Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th July 2015, 22:00   #46
BHPian

Re: Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam is no more

He was definitely one of the very few "respected" politicians when he took up that role. Teaching was his real passion and what a wonderful way to bid good bye to the world doing the thing which you are passionate about.
Old 28th July 2015, 22:07   #47
Senior - BHPian

I am sad that a great man has left us.
I still, after more than 40 years, vividly remember the great man's signature, which he used to affix in the vehicle trip sheets. He was a great traveler in our Tourist Taxi which was on contract duty to ISRO's SSTC in Trivandrum, in the 70s.
Pranam.
Old 9th March 2020, 20:15   #48
Distinguished - BHPian

Just in case: The link to Abdul Kalam sir's auto-biography

https://www.academia.edu/14463803/WI...PbI5-DZ-0Zng-g
Old 10th March 2020, 12:14   #49
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsetorange View Post
He was in the IIM at Shillong as the Chief Guest for a function and giving a talk when he had a massive heart attack and collapsed on stage.
After watching the news about the manner in which Abdul Kalam died, my 82 year old dad commented to my mom as follows:

This is the perfect way to die. Live actively and suddenly pass away without warning. This is how I want to die.

Less than a month later, his wish was granted. He passed away after one day in the hospital due to HB dropping to 6. He was travelling in buses until the previous day.
Old 10th March 2020, 12:24   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
After watching the news about the manner in which Abdul Kalam died, my 82 year old dad commented to my mom as follows:

This is the perfect way to die. Live actively and suddenly pass away without warning. This is how I want to die.

Less than a month later, his wish was granted. He passed away after one day in the hospital due to HB dropping to 6. He was travelling in buses until the previous day.
True that. I remember thinking the same when I head about Abdul Kalam's death. For a person like him, there is no better way to go. Addressing a group of people eager to learn to him.

My Dad also had a similar death. He was a retired lecturer. He handled his morning batch of students, went to the college where he was a guest faculty and fainted while boarding the steps to his class. By the time his colleagues picked him up, there was no pulse. All done in 1-2 mins.
Old 28th July 2020, 10:54   #51
AZT
BHPian

Good article on a great man. He passed 5 years ago on this day.

Quote:
As the nation marks his fifth death anniversary, it is a good time to recall how the former president influenced the nation with his simplicity and humility.
https://www.livemint.com/opinion/onl...856967550.html
AZT is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks