Team-BHP - The Cashless Transactions Thread (apps, wallets etc.)
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   The Cashless Transactions Thread (apps, wallets etc.) (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/182995-cashless-transactions-thread-apps-wallets-etc-12.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by AltoLXI (Post 5116859)
Did these now. Signed out and cleared the data. When app opens, entered the number linked to account. But when I try to link bank account, shows "Couldn't send SMS". Got the OTP though in the first step.

Is this something to do with https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shift...y-plans-2.html?

1. Make sure that gpay has permissions for SMS. So that gpay can send and read incoming SMS. The sent SMS usually a large string of alphabets and numbers will be present in your SMS app.
2. Your SIM plan is not expired and has SMS as a part of plan.
3. Your SIM account main balance shouldn't be zero. Do a small recharge of 10 or 20 rupees to add balance to SIM account.

Quote:

Originally Posted by PraNeel (Post 5116869)
1. Make sure that gpay has permissions for SMS. So that gpay can send and read incoming SMS. The sent SMS usually a large string of alphabets and numbers will be present in your SMS app.
2. Your SIM plan is not expired and has SMS as a part of plan.
3. Your SIM account main balance shouldn't be zero. Do a small recharge of 10 or 20 rupees to add balance to SIM account.

Got it now. As suspected, the latest recharge of 79/- had no SMS and had to recharge 129/- now just to send SMS :Frustrati

It is linked now. Time to move out of Airtel I suppose.

So what do you think of e-RUPI? The new payment system launched on 2nd August 2021

Quote:

e-RUPI can be issued by a government or by corporates to their employees for targeted use as it only allows purchase from merchant outlets, but does not permit direct cash-out or peer-to-peer transfer
This is a nice idea where the cash out for a purpose is generally used for something else.
Recently, an IT major has reimbursed its employees for buying office chairs during this pandemic for their continuous support working from home. Some of the folks, bought it from Amazon/Flipkart, used the bill for reimbursement and returned the chair back.

Now do you think this e-RUPI helps to tackle this unethical practice?

Quote:

Originally Posted by saisree (Post 5116914)
So what do you think of e-RUPI? The new payment system launched on 2nd August 2021

This is a nice idea where the cash out for a purpose is generally used for something else.
Recently, an IT major has reimbursed its employees for buying office chairs during this pandemic for their continuous support working from home. Some of the folks, bought it from Amazon/Flipkart, used the bill for reimbursement and returned the chair back.

Now do you think this e-RUPI helps to tackle this unethical practice?

It will be like a closed-loop Credit (or Credit Card). Similar to Sodexo that many corporates use.

I had an sbi account lying dormant for few years. Two days ago I went to the branch and re activated it along with applying for a new atm card. Now the problem is, I am unable to link my account with google pay, says 'something went wrong at the bank's servers.' The registered phone number works, pan card is linked but Aadhar is not and the atm card is yet to arrive. Folks at the branch and customer care washed off their hands blaming the app, so I tried yono and paytm and the issue is repeated there. I sent a mail to sbi and a standard reply of 'beware of frauds' came back and that was it. Anyone had any similar experience and know what to do ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by corvus corax (Post 5125868)
... Anyone had any similar experience and know what to do ?

SBI accounts are horribly difficult to link to a UPI app. First hand-experience for both mine and better half's. Better half was struggling with getting OTPs in general, and SBI support were useless.

I struggled with mine for a long time to link with GPay (the 'finding accounts linked with phone#' step kept failing), and then faced a LOT of transaction failures (plus GPay insists on only working with Location Services turned on).

Switched it to Paytm UPI and it's been better. Transaction failures still exist (not as bad as with GPay) but any money debited is quickly credited back, unlike GPay that takes forever and is a customer service blackhole. Makes me doubt they even have a support team.

Surprisingly, SBI UPI Support is remarkably responsive. How about that!

Quote:

I had an sbi account lying dormant for few years. Two days ago I went to the branch and re activated it along with applying for a new atm card. Now the problem is, I am unable to link my account with google pay, says 'something went wrong at the bank's servers.' The registered phone number works, pan card is linked but Aadhar is not and the atm card is yet to arrive. Folks at the branch and customer care washed off their hands blaming the app, so I tried yono and paytm and the issue is repeated there. I sent a mail to sbi and a standard reply of 'beware of frauds' came back and that was it. Anyone had any similar experience and know what to do ?

Ask your branch to enable UPI services for your account by giving a written request. Check if you are able to access YONO (this will ensure your mobile number is properly registered).

After enabling UPI services the GPay registration should work.

It worked this morning! However card details need to be entered and my card is yet to arrive. So will have to go through the whole ordeal again.

Quote:

Originally Posted by corvus corax (Post 5126159)
It worked this morning! However card details need to be entered and my card is yet to arrive. So will have to through the whole ordeal again.

Please remember that to do GPay registration, e-commerce transactions need to be enabled in your card. It is disabled by default as per RBI guidelines. You can enable it by either sending the SMS as mentioned in the paper which accompanies the card or using YONO.

Had a few doubts regarding PayTM ad UPI. Did not find answers in their FAQs. Tried their chat and IVR options but was unable to get beyond the machine interface, not even to write a note or mail outlining my queries. Shall be grateful if someone can guide me here.

Does PayTM payment bank support UPI? The intent is to open a savings bank account with them, load only small amounts into it periodically, and set up UPI with it.

In case of any support needed, how do I contact PayTM support? Especially given the above experience.

I did search this thread, some people have similar comments regarding PayTM support.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao (Post 5125972)
SBI accounts are horribly difficult to link to a UPI app.

Quote:

I had an sbi account lying dormant for few years. ...Now the problem is, I am unable to link my account with google pay,

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ramon (Post 5126008)
Ask your branch to enable UPI services for your account by giving a written request.

On a lighter note, this is what I like about SBI actually! It's difficult enough for me to get money out of my account and any service that any other modern bank enables with a few clicks requires you to visit the SBI branch, so I blissfully (ignorantly) assume how much harder it must be for a fraudster to get money out (unless his name is Mallya I guess :)).

So my SBI a/c is my hole-in-the ground bank account - money only goes in to sit safe. For any banking transactions that are normal in the modern world, I use my other account.

Quote:

Originally Posted by adisan (Post 5228289)
Had a few doubts regarding PayTM ad UPI. Did not find answers in their FAQs. Tried their chat and IVR options but was unable to get beyond the machine interface, not even to write a note or mail outlining my queries. Shall be grateful if someone can guide me here.

Does PayTM payment bank support UPI? The intent is to open a savings bank account with them, load only small amounts into it periodically, and set up UPI with it.

In case of any support needed, how do I contact PayTM support? Especially given the above experience.

I did search this thread, some people have similar comments regarding PayTM support.

It does and this is exactly what I have done for myself. The good part is it can be linked to not just PAYTM UPI but to any. I have linked the PAYTM Savings account to amazon upi and also use it with BHIM at times.
I have been using it for couple of years and it is very consistent. Never actually required any support from PAYTM.

So, I switched to a new phone yesterday and after that I am unable to send any money through Google pay. It says that I have reached the limit, but in reality I haven't. I tried the usual cache cleaning and uninstalling and reinstalling but its the same this morning too. Anyone faced the same?

Quote:

Originally Posted by corvus corax (Post 5256732)
So, I switched to a new phone yesterday and after that I am unable to send any money through Google pay.

When I switched my phone last year, I had to remove my bank account and add it back. Gpay was throwing unrelated errors till I did that.

Quote:

Originally Posted by binand (Post 5274038)
Paytm (and maybe others with Payment Bank operations, like Airtel) push aggressively and maybe even surreptitiously open accounts in their banking entity for you. You have to actively watch out for this practice.

Airtel was fined in 2017/18 for fraudulently opening bank accounts for customers who came for Aadhaar based KYC update.

RBI slaps Rs 5 cr penalty on Airtel Payments Bank for violation of norms
Souce : TOI

Today, PayTM is barred from on-boarding new customers for bank accounts. Detailed reason to be checked. clap:

RBI bars Paytm Payments Bank from onboarding new customers

Source : TOI

More such actions are needed.