Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th February 2021, 20:31   #46
BHPian

Re: Aadhaar: Address update procedure and related issues

I have 2 small query. I visited a permanent centre and completed my Aadhaar address change.

1. Will a new Aadhaar be dispatched by post with the new address or i have to take a print out myself.

2. Does the Aadhaar number remain the same?

May appear stupid but please help.
Old 11th February 2021, 22:14   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharatbits View Post

1. Will a new Aadhaar be dispatched by post with the new address or i have to take a print out myself.

2. Does the Aadhaar number remain the same?
As per my experience:
1. New card gets despatched by post. However online access to the same would be available as it gets ready. This would have a question mark around the portion where it usually bears the authentication and so will not be exactly the photocopy of the one that you would receive by post.
2. The number remains the same.
skchettry is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th May 2021, 18:51   #48
BANNED

I requested the address update on my wife’s Aadhaar card on 16 November 2020. The request still shows in progress. Apart from this, the call centre doesn't offers any help.

The lead time given was 90 days but it has been 196 days now.

I requested the update using secret pin. Anyone knows how can i get some help around this?
Old 31st May 2021, 20:21   #49
Senior - BHPian

Did anyone recently do an address change using "Address Validation Letter" request method. I have tried getting it done but the verifier is not getting any notification to approve and give consent. Not sure why it doesn't work. Tried multiple times.
Old 31st May 2021, 20:52   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoed_ View Post
Did anyone recently do an address change using "Address Validation Letter" request method. I have tried getting it done but the verifier is not getting any notification to approve and give consent. Not sure why it doesn't work. Tried multiple times.
As far as I know (In April at least) this method was stopped. I had to add my wife's name in some bills and then apply for change in address for her.
chinkara is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st May 2021, 20:56   #51
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
That doesn't work anymore. I finally visited the local HDFC Bank branch where they have Adhaar update kiosk, it happened within 5 days.
Samurai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2021, 15:39   #52
BHPian

Been trying to update my address online. Every time I fill all the details, upload the necessary document, but when I click next for the Preview the details page, the page loads up without any submit or continue button. Spent the whole day trying, even tried different browsers (except IE). Did anyone else face this issue ?
Old 8th June 2021, 17:03   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnniHilat0R View Post
Been trying to update my address online. Every time I fill all the details, upload the necessary document, but when I click next for the Preview the details page, the page loads up without any submit or continue button. Spent the whole day trying, even tried different browsers (except IE). Did anyone else face this issue ?
Yes, I did.

Try the same on mobile. It worked for me.
balenoed_ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th June 2021, 00:02   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, I did.

Try the same on mobile. It worked for me.
Phewwww.....it worked !
Thanks a ton.....appreciate the help.
Old 9th June 2021, 00:27   #55
Senior - BHPian

Aadhar safety is a joke

Who is responsible for the safe delivery of the Aadhar card?

During Q4 of 2020, I submitted a request to update the address (I didn't know they will send you a physical copy of the card post a successful update. More on that later). Once it was done, and I was able to download the soft copy with the updated details, I placed a request for the PVC version for everyone in the house. A couple of months passed, everyone except me go the PVC card. I kept following up on the aadhar helpline and sent multiple emails, but nothing happened.

Cut to last month, I get a call from the manager of a nearby bakery stating that my aadhar card had landed there. Luckily the place was within walking distance and I went to check it out immediately. The building security there informed me that he had just returned from vacation and found a couple of aadahar cards lying in the mailbox and luckily his manager had the courtesy to call and inform. He showed me another card, which turned out to be from another nearby building.

This was just the regular card that gets printed after every demographic update. But I am wondering if my PVC card was also wrongly delivered to someone else.

Now, who is responsible for this mix-up? In the wrong hands, an original aadhar card can do much harm. And there is no way for me to check or prevent it. I do not even have proof that my card was delivered wrongly. What do I do in this case?
Jaguar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th July 2021, 18:08   #56
BANNED

As Aadhaar Validation Letters are being stopped, I am wondering how to update address of my wife. I somehow managed to change her address in the Voter' ID Card, but she won't be having the physical card till the next major election (at-least 2 years from now). Without Aadhaar address update, all the KYCs are stuck at old address.

Anyone recently have any experiences in updating address of spouse without documents?

Also, is there a way to get some kind of puny insurance which would not ask for Aadhaar and can be used as address proof?
Old 9th July 2021, 22:16   #57
Senior - BHPian

23rd of June we updated mobile number on my mom's aadhar. More than 2 weeks and it's still not done. Going to aadhar center doesn't help either as they are giving me "server down frequently" excuse. How much time it realistically takes?
Old 9th July 2021, 22:20   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetrolRider View Post
Anyone recently have any experiences in updating address of spouse without documents?
I am in the same boat as you. Trying to get address updated for my wife who does not have any documents in this address to support.

Hoping that they restart the address validation letter option. When enquired over email, they said they have temporarily suspended that option. Which I am guessing that it will be back soon. No idea.

Please do update if you find a way out.
Old 12th July 2021, 09:13   #59
BANNED

Quote:
I am in the same boat as you. Trying to get address updated for my wife who does not have any documents in this address to support.

Hoping that they restart the address validation letter option. When enquired over email, they said they have temporarily suspended that option. Which I am guessing that it will be back soon. No idea.

Please do update if you find a way out.
I am yet to find a short term method, the log term method is to update election ID card. But, as you know, they issue the Election ID card only during the election (your address would be updated, but they wont issue a card).
To update address in Election ID card, post a registered letter / speed post to your wife' name in your address and once it is delivered, you may use that as address proof.

Last edited by PetrolRider : 12th July 2021 at 09:15. Reason: Election Card method
PetrolRider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2021, 14:03   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetrolRider View Post
To update address in Election ID card, post a registered letter / speed post to your wife' name in your address and once it is delivered, you may use that as address proof.
Okay, finally I got the address updated for my wife who did not have any supporting proof.

There are two ways, and I chose the first one:

- Upload spouse's passport as address proof, provided it has wife's name endorsed and it has the address that you want to update to.

- There is a form that can be filled and attested by a gazetted officer which can be used as a supporting document if no other proof is available.
balenoed_ is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks