Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st October 2022, 05:27   #91
BHPian

Re: The Artworks thread! Paintings, sketches & drawings

This is incredible!!! Stunning stuff!!! I would love to have one of your paintings for my collection. Will I have any luck on that?
ramji_or is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st October 2022, 07:36   #92
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACMohan View Post
with the Altura for size comparison.
Have no words for your talent. Been a fan since Day 1.

PS: Now when is the ownership report of the Altura coming up? Looks sweet now, such a rare and lovely find - that one.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st October 2022, 11:49   #93
BHPian

Love the Paintings. Would be a dream to own one of the Porsche ones.
sharad_kmc is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 31st October 2022, 14:34   #94
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Here's a thread to post the art works.
Lovely initiative and somehow I missed this thread. Great set of creations you’ve ACMohan!

Adding a very, very old work (done sometime during 2005) I did for high end multi-brand watch shops ETHOS in Bangalore.
They wanted a fictitious chronograph watch face wide angle view behind payment desk.
Size of the final print was 9 feet so there was no other way (then of course) to keep all the details sharp except creating that.

Whole work took four days to complete using Alias Sketch and Photoshop.
Adding some close-up views to show how much of painstaking details one had to go with.

The Artworks thread! Paintings, sketches & drawings-chornograph-1.jpg

The Artworks thread! Paintings, sketches & drawings-c2.jpg

The Artworks thread! Paintings, sketches & drawings-c3.jpg

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 31st October 2022 at 14:35.
Rudra Sen is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 31st October 2022, 22:36   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amol4184 View Post
My god this is incredible. What a skill! Have you painted something in Gulf livery yet? I will be very eager to see that. My best wishes to your future paintings and hope you scale new heights my man.
Thank you very much. There are two of them in gulf livery; the Porsche 917 that won the 24 hours of Daytona in 1970 and another 917 from the Steve McQueen Movie 'Lemans' (1971). I've posted them in the previous pages.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramji_or View Post
This is incredible!!! Stunning stuff!!! I would love to have one of your paintings for my collection. Will I have any luck on that?
Thanks a ton. And sure, it's possible to add them to your collection, as some of the paintings are available. We can discuss this in detail through private message.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Have no words for your talent. Been a fan since Day 1.

PS: Now when is the ownership report of the Altura coming up? Looks sweet now, such a rare and lovely find - that one.
Thank you very much Sujayetta.
If the truth be told, the Altura is a beautiful drama queen. And I haven't still figured out how her story has to be written. Once all the works are finished, I'll post a detailed review. Hopefully soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharad_kmc View Post
Love the Paintings. Would be a dream to own one of the Porsche ones.
Thank you very much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra Sen View Post
Lovely initiative and somehow I missed this thread. Great set of creations you’ve ACMohan!
Size of the final print was 9 feet so there was no other way (then of course) to keep all the details sharp except creating that.
Whole work took four days to complete using Alias Sketch and Photoshop.
Adding some close-up views to show how much of painstaking details one had to go with.
Beautiful work. Considering the details and the clarity, I wonder what its resolution was and how the computer handled it at that time.
ACMohan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st November 2022, 08:59   #96
BHPian

Blissful beauties they are Mohan and I have no words to describe how i felt seeing these paintings. God bless! Thank you for making us a part of your talent.
Jaisalmeriya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st November 2022, 12:14   #97
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Considering the details and the clarity, I wonder what its resolution was and how the computer handled it at that time.
File size is 114Mb with @300Dpi resolution. Hardware was Power Mac G5 with Dual 2.5GHz SuperDrive and 32mb RAM.
It had no problem even handling even bigger files.
Rudra Sen is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th December 2022, 10:56   #98
BHPian

The Annual Chitra Santhe is happening on 8th of Jan 2023 at Kumara Kripa Road. The whole road is closed for this event. It is sponsored by the Karnataka Chitrakala Parishad, Bangalore. Its not exactly a curated art event. Eminent artists and connoisseurs generally avoid the event but worth a Sunday visit if your are curious.

http://traveltwosome.com/india-scrapbook-chitra-santhe/

I went there this year. The Bajji/Bonda stall inside the Parishad campus saw brisk sales. I can't say for sure about the artworks.
Old 26th December 2023, 15:09   #99
BHPian

Found this thread today and was blown away by the sheer talent of everyone. special mention of @ACMohan. I've started following you on Instagram. @Rudra Sen, your work is awesome. I dabble in watercolour paintings as a hobby. I also did some 3D models of some classic cars with cardboard and paper in 1:43 scale. Posting the painting here.
Attached Thumbnails
The Artworks thread! Paintings, sketches & drawings-img_7356.jpg  

sanhan10 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th December 2023, 15:29   #100
BHPian

A 3D model of a fiat Millicento made of cardboard and paper in 1:43 scale The Artworks thread! Paintings, sketches & drawings-img_0038.jpg

The Artworks thread! Paintings, sketches & drawings-img_0089.jpg

The Artworks thread! Paintings, sketches & drawings-img_0092-2.jpg

A 3D model of a Standard Herald convertible again with cardboard and paper with transparent plastic for the windshieldThe Artworks thread! Paintings, sketches & drawings-img_8322.jpg

The Artworks thread! Paintings, sketches & drawings-img_3974.jpg

A 3D model of an Ambassador Mark1/ Morris Oxford again with cardboard and paper in 1:43 scaleThe Artworks thread! Paintings, sketches & drawings-img_8145.jpg

The Artworks thread! Paintings, sketches & drawings-img_8147.jpg

Last edited by Sheel : 26th December 2023 at 15:43. Reason: Please use the EDIT or QUOTE+ (multi-quote) button instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD! Thanks.
sanhan10 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 7th January 2024, 19:31   #101

I love art overall, so I am sure you can imagine my surprise when I saw Mr. AC Mohan's artworks! My jaw actually dropped to the floor! Though they are not based on cars at all, here are a few of my artworks given below!

A pencil sketch of a female face made very recently.
The Artworks thread! Paintings, sketches & drawings-20240107_191159.jpg

A pencil sketch of a Wolf (light sketch, will share a better version soon...)
The Artworks thread! Paintings, sketches & drawings-20240107_191008.jpg

A watercolor painting of a city landscape.
The Artworks thread! Paintings, sketches & drawings-20240107_191120.jpg

Hope you like them!
Ms. Tesla is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 25th January 2024, 22:04   #102
BHPian

Here are a few of my car sketches. I'm someone who struggles to draw a straight line or a circle, lacking knowledge of proportions, perspectives, lighting, shadows, etc. My sketches may resemble those of a two-year-old, or perhaps they draw better than I do. It's more like a scribble, but it helps release tension or stress when I sketch a car. Apologies for any eyesore.
Attached Thumbnails
The Artworks thread! Paintings, sketches & drawings-02468a7380d14c36839049f4c10828bf.jpeg  

The Artworks thread! Paintings, sketches & drawings-2ff2260b62a14f5ab97b5cd35df4dfb1.jpeg  

The Artworks thread! Paintings, sketches & drawings-446f57033bb440c78384b6b4f5ec5630.jpeg  

The Artworks thread! Paintings, sketches & drawings-9fceaab428a745e9a00ad6688889f7d0.jpeg  

The Artworks thread! Paintings, sketches & drawings-5dffcf911b9449e3b1de750d1a1b0420.jpeg  

raycers_honda is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 25th January 2024, 22:37   #103
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raycers_honda View Post
Here are a few of my car sketches. I'm someone who struggles to draw a straight line or a circle, lacking knowledge of proportions, perspectives, lighting, shadows, etc. My sketches may resemble those of a two-year-old, or perhaps they draw better than I do. It's more like a scribble, but it helps release tension or stress when I sketch a car. Apologies for any eyesore.
Your sketches are very nice, and very expressive.
Thad E Ginathom is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 12th February 2024, 23:05   #104
BHPian

Tried another sketch, a two door hatchback. Didn’t quite get the proportions right.
Attached Thumbnails
The Artworks thread! Paintings, sketches & drawings-7226a5512b8c4f539ff92852c7e8267a.jpeg  

raycers_honda is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks