Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th January 2020, 10:37   #16
BHPian

Re: Aadhaar: Address update procedure and related issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Most major banks have aadhar center within them...
Interesting...

Quote:
How long does it take for the URN number to be available for online status checking on aadhaar website? I waited 10 days before checking, and the URN is still not online.
It is always immediate. I got a URN yesterday (tried again) and I could check the status immediately. In fact, checked right now and got this message
Quote:
Your details are yet to be verified by UIDAI. Please check after a few days.
Old 29th January 2020, 20:58   #17
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
BTW, no one answered my original question. How long does it take for the URN number to be available for online status checking on aadhaar website? I waited 10 days before checking, and the URN is still not online.
Well, I got a sms today. It said my aadhaar has been dispatched on 22nd, to my new address in Bangalore. Since I am in Manipal now, I quickly refreshed my aadhaar on Digilocker.

Yayyyyeeee! My address has been updated despite all the invalid URN business. Asked my wife to check the mailbox in Bangalore, my physical aadhaar card was lying there. Phew!
Old 19th February 2020, 10:29   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValarMorghulis View Post
Now, I'm waiting for the GAIL gas first bill. Hopefully it'll have perfect spelling, name and address, 'cos hey! UIDAI doesn't mess around!
My wait for correct Adhaar address continues.
Finally! Got an SMS stating my Adhaar card has been shipped with an updated address!!
Yay! The GAIL bill was the trump. Though for backup had got my postpaid bill modified too.
Old 19th February 2020, 13:59   #19
Senior - BHPian

Can the pin-code in adress appearing in adhaar be updated using the passport as address of proof ?
Old 19th February 2020, 14:10   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
Can the pin-code in adress appearing in adhaar be updated using the passport as address of proof ?
Absolutely. Passport works as address proof almost everywhere.
Old 31st July 2020, 06:13   #21
BHPian

I need to update my address as I have moved to a new city. I don't have any address proof right now and is in the process of getting a rental agreement.

But reading about it I guess, there is a chance for rejection by using that as the address proof and I was checking the address validation route.

Bit confused here as the website mentions both sending a letter to verifier and also SMS to verify in 2 different places. Has anyone done this recently?

It has to be either one of the options right?

Ref: https://ssup.uidai.gov.in/ssupAddres...nGenerate.html

Aadhaar: Address update procedure and related issues-capture.jpg

Aadhaar: Address update procedure and related issues-capture2.jpg

Last edited by aah78 : 29th January 2021 at 04:19. Reason: Images inserted in-line.
Old 31st July 2020, 11:56   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajesh1868 View Post
I need to update my address...

It has to be either one of the options right?
1. Forget the second picture
2. Follow Steps 1-3 in the first picture and generate request for the Address Verification Letter. You'll get the letter in 30-90 days at the new address with a secret code
3. Once you receive the letter, login and follow Step-4 to generate request for adhaar with updated address which will be as "C/O xyz, <your new address>", where xyz is the name of the address verifier

Last edited by ValarMorghulis : 31st July 2020 at 11:58.
ValarMorghulis is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2020, 20:57   #23
BHPian

I am trying to update my aadhar address online but keep getting this error why trying to generate OTP. "Your request cannot be processed right now due to some technical issue. Please try again later." Is this error related to server or anything incorrect on my end.
Old 3rd August 2020, 07:04   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comrade View Post
I am trying to update my aadhar address online but keep getting this error why trying to generate OTP. "Your request cannot be processed right now due to some technical issue. Please try again later." Is this error related to server or anything incorrect on my end.
Most probably it is a temporary issue at their end, keep trying after a day or two. I updated my address online last week, the process went through without a hitch. Got a URN for tracking, and it took 3 working days for the address to be updated online.
Old 3rd August 2020, 12:12   #25
BHPian

I was able to submit the documents yesterday, but they rejected my request saying "data mismatch". I guess I am better visiting some physical location locally since they will better understand minute details like "Rd 7" vs "Road Number 7".
Old 3rd August 2020, 13:32   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comrade View Post
I was able to submit the documents yesterday, but they rejected my request saying "data mismatch". I guess I am better visiting some physical location locally since they will better understand minute details like "Rd 7" vs "Road Number 7".
I have gone through that too in the past.

This time, I took care of two things
- copied my rent agreement address word to word (for e.g. My address generally says Flat#123 XYZ Apts, but the rent agreement said 123 XYZ and so I did too in the application). Similar for the area/suburb, etc.
- made sure the vernacular translated text of address is correct (check it once).

It worked for me this time on the first attempt.

The lady had to get her mobile updated too for Aadhaar, so she went to the local center instead. Turns out there's a huge waiting list, she's got a token for 12th August.
Old 3rd August 2020, 13:51   #27
Senior - BHPian

Has anyone managed to update/correct the name in Aadhar? My mom's name is spelt as LastNameInitial FirstName in the card and we want to get it updated to FirstName MiddleName LastName to match the PAN and Passport.
Old 11th August 2020, 22:01   #28
BANNED

Any inputs as how to change C/O in Aadhaar? Opted for address change via letter , now received updated Aadhaar with C/O, didn't get the options to edit via letter method, Thanks !
Old 11th August 2020, 22:35   #29
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by unknown View Post
Any inputs as how to change C/O in Aadhaar? Opted for address change via letter , now received updated Aadhaar with C/O, didn't get the options to edit via letter method, Thanks !
Get the address updated again via online process with relevant address documentation (e.g. rent agreement) in your name and the c/o will get removed. Till then c/o can't be removed.
Old 11th August 2020, 22:50   #30
BHPian

Phone Number Link

Been running around place to place in Mumbai looking to link my phone number with my Aadhaar Card. None of the PO and Banks are accepting the request. Cannot be done over the internet unless there has been an update recently. If anyone know where and how to get it done, please do post.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks