Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th June 2019, 13:50   #31
BHPian

Re: PayTM KYC ordeal

Last year i got my whole family's KYC done. The PayTM executive called up and came at our home at a time of ur convenience and did the KYC within 10 minutes and went. No charges, no hassles.
But the issue which i faced was that the executive insisted on only Aadhar Cards. This was the time where there was a lot of criticism and skepticism against the Govt. asking for linking Aadhar everywhere possible. This was the only issue.
Old 8th June 2019, 14:08   #32
BHPian

With the advent of UPI, I no longer see any reason to use PayTM.

After reading about the numerous ordeals other forum members are facing, I no longer intend to ever use PayTM either. My bank's mobile app / Google Pay both support UPI, and are far superior.
Old 8th June 2019, 18:16   #33
BHPian

Pardon my ignorance, but what's the deal with sticking with Paytm? Aren't there other payment options like Googlepay or UPI?
Old 8th June 2019, 22:37   #34
BHPian

I haven't completed my KYC yet. But I can use paytm for paying at shops as well as for Uber. The only things blocked for me is the Money transfer b/w paytm accounts(i.e sending money to other paytm users).
As well as their other services like investment stuff etc.

Since I don't use paytm for much else, I have kept myself from doing the KYC unless it becomes mandatory.

P.S. I'm a bit skeptical of UPI (the connecting directly to the bank account stuff). So I use just the paytm or any wallet as a buffer in between . It also helps me keep a mental tab on my "cashless" money usage. I only load money in lots of Rs. 1000 at once into my wallet.

Also lack of KYC has helped me avoid random requests for credit from many friends who want "cashless credit" . People seems to be losing sight of the "value" of money when it reduces to just a number on a screen.
Old 8th June 2019, 23:19   #35
BANNED

My PAYtm episode was also a terrifying ordeal that lasted for one whole year. I order the Fastag for 500rs through the paytm app on November 2017, It reached me a month later. It took three months to get it activated. There were instances when I was left stranded on their toll free help line for over FOUR HOURS before getting connected to somebody. They claimed that there was a 150rs balance by default so I tried a run and got blacklisted.

It took me two more months to get that rectified. Then came the compulsory KYC horror which was claimed as having been waived for transactions less than 10,000/- at the time when I was ordering the fastag.Had they told that at firat I might have got it done at first itself. But they put me through agony just by being unable to clarify when ever I corresponded with them, sometimes by putting the call on speaker and going about my day anxiously waiting for someone to pick up after being put on hold by the automatic answering IVR.

They simply kept stalling by just claiming to have escalated the issue and asking me to wait for further development.

Finally after ONE WHOLE YEAR of terrible wait I was finally able to get it outof them that I must drive ONE HUNDRED KMS away to a small shop in a nearby city to get the ekyc done.

Why did I put up with that? I do a minimum of of Four 1500km round trips every quarter which involved all night driving and I felt that the fastag will reduce the fatigue considerably. I wasn't having any other option either.

I would be glad to shift away from using the Fastag if I happen upon an option which allows me to use the same sticker.

My other car will not have PAYTM tag for sure neither will the ones I buy in future. I am in the process of trying to find an option other than paytm for our Ameo. I will try to opt for the google option.

Please do share the steps to recharge Fastag which was ordered through paytm using any other means.

Last edited by COMMUTER : 8th June 2019 at 23:46.
Old 9th June 2019, 07:33   #36
BHPian

Another update: The Paytm agent finally turned up and the KYC was done. Complaining on Pgportal does indeed work.
Interestingly, a few minutes after the KYC was done, I got another call from another Paytm agent offering to come home to get the kyc done. A few minutes after that, I got a call from Paytm, asking if they could close the complaint.

Why did I go thorough all this trouble? I hate paying bribes, and if someone demands a bribe, I make sure that I get the thing done without paying a bribe. Also, there was the small inconvenience that the snacks shop in office accepts only Paytm and cash.
Old 9th June 2019, 07:45   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by boniver View Post
I got my PayTM KYC done a year ago. This young chap came home on a bicycle in the rain, took a photo of my Aadhar card and uploaded it onto their app, and at the same time I received a notification stating KYC is complete. No charges paid whatsoever.
Exactly no hassles in Kolkata. I did last year when I found one Paytm t-shirt wearing guy with all Paytm branded gears standing on the roads in sector r
5 salt lake just outside my office. I approached him and with documents it was done in 5 mins.

It is of course true that I have moved to Google pay since it offers better flexibility including payment to uber being now postpaid through upi handle but Paytm still rocks in terms of wide acceptability at shops and allows paying from credit card.
Old 9th June 2019, 08:01   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by haisaikat View Post
Exactly no hassles in Kolkata. I did last year when I found one Paytm t-shirt wearing guy with all Paytm branded gears standing on the roads in sector r
5 salt lake just outside my office. I approached him and with documents it was done in 5 mins.
This reminds me, at that point of time (1-1.5 years ago), I used to routinely spot people wearing PayTM t-shirts at makeshift kiosks all over the city. These kiosks were set up specifically to enable customers to get hassle-free KYC done. In fact, PayTM used to offer cashback if you got your KYC done through these kiosks. If memory serves me right, the cashback amount offered was Rs. 100.

Of course, I couldn't avail any of these services since I'm perpetually late and couldn't stop anywhere to get my KYC done. Hence, got home KYC done at my convenience.
Old 9th June 2019, 16:37   #39
BHPian

My ordeal with the PAYTM KYC began by checking the list of KYC agents. Of the 25 or 30 agents listed on the Paytm website, most don't have working phone numbers. Finally located one who said they could do it but I ended up going about 5 times to the place - one or two times, the place was shut and other times usual response "server is down".
Finally got to do it and got the KYC done confirmation message in about 4 days. Had to also pay Rs.40/-for it.
My wife's KYC process was also similar but the KYC done message didnt come. I then sent a mail to Paytm escalation ombudsman and within 2 hours got a call - they said it was a technical error and they would send someone to my house within 2 days.
The person came and finally completed the KYC at home (without any payment). The only issue was they opened a PAYTM bank account in my wife's name which was not requested for. I immediately sent them a message through the PAYTM app and the account was closed within a day.
The entire process is quite frustrating and I hope PAYTM takes note of the numerous complaints regarding the process.
Old 9th June 2019, 20:31   #40
BHPian

I had booked an appointment to get KYC done with Amazon Pay. Only because they kept sending me repeated reminders. Cometh the date, not cometh the man. They simply raised a ticket and forgot all about it. And then I keep getting requests to finish my KYC. Go figure.
Old 9th June 2019, 20:34   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by invidious View Post
I had booked an appointment to get KYC done with Amazon Pay. Only because they kept sending me repeated reminders. Cometh the date, not cometh the man. They simply raised a ticket and forgot all about it. And then I keep getting requests to finish my KYC. Go figure.
I had the same problem with Amazon KYC. Kept waiting at home for the KYC and the agent never turned up.
Old 9th June 2019, 22:15   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR View Post
I have a simple solution - I don't use online services if an offline activation is involved. I thus stopped Uber eats, which does not accept cash and only PayTM is available as alternative.
Uber eats has currently added the option of adding a credit or debit card for direct payment but most people are not aware of it because they haven't advertised the same.
Old 10th June 2019, 08:00   #43
BHPian

I got my paytm kyc done a month back near BSK BDA complex. One agent said server is down, other said concerned person is not in town. The third agent got the kyc done in 10 mins but charged me 60 bucks. I hadn't read thru the T&C else would have paid him.

Amazon KYC was smooth. Uploaded documents and the very next day agent visited me at my office and it was completed the same day.

Ola KYC was another story. Booked appointment on their app and they completely forgot about sending an agent. But they kept sending reminders to get the KYC completed. I had forgotten about it and stopped bothering about it as I rarely use Ola cabs. Then one fine day out of the blue a guy calls and informs that he will come to complete the ola KYC. He visited office next day and it was completed the same day.
Old 10th June 2019, 10:01   #44

Recently got the KYC done for Amazon Pay and Paytm. Both had gone inactive since Feb for me :-(

For a long time Paytm app was showing me offline agencies only for KYC, it showed wrong locations of those places on the map too. There was is an open plot where supposedly one of the KYC shops is located ! Many of these offline places are small shops and I was not too comfortable handing over my documents there. One of my friends who did submit his documents there had to pay 25 Rs as service charges.
A few weeks back app started allowing me to book home visit for Paytm KYC. They did not come first time around, second time I asked him to come to office. Initially tried to do KYC via Aadhar biometric, kept failing. Luckily I had my passport in office and gave that as the alternate address proof. He did not ask me for any money. (Later on realized the reason the Biometric verification failed is because I had locked my biometrics. Good to know that the lock works )
Amazon Pay experience was a bit smoother, he came home, took scan of all the documents . No physical documents needed to be submitted. Again no payment was requested.
Old 14th June 2019, 08:39   #45
BHPian

I have done my KYC verification in the initial days of it.
At that point of time, they were coming home and was done for me without any niggles. So I should say I got an early bird offer.
But, now a days, all my friends were facing issue with regard to KYC even at shops. Though they are ready to pay(read as bribe)
They complained to Paytm on my advice. But it is of no use.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks