Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th September 2011, 12:41   #841
BHPian

Re: A Guide: Eating out in Mumbai

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesse_916 View Post
Hi Anil. Where did you get the Phantom ciggies? Been lookin for them all over. A nice trip down memory lane that.
Don't even recall the time i picked it up, seems you looked though the whole thread. You still do get it, check it near schools specially, you will find it someplace.
anilkalvani is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2011, 15:47   #842

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilkalvani View Post
Don't even recall the time i picked it up, seems you looked though the whole thread. You still do get it, check it near schools specially, you will find it someplace.
Thanks Anil. Shall check around. Seems really silly but what the heck
Old 13th September 2011, 16:25   #843
BHPian

Anybody here interested in Restaurant Week India? I have signed up for 5 dinners next week during Restaurant Week Mumbai.

Restaurant Week India*•*It would be rude not to...

The 5 places i'm up for are Hakkasan, Koh, Vetro, India Jones & San-Qi. All in a week between 19th to 25th September.
Old 3rd October 2011, 18:12   #844
Senior - BHPian

A Guide:Eating out in Mumbai

Not sure if there is already a thread running with details of eateries in Mumbai.If there isnt,then let this be a start.If there is one existing already,then could the mods kindly arrange to move this into the existing thread.

My query is which would be a better place for sizzlers in Mumbai-Kobe or Yokos.Any better place reccomended in the western suburbs?
Old 15th October 2011, 22:52   #845
Senior - BHPian

H guys, I have been the regular customer of FIRE BOWL at andheri.
They used to do home deliveries properly, but of late they are very rude to their customers and have silly excuses like NO SAUCES (some of them) will be given for home deliveries.Totally absured and weired, and over and above when you tell them that you are not satisfied with thier service they will tell you "that is your wish ".
Their so called owner is not bothered to interact with the customers comlaints and he is not even speaking to his affected customers.or harrased by his staff.
Concluding my story AVOID THIS ANDHERI OUTLET AT LINK ROAD AND YARI ROAD.
Old 16th October 2011, 01:11   #846
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilkalvani View Post
exactly my thought too. Bhajji, lol

My best friend, a bori bhai comes down every month from the US on company work. For a week we go out every night. This time on Monday we started off with Janta at Pali Naka, our oldest meeting point. After that we went to Soul Fry where there was Karaoke Night. The place was rocking as usual. We did not feel like leaving but i had a early morning the next day. Tomorrow we are going to haunt Mohammed Ali Road to all our favourite joints at Bachuwadi, Do Taaki for Seekh Paratha & there's a small bakda at Musafir khana where i heard you get the best Brain Fry with Pao/Bread Naan. Normally when he used to come once a year, we would go to Shalimar Bhendi Bazar & have the Raan Tandoori there. Our itinerary would be Janta, Pali Naka--> Harmony, Reclamation (until they made a mess of it) --> get a cab and drink in it too --> Shalimar, Bhendi Bazar --> Tavern, Fariyas Hotel Colaba (One of our oldest haunt). Am going tomorrow and will try to click pics if i am sober
anil
hi
next time you go to bohri mohalla there is taj ice cream shop
umpteen flavours all made in the old fashioned wooden sanchas which are rotated by hand.Not the smooth factory made icecream but the coarser variety.
for nalli nihari try noor mohammeds near shalimar.People swear by it.
rgds
PS being sober is not a pre-requisite to photography
Old 17th October 2011, 17:18   #847
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by faustus77 View Post
anil
hi
next time you go to bohri mohalla there is taj ice cream shop
umpteen flavours all made in the old fashioned wooden sanchas which are rotated by hand.Not the smooth factory made icecream but the coarser variety.
for nalli nihari try noor mohammeds near shalimar.People swear by it.
rgds
PS being sober is not a pre-requisite to photography
Been there, done that. Sorry for my late reply, have been tied up. The sancha ice-cream is our regular after we eat at Haji Tikka, another of my favorites there. Also Tawakkal if we're in the mood to indulge. For some great Nalli Nihari, you could also try Chinese & Grill at Pydhonie. Saarvi is another place for Seekhs. More later, now me hungry.
Old 20th October 2011, 01:40   #848
BHPian

Anilkalvani hi.

2/3 years back ate there. It was good but not great. Cant recall tawakkal. Is it in the vicinity of taj ice cream? Last year tried zaika chiken pulao. Good since then havnt been there.

Somebody mentioned Be tanki seekh paratha, would be the 2 tanki nawab seekh paratha. Waiting to try that out.

rgds
Old 15th November 2011, 15:33   #849
Senior - BHPian

Some good Biryani joints in Navi Mumbai

Dum Biryani : opposite ST Augustine school Nerul. There are 2 joints near ST Augustines school. One is opposite the ST Augustine School gate and one is on the main road. The one opposite the gate is the best. The mutton Biryani is awesome here. They also have mutton dal gosht which is also great.

Hydrabadi Biriyani House Kharghar : Next to IT park, opposite Regancy gardens. Again the mutton biryani here is very good.
Old 15th November 2011, 20:12   #850
BHPian

Any reviews about Borivali Biryani Center? How's Dum Biryani at that place? Seems like these guys have opened up an outlet in Thane, planning to give it a try.
Old 16th November 2011, 16:33   #851
BHPian

@prateekm: BBC has always been renowned for their biryani mate but i have only tried two of their branches one in goregaon east and other Malad-W and by far the one in Malad is much much better.
Some other recommendations from my side:
South Indian:
Dakshinayan in Juhu, amazing south indian food and super service.
Banana Lead (7 bungalow): Great food good service and way above in comaprison to their branch in vile parle west.

Malvani:
Satkar: Opp Goregaon station East, amazing non veg and fresh sea food malvani style. Not that expensive too.

Thai/ Chinese:
Thai Ban in Bandra and 5 spices Oshiwara good food.
Mahjong: Khar: the best bamboo rice i have eaten ever.

Chat:
The chat wala outside Sahakari Bhandar, Vile Parle- W going towards Juhu.
Am sure most of them must have already been listed but some of my favorites.
Dicky_GT is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2011, 16:45   #852
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prateekm View Post
Any reviews about Borivali Biryani Center? How's Dum Biryani at that place? Seems like these guys have opened up an outlet in Thane, planning to give it a try.
Hi prateekm,
I have had Biryani at their Ghodbunder road outlet. Well, the decor was better than the food. Infact I have not had a good Biryani ever in Bombay, maybe it is just me.

I will try out the joints mentioned by heavy_foot on my next trip.
khoj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2011, 02:25   #853
Senior - BHPian

Also add " Bombay High ", Seawoods to the list of good biryani places in Navi Mumbai.
Old 8th March 2012, 14:35   #854
Senior - BHPian

guys, we are celebrating our anniversary on Sunday 11 Mar. so planned for a day out, like swim, lunch and generally chilling. Googling threw up sun n sand Juhu. anyone tried it? if so pl give feedback
Old 8th March 2012, 17:53   #855
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Had been to Aromas of China at Andheri recently. Food was quite good. Prawns (dont remember the name of the starter) were awesome. Ambience was much better at this branch than in Oberoi mall, Goregaon.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks