Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th September 2016, 11:08   #76
BHPian

Re: A unique journey: My experience with Cancer

Hello Kishore,

Trust me your life begins now.

Your will and positive attitude has helped you and hats off to your family. I can imagine what would be going through them during your time of struggle. without their support it would have been very much difficult for you.

I am 41 and have a similar experience. I had a Liver transplant a year ago and started my new lease of life.

I second your views Family first, fitness comes next. Financials is something every one needs to plan and be ready for any unforeseen challenges. I was fortunate had sufficient time to make my savings for a transplant.

Wish you good health and quality new life
Old 30th September 2016, 11:33   #77
BHPian

That's a great story of courage and just facing life on your own terms.
Thanks for sharing your story, It's easy to complain about how you have been handed a bad deal even when you are healthy and happy, this puts everything into perspective.

Wish you luck in your fight. Our prayers are with you.
Old 30th September 2016, 15:05   #78
BHPian

I thank you for coming forward and sharing this heart wrenching yet motivating saga of positivity and resilience. Fate has its ways of testing our faith and rewarding our perseverance. Soldier on bade bhai. May God shower his choicest blessings on you, your family and your troop of vehicles.
Once a Ninja, always a Ninja!
Old 30th September 2016, 18:54   #79
BHPian

Kishor - Thanks for writing this down and sharing with us. Wishing you good health.
Old 1st October 2016, 20:31   #80
BHPian

A unique journey: My experience with Cancer

This is one post which am going to reread many a time. Sharing one's experiences especially on the medical front requires lots of courage and guts and you have lots of guts and spunk, pal!! On this occasion of Navratri, may Goddess Durga give you and your family lots of blessings and Shakti. These are life's experiences that alter the total oaradigm towards life. Stay blessed, friend. If I have your consent, will share it on FB, as it will give lots of hopes to many people who are afraid to share their inner feelings and insecurities. All the best!!
Old 2nd October 2016, 13:33   #81
Senior - BHPian

I can relate to whatever you have mentioned in the post as I went through a similar experience with my son (9 year old) recently. Believe me, nothing can come close to seeing your kid going through the treatment. I lost more than 10 kgs in those five months. Alhamdulillah (praise to Allah), he is fine now. The entire family suffers in every way. It is very important to lead a healthy lifestyle and have proper medical insurance and savings. Being healthy does not mean that you wont get the disease, but we should do whatever we can. The best part of the experience is that I have become stronger and realize all the blessings I took for granted after interacting with so many patients. Never compromise your health and family in pursuit of rat race. My priorities have changed completely. Serve humanity in whatever way you can and be happy.

Last edited by PatienceWins : 2nd October 2016 at 13:40.
Old 8th June 2022, 14:51   #82
Distinguished - BHPian

Cancer wonder drug discovery claimed

https://www.indiatoday.in/science/st...687-2022-06-08

Excerpts
Quote:
Cancer in all patients vanishes for the first time during US drug trial.

A small-scale trial of a drug for cancer treatment has shown 100% success in removing the tumours and preventing recurrence in patients. According to experts, this is the first in the history of medical science.

HIGHLIGHTS
- Tumor vanished in all 18 rectal cancer patients during a drug trial.
- The trial was conducted for 6 months.
- The cost of the drug (in trial phase) is approximately Rs 8.55 lakh.

The world may soon be able to get rid of a dreaded disease that is feared for the sheer number of lives it claims — cancer. For the first time, a drug trial has shown 100% eradication of cancer in patients at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center in Manhattan, US.
Too early to determine the long term universal efficacy of this drug but it sounds like a step in the right direction. The ugliness of cancer and the cost it imposes on the patient {sufferer} and care takers {co-sufferers} has to be experienced to be believed.
V.Narayan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th March 2023, 13:19   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PraNeel View Post
That's quite a writeup and display of grit and determination. Your last paragraph will surely inspire others. Cancer has become quite common these days. Can you please enlighten some bad habbits to avoid and good habbits to adopt as a preventive measure? Thanks
Well, I'm not sure about the good habits as despite following lot of habits that I thought were good (like 4 days a week exercise, cardio exercises to increase oxygen intake, eating very healthy and green to keep the body alkaline, etc.), the cancer has come back again as expected. In fact the Oncologist had cautioned it could come back in a 3-4 years but lucky me, it came back after 7 years !!

Since the cause of cancer is not known for many different types, being healthy as much possible is one good way. If there are any prior instances of cancer within the immediate family, then you need to be cautious for sure.
junkishya is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th March 2023, 13:35   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by junkishya View Post
Well, I'm not sure about the good habits as despite following lot of habits that I thought were good (like 4 days a week exercise, cardio exercises to increase oxygen intake, eating very healthy and green to keep the body alkaline, etc.), the cancer has come back again as expected. In fact the Oncologist had cautioned it could come back in a 3-4 years but lucky me, it came back after 7 years !!

Since the cause of cancer is not known for many different types, being healthy as much possible is one good way. If there are any prior instances of cancer within the immediate family, then you need to be cautious for sure.
Hey, an update after almost 7 years.

You know what happened last time, you managed to stay strong. This too shall pass

What's the update on the Ninja?
Old 15th March 2023, 14:02   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Govardhansupra View Post
Hey, an update after almost 7 years.

You know what happened last time, you managed to stay strong. This too shall pass

What's the update on the Ninja?
Upgraded the Ninja to Z900 .. fixed up all the accessories possible
Hoping to get a Litre class Tourer in the next few months !!
junkishya is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks