Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th September 2016, 11:25   #61
BHPian

Re: A unique journey: My experience with Cancer

Hello Friend,

That's lot of positive spirits. Every cancer fight is different and not all end happy. Your strength was 'You' and your 'Family'.

I keep visiting Karunashraya (institute that provides free professional care for advanced stage cancer patients) as part of our companies CSR initiatives. Every time I visit them I realise how lucky I am to have a better life.

Your post opens up lots of Hope, Courage and Inspiration! Best wishes to you!
Old 28th September 2016, 12:02   #62
BHPian

Thanks a lot for sharing,

I was stunned for a while, trying to comprehend what a family goes through in such situations.

Also shook me up on the inadequacy of my own medical & life Insurance plans.

Congratulations and wish you a healthy & happy life ahead,

Salute to your and your wife's spirit.

Regards,
Harshad Parab
Old 28th September 2016, 13:01   #63

Hats of to your and your family's spirits. Cancer feels like a never ending fight, I have seen my mother go through her toughest times in the last 1 year since she has been diagnosed with multiple myeloma.

There have been times when we as caregivers have given up on treatment options when see her cry in pain. But her strength and patience keeps us going and trusting her doctors.

Best wishes to you.
Old 28th September 2016, 14:47   #64
BHPian

Thanks for sharing your experiences. I have a childhood friend fighting cancer in leg at Delhi R&R hospital and maintaining similar attitude and high spirits. Your post has helped me get a better insight into the mind of the person taking it head on. Kudos to your spirits and I am sure it will help and inspire many others who read it. Wish you all the best and happy riding!!
Old 28th September 2016, 14:56   #65
BANNED

I salute to your spirit and the way you took it upon and fought the battle. At times like this, it's the Family and Friends that will give a person power to take such kind of situations head on and overcome them. Kudos to you and I wish you a speedy recovery.
Old 28th September 2016, 14:59   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by junkishya View Post

And along came Cancer probably one of the best things that happened to me in the recent times, it shook me up from slumber.

And while they say that once you start this journey, the remission from the disease is often just a break in this journey and sometimes you have to continue it to the end, well, let's just WAIT and SEE !!
First of all hats off to you sir. Those are very brave lines and they show the grit and determination with which you have fought this battle. I am sure these lines are going to inspire many people.

I have a suggestion (if you are Ok with it), you can start a blog where you can share your experience in detail give some tips. It might be of immense help to people who are facing this disease. One of my relative (who is no more) had faced this disease and there was no inspirational and correct source of information available for her and her family.

Thanks
Old 28th September 2016, 15:13   #67
Senior - BHPian

Junkishya - Very brave of you to try and find humour in such a difficult situation. You showed great clarity of mind with the way you handled things on hearing of the diagnosis. I'm glad that you've atleast managed to beat the dreaded disease for now. I hope and pray it stays this way.

But now that you've been given a new lease of life, I'm sure you will appreciate it much more than before. All the very best in life and hope this was the end of your experience with Cancer.
Old 28th September 2016, 17:31   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Ruchitya. Actually none of the Insurance companies will give you a policy which cover critical ilness like after you are diagnosed with cancer !! In fact some policies have a cooling period (3-6 months) even after giving a policy. They will not pay if the Critical Illness was diagnosed during that period. So get a substantial term cover when you are young and healthy.
Yeah Junkishya I am aware of that :-). It was only my attempt at mild humour. And thanks for the advice, I'll make sure I am covered always. Wish you the very best.
Old 28th September 2016, 18:23   #69
BANNED

Dear Kishore Shinde,

I WISH YOU complete recovery. Yes diet and only diet will bring back things to normalcy. More than physical disturbance, Cancer plays a lot with your mind. So just keep your mid calm and listen to lot of Vedas. It has a positive impact.

I dont write the above. I've been through tough times. But it will end well.

Regards,
Venky.
Old 28th September 2016, 18:41   #70
Senior - BHPian

Typing this with my hands / fingers shivering.

Bow down to you and your will to live and your fight against the disease. God bless you Junkishya. Take care.
Old 28th September 2016, 21:35   #71
Senior - BHPian

Hi Kishor,

Thanks for sharing. You are strong to put it in words and only you and your family know the pain. Have you tried the herbal meds to help you through the chemo as out in the US it is strongly recommended to ease the pain.

My grandma had Lymphoma stage 3 and i was her driver during the chemo runs and it is really hard on the person. She beat cancer. I hope you get more strength and are able to nurse your self back. Do provide any tips or suggestions which you felt would help other in this forum.

Maddy
Old 28th September 2016, 22:57   #72
BHPian

Hats off to the courage and dedication. Very happy to know that you managed the right treatment at the right time.
Cancer can be very tricky to check and cure. Lost my father a couple of years back to the disease and can totally empathise with the kind of stress you family/friends would have been through.
Wishing you loads of healthy years.
Old 29th September 2016, 01:00   #73
BHPian

Thank You for sharing something which is quite personal , you have an amazing spirit and have tackled the situation very bravely , opened me up to a new perspective and has taught me not to get bog down by little irritants in life , best wishes to you and your family and pray that you have a healthy life ahead!
Old 29th September 2016, 08:58   #74

Dear Kishore,

Most probably I wouldnt be writing that our other friends here havent written already. Honestly, if I were in your position, I wouldnt be able to put it up here. Salute your spirit for that firstly.
As others said, your logical and strong headed approach to this ordeal is exemplary, something that we just read and not see. I know at times it can pull you down, but keep going for everyone else's sake - sign of a true leader. Hats off.
Lastly, we never know when it can happen to us, nobody knows. I guess you were in the same situation. I genuinely look up to you bro. My best wishes and prayers with you!!!

Mod Note: Please dont type like.... this....

Last edited by ampere : 29th September 2016 at 10:12. Reason: Fixed dotty post
Old 29th September 2016, 09:07   #75
BHPian

Quote:
..Life was getting stagnated, nothing seemed to excite, and petty issues were making their presence felt !! And along came Cancer probably one of the best things that happened to me in the recent times, it shook me up from slumber
Salute to your courage and positive attitude!

First of all thanks for sharing, your experience will help many. Immediately after reading your post, I assessed my financials and decided to take sufficient life cover without any further delay. This will give peace of mind for the family incase of any unforeseen situations.
Thanks again for sharing your personal experience, which many can't do. Wish you good health in your new life .

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks