March 2011, 21:44   #9955
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Roxx View Post
My first NASCAR; wanted this since ages.

1:18 2002 Dale Earnhardt Jr. #8 Monte Carlo -- Action Racing Collectables
welcome to the Nascar club, I'm chasing after a 1:24 Richard Petty Superbird, hope to have it soon.
Old 6th March 2011, 00:54   #9956
Senior - BHPian

BMW M1 and MGB roadster...both airfix kits.

The Scale Model Thread-img0023a.jpg

The Scale Model Thread-img0026a.jpg
Old 6th March 2011, 20:42   #9957
Senior - BHPian

I just bought a F50 1:24 Assembly kit by Maisto from Hyd Central but the box doesn't have any instruction manual! The F50 is not as simple to assemble as the Enzo was, a reason why i'm pretty hesitant to try it out myself. They have just one more piece in stock and if that too doesn't have a manual, what do i do!? I'll go and check with them tomorrow.

Till then, can someone please put a pic of their manual? so that i don't have to go back tomorrow.
Old 7th March 2011, 07:16   #9958
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit V8 View Post
BMW M1 and MGB roadster...both airfix kits.

Attachment 512239

Attachment 512240
Wow but no wow for pics quality :O{, can we have some better pictures please. By the way did you painted the car alos. From the look of it they seems have come out really well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyn View Post
I just bought a F50 1:24 Assembly kit by Maisto from Hyd Central but the box doesn't have any instruction manual!
I think that won't be too difficult to figure out, just lay all the parts side by side and 50% you will figure out in first go.
Old 7th March 2011, 15:28   #9959
BANNED

hi all, i am new here on the forums.. i am a diecast collector since 1996..
i am indian but born and brought up in UAE-DUbai... ( ny members here from dubai?)
i will be soon posting my car collection piks on this site...there are tons of piks so currently downsizing...

Could some one please tel me places to get autoarts,kyoshos,etc ( NO MAISTOS,etc) from the city of Mumbai ?
im going to be there for 3days so tryin to hunt some rare cars

Note from Mod :

1) Please use proper capitalization + punctuation and avoid the use of SMS language (piks, ny, etc). Make sure you see THIS THREAD before continuing.

2) Click here for an easy way to batch resize your images before uploading.

Last edited by Rehaan : 7th March 2011 at 16:14. Reason: Please take a look at the mod note that has been added to the end of your post.
Old 7th March 2011, 18:17   #9960
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by usaf23 View Post
hi all, i am new here on the forums.. i am a diecast collector since 1996..
i am indian but born and brought up in UAE-DUbai... ( ny members here from dubai?)
i will be soon posting my car collection piks on this site...there are tons of piks so currently downsizing...

Could some one please tel me places to get autoarts,kyoshos,etc ( NO MAISTOS,etc) from the city of Mumbai ?
im going to be there for 3days so tryin to hunt some rare cars
Welcome to the club usaf, we have quite a few members in Dubai (self included). Look forward to seeing your collection up here.

There are 2 shops in Dubai Mall that sell Kyosho & AutoArt if you are looking for a local option and Exoto has a store at Dubai Mall & Ibn Battuta. The Mumbai gang can help you out with the India trip though.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks