Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th July 2010, 17:25   #811
BHPian

My current favourite is the pizza at Sukh Sagar, located at Sukh Sagar (opposite chowpatty?) Pizza's are typical desi style, and its open till 2 atleast.

Another late night hangout is Zaffran. Amazing, Mind blowing biryani.
I also like the reshmi tikka biryani at cafe noorani.

The Margherita pizza at Trattoria is also out of this world.

Another restaurant I absolutely loved is Kababs and Kurries, at ITC parel. Best reshmi tikka/malai kabab I've every eaten. Probably my favourite restaurant in the city.

Try out the spaghetti a la fernandes at society, ambassador. I adore it. I go there very often just for that spaghetti. They make it right in front of you too. Ask Vincent to make it, if you ever go there.. he does a really good job.
Old 7th July 2010, 21:46   #812
BHPian

I've been to Punjab Grill about about 3-4 times this June. The first time we went there, 2 couples, we ordered a non-veg platter(8 pcs.), Chicken Kadai & a Mutton Biryani and garlic naans alongwith White Wine. The portions are huge and always advisable to take recommendations from them. Excellent food whenever we've gone there. Only thing is you have to make reservations for weekdays a day in advance and 2-3 days in advance for weekends. If you just walk in, even on a week day, be prepared to wait for 75-90min. The best part came at the end when we were served paan shots. Unique.
Old 7th July 2010, 23:13   #813
BANNED

Been to

1) MASALA BAY -Andheri East - I would give it 10/10, amazingly tasty food and cleanest of the ambience for a place like that. Highly recommended.

2) Delhi Durbar - Behind Taj - I would give it 9/10, good service and typical Delhi attitude, "dont worry, achha hai to aur ek laa denge " and he gets another voluntarily Eventually we end up paying for it. Food was tasty .

3) Malvani Hysar - No idea - I would give it 5/10, probably much hyped place as per reports, never liked anything in that place, waste of time as per me.
Old 18th July 2010, 08:17   #814
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by paras211 View Post
If you dont really mind hygiene for really good chicken, there is 'babloo' as you move from wokhart to nirmal lifestyle there is a hp petrol pump , rigth next to it there s a shady place , i am a veggie but my friends swear by it.
I'll check. However, strangely, I don't remember a petrol pump on the road from Wockhardt to LBS.

Also, any recommendations for good vadapav, bhel puri, chat etc in Mulund. I don't really like the Shiv Vadapav opp Nirmal Lifestyle.
Old 18th July 2010, 09:51   #815
BHPian

Eating places in Mulund,

Sandeep Bar, Paanch Raasta for the best "Kaane" Fish, Crabs and lobsters too. There is a Family section on the first floor and the entrance is between the Wine Shop and the Xerox guy. Plently of families can be found there.

Jyoti BAr, Opposite Sandeep for Chicken Liver Fry. Men only.

Vishwa Samart, for their good ambience and Tandoori Chicken. the food is good. Familiy joint.

Cheers, Swapana Nagri, great Ambience good food too.

For Vada Pav, Opposite Ambaji dam temple, Ask for Ramesh Vada Pav, he is good.

Tarakeshwar Sandwiches, near Kalidas, simply superb.

Mangalore Stores in the evenings for Idli and other "Mangy" items.
Old 18th July 2010, 12:08   #816
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivshanker View Post
Mangalore Stores in the evenings for Idli and other "Mangy" items.
Where is Mangalore Stores?
Old 18th July 2010, 12:12   #817
BHPian

Road Parallel to Devidayal Rd. Behind T Ward Mun.

From the fire station towards Paanch Rastaa, just before T ward Mun. Office take a Right at corner of HDFC Bank ATM and Karnataka Bank. First Left again, and you can see it next to the driving school.
Old 24th September 2010, 22:22   #818
BHPian

Hi foodies I am looking out for a place in South Mumbai that serves the best Chicken Dum Biryani. I don't care much about the ambience but the only factor is it shouldn't close out before 11pm. Any suggestions?
Old 7th October 2010, 23:05   #819
Senior - BHPian

Guys, my wife and I will be in Mumbai for 3 days and would like to experience the night life there. What are some of the good pubs/clubs we should visit and their locations?
Old 8th October 2010, 10:41   #820
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyboy View Post
Guys, my wife and I will be in Mumbai for 3 days and would like to experience the night life there. What are some of the good pubs/clubs we should visit and their locations?
sammyboy,

Bombay is a very big city. What area will you be staying in? It'll be easier to recommend night spots around it then. Otherwise, traveling will be a killer issue.
Old 8th October 2010, 12:37   #821
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas@perioimpl View Post
sammyboy,

Bombay is a very big city. What area will you be staying in? It'll be easier to recommend night spots around it then. Otherwise, traveling will be a killer issue.
Hi Tejas, thats also something I need help on. Had posted it in this thread
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...-mumbai-2.html

havent got any replies yet.

Can you suggest where I should plan to stay? My first time there and wanna cover all that I can in 3 days.

Thanks a lot.
Old 21st October 2010, 12:21   #822
Distinguished - BHPian

Went to Cinnabon last nite.

Was dying to eat cinnabons since a year and as soon as i got to know that one has opened, i rushed off. There's one next to basilico at Pali Naka, Bandra and there's another on Juhu Tara Road.

I went to the Bandra one.

There's basic seating, place for around 16 odd people at the most. The seating is outside (non AC) whereas the cash counter, etc is inside (AC). You order, pay and carry your tray outside.

Cinnabons are not priced cheaply. I guess that's the reason that it was completely empty at 10pm last night.

Anyways, the aroma felt the same (read bliss) although not as strong as what i've smelt abroad. Could be because they have always been in malls and the smell stays there more due to central air conditioning.

Back to the topic, the entire selection is available. I'd always recommend the cinna stix and the cinnamon flavoured cinnabons. They have a good take away box with 12 assorted big sized cinnamons for ~Rs. 450.

Taste wise, it tastes the same, except i found it a bit more "bready" and got a lesser feeling of it dissolving in my mouth. Having said that, i'd definitely recommend a one visit there for sure.
Attached Thumbnails
A Guide: Eating out in Mumbai-67510_445569762084_628012084_5757369_3315188_n.jpg  

Old 21st October 2010, 12:46   #823
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas@perioimpl View Post
Went to Cinnabon last nite.

Was dying to eat cinnabons since a year and as soon as i got to know that one has opened, i rushed off. There's one next to basilico at Pali Naka, Bandra and there's another on Juhu Tara Road.

I went to the Bandra one.

There's basic seating, place for around 16 odd people at the most. The seating is outside (non AC) whereas the cash counter, etc is inside (AC). You order, pay and carry your tray outside.

Cinnabons are not priced cheaply. I guess that's the reason that it was completely empty at 10pm last night.

Anyways, the aroma felt the same (read bliss) although not as strong as what i've smelt abroad. Could be because they have always been in malls and the smell stays there more due to central air conditioning.

Back to the topic, the entire selection is available. I'd always recommend the cinna stix and the cinnamon flavoured cinnabons. They have a good take away box with 12 assorted big sized cinnamons for ~Rs. 450.

Taste wise, it tastes the same, except i found it a bit more "bready" and got a lesser feeling of it dissolving in my mouth. Having said that, i'd definitely recommend a one visit there for sure.
Ya i felt the same too about the bready taste. But being nearby we always call in advance to know if its freshly made & tell them to keep it for us. The fun of eating it right out of the oven is something else. The one i had visited in Dubai had much more variety. Here the menu is limited. Also there's another Cinnabon opening a few buildings away from my home right on Carter Road below Oceanic Building.
Old 21st October 2010, 12:53   #824
BHPian

Steak

Went to Blue Frog recently and ordered a tenderloin in Tamarind Hoisin sauce. One of the best steaks I've eaten in Mumbai so far. It was done perfectly and the meat especially was excellent quality(imported I think). The marinade was also quite innovative which is a chinese style brown sauce with a sour tamarind accent. Other places which serve a decent steak are :

1. Indigo Cafe (Colaba and Andheri)
2. Hard Rock Cafe (Lower Parel)
3. Mangi Ferra (Juhu)
4. 5 The Restaurant (Santacruz)
Old 21st October 2010, 12:57   #825
BHPian

The Best Italian

Guys we have a special celebration tomorrow. The lady likes Italian food. What place in Mumbai does the best Italian? I've shortlisted Don Giovanni's for now. Would appreciate some recommendations.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks