View Poll Results: Who cleans the car?
YOU 90 39.82%
Sometimes you 96 42.48%
Definitely NOT you 40 17.70%
Voters: 226. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 7th December 2006, 12:27   #16
Senior - BHPian

My building watchman Narayan.. cleans my car like his and takes out the car from my garage by sharp 8.30 and keeps it ready and a/c cooled..when i leave to office
Old 7th December 2006, 12:54   #17
BHPian

once a month,i give it to the car wash service centre-the remaining weekends,i give her a bath myself.of course getting soapy and wet with her and rubbing her body is fun,but the service people get it spotless-clean with their pressure wash!!
Old 7th December 2006, 13:00   #18
Senior - BHPian

No one but me. I really enjoy cleaning my car. Helps burn some calories too. One thing that I never forget to do during my vacations at Kerala is to wash my Dad's car.
Old 7th December 2006, 13:06   #19
BHPian

Its our servant & shampooing, etc with every service

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
No one but me. I really enjoy cleaning my car. Helps burn some calories too. One thing that I never forget to do during my vacations at Kerala is to wash my Dad's car.
Lack of facilities force me to use our servant to do the wash on a daily basis. I get it washed, waxed and interior shampooed @ workshop during every service (6 months).

I wish I had the facilities to wash it my self.
Old 7th December 2006, 13:15   #20
BHPian

my house guard cleans the car & mobike everyday & once every month i get it polished professionally. personally i m a very bad cleaner
Old 7th December 2006, 13:21   #21
Senior - BHPian

Me too really bad at cleaning and hire a guy who does a good job early in the morning 365 days a year.

Once in a while the professionals also are entrusted with the job.
Old 7th December 2006, 13:53   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aZa View Post
Clean it myself, but take it for thorough wash & wax at the Carwash weekly.
wash & wax weekly ? is it good for the car ? i dont suppose you even need a waterwash once in a week, unless your car becomes that grimy. Usually a good wax job should last you at least 3 months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by faithless_1984 View Post
lmao ,even ill try to teach my dog to do this

well i wash and polish/wax my rides myself only on sundays.!

faithless, i dont think you need to teach an old dog new tricks, just take your stud close to a tyre & watch the animal instincts take over.
Old 7th December 2006, 14:33   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aZa View Post
Clean it myself, but take it for thorough wash & wax at the Carwash weekly.
That's not good for your paint aZa. If you really like it shiny get it professionally polished once a month, not more than that.
Old 7th December 2006, 17:07   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
That's not good for your paint aZa. If you really like it shiny get it professionally polished once a month, not more than that.
oops..I am washing my car once in a week with TurtleWax car shampoo, which is wax mixed..and have heard / thought that its good for the car to retain its look..Did I go wrong?? Please clarify

-Menon
Old 7th December 2006, 17:37   #25
Senior - BHPian

that is just washing & cant be bad. waxing is a different thing altogether.
Old 7th December 2006, 17:41   #26
BHPian

My 800 is cleaned by a guy who washes all the cars in our building. He does a good job of using seperate cloths for the body, windows etc. No scratches on the 800 yet not even the swirls. I clean the Palio myself every Sunday. Starts with a thorough rinse over & under the body, shampoo, wash rubber mats, rinse body again, dry with chamois cloth, wax, take a break, polish the wax out, clean with a fresh cloth. Vaccum interiors, blow out dirt first then vaccum the carpet, seats, clean dashboard, clean the door rubber sealings, shampoo carpet with ArmorALL, clean windows & windscreen with lint free cloth. Check fluid levels in the engine, finally clean tyres with ArmorALL tire shine. Park the car in the garage, have a smoke & pepsi while admiring how clean the car looks.
Old 7th December 2006, 17:41   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by menonrajesh View Post
oops..I am washing my car once in a week with TurtleWax car shampoo, which is wax mixed..and have heard / thought that its good for the car to retain its look..Did I go wrong?? Please clarify

-Menon
No the shampoo wash is fine weekly or twice a week. Actual polishing with a polishing wax/compound is not recommended to be done too often & certainly not weekly.
Old 7th December 2006, 20:11   #28
BHPian

Two dogs.. two wheels are cleant by my dogs the other two are cleant by me. If i use the car i make sure i wash it, scrub it and wax it (3 hrs of ) but in the end, its a bling bling.
Old 8th December 2006, 13:21   #29
BHPian

Like my car, most car in my building are washed by domestic help who perform only car washing & cleaning. Exterior daily and both exterior and interior cleaning on weekends.

With my experience in my old car, I realize that daily cleaning though keeps car good looking every day, it tends to catalyst underbody rust formation. Hence my new car gets cleaned on alternate day basis.
Old 8th December 2006, 16:57   #30
BHPian

I have great domestic help. He cleans and polished my car just fine.. Now i don't even tell me.. whenever he sees something not perfect, he does it himself. Lucky me .. atleast for now.
On second thoughts, if i were doing it myself, i would be a lot thiner .. )

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks