Team-BHP - Will you burn crackers this diwali?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   Will you burn crackers this diwali? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/18235-will-you-burn-crackers-diwali-14.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by noopster (Post 2555905)
But please be considerate and clean up after yourselves!

I will enjoy the crackers in disciplined way.:D

Enjoy the sweets, have fun, happy Deepawali to all of you.
May coming years bring more prosperity to spend more on crackers!!:D

No cracker's form past 7 - 8 years

Crackers, specifically, meaning the things that just go bang, or even bang-bang-bang, are just noise polution. Where is the fun?

Fireworks in general, though, even though I have to admit to all the other forms of pollution and danger, are wonderful to see, and I'll always enjoy.

I would rather buy some food for that money and give it to those poor kids begging on streets. Moreover it is too much of air and sound pollution.

My poor 2 year old kid is turning upside down to get some sleep. But my great neighbors not concerned at all. They are firing up the maximum decibel one's after 11. Sadists...

It's been going on for two days, whenever the rain stops.

I'm not so mean*, though, as not to be glad people had a dry evening to enjoy, and we did watch from the terrace for a while.

*only almost!

It 11:10 PM. Crackers blowing up all around my house. My daughter not quite able to sleep because of the noise. I am in the middle of a office conference. But have to be on mute, because of the noise from all around.

My immediate neighbors have around 7-8 dogs. I feel so bad for them. If the noise is so irritating to me a human, dogs with their very sensitive hearing would be going thru hell.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bblost (Post 2558611)
My immediate neighbors have around 7-8 dogs. I feel so bad for them. If the noise is so irritating to me a human, dogs with their very sensitive hearing would be going thru hell.

My pet was the reason I gave up crackers when I was in the 4th std.

Until then, I had this huge urge each Diwali to burst the loudest bomb.

In 4th, we got our pet home and one morning, I went down to burst crackers. And I heard my pet screaming his lungs out. I couldn't bear the thought and haven't burst or encouraged a single cracker since.

I silently wish everyone gives up on crackers.

Proud to read so many echoing the same line of thought.

It's 12:30 AM and I am just in home after locking the house. I fired crackers till 11:30 PM as we got late due to pooja. This year I have noticed the fall in noise in our colony; the reason could be the high cost of the crackers this season. The craze was not that as compared to last year in my colony.

Let's see what news channel got to say!

Happy Diwali!

When i was little, i use to burn lots of crackers. I and my bro used to go with parents and shop lots of crackers. In our society, we use to compete who brings more crackers and bursts new varieties and last long. Also, me and my friends use to meet early morning and burst lots of bombs to welcome new year. As i grew up, i realized how much pollution it causes and slowly i stopped bursting more crackers.

Cracker pollution goes down

Cracker pollution goes down, with push from nature - The Times of India

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluevolt (Post 2559964)
Cracker pollution goes down

It was the opposite here in chennai. The fog and smoke got mixed up and formed a heavy Smog blanket on Diwali night. I had bought sparklers for my son and seeing the smog i came back into the house, convincing him that we will light them the next day.
At around 8pm visibility was so bad that the Pollution control Board had to issue requests in TV and Radio, to tone down the bursting. They said that the levels of PPM were 14times the danger limit !!

Then the rain gods decided it's time to cleanup and started pouring by 11pm. The next morning everything was clean and clear.

The festival season is back again and it’s time for celebrations.

Members, pour in your views. My opinion is still the same, will burn crackers like every year, within rules and limits though.

No crackers for me as always. Hate the noise and pollution. Plus the terrified look on my dog's face.

I never did and will never do it. I find it pointless and complete waste of money and human labour for one night of fun.

advantages of staying in a township , open balconies or go down and watch other people burst their stuff and get my fill of enjoyment :d