Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Bicycles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th March 2019, 10:35   #4171
BHPian

Re: The Bicycles thread

Any compatible tire that can replace BTWIN 50-584 /27.5 x 2.00 MTB tire?

Would 27.5 X 2.10 or 27.5 x 1.95 be suitable? I could find confusing data on different websites like 50-584 27.5 x 1.95 and the same labelled as 50-584 /27.5 x 2.00 on my tire. Experts, please guide

Reason for the query is that, i would like to switch the tire with another manufacturer, as I am facing a quality issue with my RR520 tire in the form of Cracks on tire walls.

Front tire has more evident cracks. Seems its a manufacturing issue, as the bike has been ridden less than 500 Kms and all my rides were on early morning between 6:00AM to 8:30AM and rarely in the evenings. Maintained the tire pressure on 45psi always. No chance for direct sunlight, as the bike is parked indoors. In addition, no off road rides, no punctures or low pressure riding during this 3.5 months of usage and i am very gentle to my bike. Problem has been escalated to decathlon and waiting for a reply.

This is the second item i am facing a quality issue with Btwin in 3 months of usage. First one was with the spoke reflector, where the holding clip got broken for two reflectors. Another reflector was fired like a bullet from the spoke while riding. By God's grace, none was harmed.

The Bicycles thread-img_20190324_135208.jpg
The Bicycles thread-img_20190324_135222.jpg
Old 27th March 2019, 11:35   #4172
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KK_HakunaMatata View Post
Hello Cyclists,

Need your help. I am now thinking of getting started with cycling (am 35 now, 5 ft 8 in. & weigh 86 kgs) and quite not sure how to select the perfect cycle for me at a budget, can't go beyond 10k and I am also not averse to getting a good conditioned pre-owned cycle. Need inputs -
I will tell you what I did when I decided to take up cycling. I asked a friend for his Firefox MTB and kept it with me for a month to get used to the idea of cycling. That experience told me that only road bikes appeal to me.

So I went to local cycling store and asked for the cheapest road bike. I could get the La-Sovereign Cheetah (non geared) for about 10k. Used it for about a year and decided to add gears and used it for a little over a year. Last August picked up the BTwin Triban 500 from decathlon. Few months back added clipless pedals.

Two of my friends are in same situation as yours and one of them has picked up the BTwin Mybike for 5k while the other is taking delivery this weekend. Helmet and lights 2k extra. I advised them to use it for a while and then once you are firm on your usage / routine / linking etc. Spend more and get a decent cycle.

You can easily sell off the Mybike for about 2500 bucks or use it as a beater cycle / give to someone in family when you upgrade.

Last edited by blackwasp : 27th March 2019 at 11:37.
Old 29th March 2019, 16:16   #4173
BHPian

Hello Buddies, does anyone here rides a BMX bike? I recently tried few obstacle course on my friend's BMX and it was pure rush. I was wondering if its too late in my life to ride a BMX. I am 32 and 6"2' tall.

I enquired in local shops also, they say maximum tyre radius that comes in BMX bikes is 20 inches. I understand that one is not supposed to sit and pedal when on BMX but would my height be a problem to ride one? any pointers for the same or I am better off with a mountain bike?

drive_angry
Old 30th March 2019, 22:25   #4174
BANNED

Hello everybody, I have purchased a Dahon SUV D6 for my daily use as an alternative to walking. This has been very handy for my daily use. My previous cycle was a heavy Hercules double bar which got stolen. The need for increases security made me opt for this folding cycle. The folding cycle is very easy to fold up and unwind. My daily routine is to take the 15 kg bike down the flight of stairs, unwind it, do a 2 km ride in less than 5 minutes, fold up, left it up the flight of stairs to the office to be safely stashed up in the morning. In the evening, I follow the same routine to reach home and stash it in my place during the night and sleeping soundly. The bike is capable of maintaining reasonable speed too.

The Bicycles thread-img_20190329_100319.jpg

The Bicycles thread-img_20190329_100509.jpg

Last edited by aah78 : 26th September 2019 at 20:28. Reason: Pictures inserted in-line.
Old 1st April 2019, 08:55   #4175
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sujithsidhardha View Post
Any compatible tire that can replace BTWIN 50-584 /27.5 x 2.00 MTB tire?

Would 27.5 X 2.10 or 27.5 x 1.95 be suitable? I could find confusing data on different websites like 50-584 27.5 x 1.95 and the same labelled as 50-584 /27.5 x 2.00 on my tire. Experts, please guide

Reason for the query is that, i would like to switch the tire with another manufacturer, as I am facing a quality issue with my RR520 tire in the form of Cracks on tire walls. ......
You shouldn't have any issues with either of the sizes. Both of them should fit your bike.

However, I would suggest to contact Decathlon if the cracks have appeared in such a relatively short time and discuss exchange or replacement with them...No harm in trying.
Old 4th April 2019, 17:45   #4176
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by COMMUTER View Post
Hello everybody, I have purchased a Dahon SUV D6 for my daily use as an alternative to walking. .
Its unfortunate that our Public Transport does not allow such bikes. Else these folding bikes would be perfect for our commuting needs.

However, I feel you cant travel more than 10 kms on this in comfort.
I would like to hear from you on this.

I am commenting since I have used such bike for roughly 2 years.
silverado is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 10th April 2019, 15:31   #4177
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjbmw2001 View Post
You shouldn't have any issues with either of the sizes. Both of them should fit your bike.

However, I would suggest to contact Decathlon if the cracks have appeared in such a relatively short time and discuss exchange or replacement with them...No harm in trying.
Thank you for the the advice. Decathlon replaced both the tires with a 54-584. It confirms that 54-584 can be replaced with 50-584.
Old 5th May 2019, 21:58   #4178
Distinguished - BHPian

I do not know about India, but in the Netherlands a bicycle needs to comply with certain regulations. One is it needs a bell!

So every bicycle in the Netherlands has a bell. In theory you could get fined by the police if you don’t.

Sports and race bicycles tend to have very simple, lightweight bells.
About a week ago I came across this very cool bicycle bell:

I had to have it and I ordered the matt black version.
It arrived yesterday, all packed up in a neat box:

The Bicycles thread-img_4878.jpg

Open the box et voila

The Bicycles thread-img_4879.jpg

Here you see it mounted on the steering bar of my bicycle

The Bicycles thread-img_4881.jpg

The Bicycles thread-img_4883.jpg

I’ll be honest, it is easily the most expensive bicycle bell I have ever bought in my life. I have had bicycles that cost less!. Still, it is an incredible nice piece of precision engineering and the sound is truly amazing. The video does not do it justice. When you ring it, is a very nice, quite loud, ping that goes on and on and on!

Very please with it!

Jeroen
Old 6th May 2019, 11:23   #4179
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeroen View Post

I’ll be honest, it is easily the most expensive bicycle bell I have ever bought in my life. I have had bicycles that cost less!. Still, it is an incredible nice piece of precision engineering and the sound is truly amazing. The video does not do it justice. When you ring it, is a very nice, quite loud, ping that goes on and on and on!

Very please with it!

Jeroen
Just watched the video, may be it does not do justice to the bell, but not sure I spotted anything special there. BTQ, what's the price?
Old 6th May 2019, 12:53   #4180
Distinguished - BHPian

Mod note: Please avoid quoting youtube link for replies and restrict to 2 smilies per post. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeroen View Post
About a week ago I came across this very cool bicycle bell:

I had to have it and I ordered the matt black version.
It arrived yesterday, all packed up in a neat box:

Jeroen
That's a beautiful bell. The sound sounds like a lot similar to a cheaper bell I got from Decathalon but I'm sure this sounds way better in person! Any upcoming rides in Chennai planned? Can join up.

Btw Vimeo's video integration in this forum is much cleaner and looks good than YouTube

Last edited by Jaggu : 6th May 2019 at 16:24. Reason: Removing quoted Youtube link and additional smilie.
Old 6th May 2019, 15:23   #4181
Senior - BHPian

One of those dream fulfillment moments when I stood with my bike in front of the Oxford Book Store in Darjeeling Mall. It took me two days to reach there from Siliguri. Completely self-supported.

The Bicycles thread-oxford.jpg

Last edited by aah78 : 23rd September 2019 at 18:27. Reason: Picture inserted in-line.
Sudipto-S-Team is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th May 2019, 18:25   #4182
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpadhye View Post
Just watched the video, may be it does not do justice to the bell, but not sure I spotted anything special there. BTQ, what's the price?
It is beautifully engineered. Again, the video doesn't do it justice at all, neither the visual or the audio. It is really like a little work of art. The price is staggering if not totally ridiculous, but, hey you only live once.

I had not realized, until I got this bell, there is a whole Bicycle Bell world out there. This one is actually a kickstarter initiative from some 4-5 years ago, that looks to have taken off.

But as always there is competition and parties claiming others stole their design, comparisons, pro- and anti enthusiasts.

This guy made a 10 minute video. About a bicycle bell

There are dozens of video's out there on YouTube on how to install this bell. Now admittedly it is a bit different than most bells, but still.

Anyway, I am really pleased with it. Gives me lots of pleasure looking at it and ringing it!

Jeroen
Jeroen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th May 2019, 23:20   #4183
BHPian

Hi guys! Just wanted to know if there are any front and rear indicators available for bicycles?

Last edited by aah78 : 23rd September 2019 at 18:28. Reason: Spacing fixed.
Old 19th May 2019, 18:59   #4184
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSIVTEC View Post
Hi guys! Just wanted to know if there are any front and rear indicators available for bicycles?
Red and white blinkers are available at decathlon for as cheap as Rs. 200. The white blinkers aren't bright though but does the job if you just want to warn the motorists

Last edited by aah78 : 23rd September 2019 at 18:28. Reason: Quoted post edited.
Old 24th May 2019, 22:23   #4185
BANNED

I recently purchased Btwin Riverside 900 bicycle. Any idea how I can make the gear shift smoother? I really am not loving the feel during gear change especially if I am putting force on pedals simultaneously.

Last edited by aah78 : 23rd September 2019 at 18:28. Reason: Spacing fixed.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks