View Poll Results: Who cleans the car?
YOU 90 39.82%
Sometimes you 96 42.48%
Definitely NOT you 40 17.70%
Voters: 226. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 7th April 2009, 09:08   #46
Senior - BHPian

Earlier I used to clean and wash the car myself but now the frequency of cleaning has gone down considerably due to the high running of Getz. The car is always on the move, hence it only gets a good jet wash once a month.
Old 7th April 2009, 09:15   #47
BHPian

Everyday cleaning (mainly to get rid of all the dust & grime) is delegated to our house keeper.

Weekend special treatment is exclusively my domain.

Cheers
Old 7th April 2009, 11:26   #48
BHPian

I have a cleaner who just cleans my car and none elses, so he does a very neat job of it. I do some special cleaning stuff on Sundays. The interior are cleaned by the cleaner on Mondays.
Old 7th April 2009, 13:26   #49
BHPian

I pamper my Wagon, Splender and wify's Scooty on ever alternative weekend with wash/wax/polish. Though it is time consuming, but I love spending time on them. And sometimes even my better-half gives company to keep them clean
Old 7th April 2009, 14:27   #50
Senior - BHPian

I do it myself every 2 weeks or so. I snowfoam the car first using pressure washer, then a rinse before using the attachment to spray the shampoo on and then using a mit-pad I give the car a once over before rinsing. Then dried using a chamois leather and the wheels are given a clean and shine.

I do the interior every couple of months and use a ac freshener aerosol every 6 months or so.
Old 7th April 2009, 17:32   #51
Senior - BHPian

The cleaner cleans it in my new apartment. He does a good job and cleans the interior during weekend. I give it a special treatment rarely during weekends.

Also, the car does not get dirty as I use covered car parking in office as well as home.

The best part is that the monthly charge for cleaning the car is only Rs. 150
Old 7th April 2009, 17:53   #52
BHPian

On weekdays its a cleaner in my apartments who cleans the car, I pay him 200 Rs a month to do that and on Weekends I spend time some quality time cleaning my car, I dont move until I make sure every intricate detail is upto my satisfaction. Its really a bliss to spend quality time with your car and pamper it.
Old 7th April 2009, 18:20   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post
The best part is that the monthly charge for cleaning the car is only Rs. 150
Where in Bangalore do you get someone for Rs.150 ? We have around 5 regular guys in the morning (for office going cars) and they charge Rs.250 monthly (since many months). Now an increase to Rs.350 is already proposed by them, but the society meeting has decided to turn down their new demand.

I wash my car once a week (no regular driving), and ask the security guys to wash it when I need to rush somewhere and I dont have time to clean it. I pay them Rs.20 per wash, which is higher than daily wash.

Last edited by shajufx : 7th April 2009 at 18:23.
Old 7th April 2009, 18:50   #54
GTO
Team-BHP Support

This community never fails to amaze me. In the last such poll, I was surprised at how many people did NOT wash their cars on a daily basis. And now, this poll!

I have my cars washed on a daily basis by a local car wash guy (avg. 200 - 250 bucks a month per car). A good tip ensures that my cars get special attention from him.

Myself? Not that frequently.
Old 7th April 2009, 19:48   #55
Senior - BHPian

I do not wash my car every day because I stay on a hill (the place is itself called Melecaud - the forest above), there is chronic water shortage. We get water supply only two or three days a week, that too on unearthly hours. So I wash my car, myself mind, every weekend.

Attempts to dig a well were foiled by sticky soil which made work dangerous.

*sigh*
Old 7th April 2009, 20:35   #56
Team-BHP Support

Strictly me! Weekly once.

Car wash when under body needs it (with specific instruction on do's and dont's) and the wash during M.A.S.S service (with specific instruction on do's and dont's).

Bro's car by his driver, who apparently does a pretty decent job.

ps: i did have an issue with my lab washing the wheels, recently i have started training him to use the other car

Last edited by Jaggu : 7th April 2009 at 20:36.
Old 7th April 2009, 20:57   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
Where in Bangalore do you get someone for Rs.150 ? We have around 5 regular guys in the morning (for office going cars) and they charge Rs.250 monthly (since many months). Now an increase to Rs.350 is already proposed by them, but the society meeting has decided to turn down their new demand.
I was paying Rs.300 in my previous house. I started washing myself as the quality of wash was pathetic.

In my current apartment complex with 1100 apartments, the rate given to the vendor for daily washing of sedan is Rs.200 and for hatchback is Rs.150. I have a Getz. I was initially skeptical of the quality, but it seems to be good. I hope they maintain the same quality even after more people move in to the complex.

Last edited by PatienceWins : 7th April 2009 at 20:59.
Old 7th April 2009, 21:08   #58
Distinguished - BHPian

Well, I like a dirty/dusty/muddy car with clean windscreens, ORVMs and lamps. And my cars are hydrophobic anyway.
Old 7th April 2009, 21:54   #59
BANNED

me my self and sometimes the service guy
washing two big cars is a big pain in the *** Literally!! on a sunday usually i reserve 2-3 hours of morning time after the dog walk on washing both cars
Old 7th April 2009, 22:18   #60
Senior - BHPian

Wash? Who wash, what wash?!!
The car is slave to me, not I to it!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks