View Poll Results: Your choice?
Amazon 885 92.86%
Flipkart 68 7.14%
Voters: 953. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 22nd January 2024, 10:20   #226
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Re: Amazon vs Flipkart - Which do you prefer & why?

Just to compete with online price Flipkart keeps cheapest, low quality and unbranded products and most of the low cost products are either damaged or with some parts missing in the package. And some cheap products also listed under high price range. But Amazon keeps upcoming brands and known brands and they properly choose the vendors. Their service is also good. Most of the time they deliver it much before the time or deliver it on time. Flipkart delivery is occasionally on time or it gets delayed by a day or two. Flipkart initially was very good but now it has become cheap online market.

Last edited by Sheel : 13th March 2024 at 18:04. Reason: Typo.
Old 22nd January 2024, 16:37   #227
BHPian

Since both Flipkart and Amazon is now opting for service center replacements - I prefer going to a brick and mortar store. Much better support in case things go south. For inconsequential purchases - I go where it is cheaper. But most of my big ticket purchases were from Flipkart - because the sale prices are better. Never had a problem (I stick to reputed sellers with good rating).

I have had my fair share of issues with Amazon customer care (denying return even after clearly sharing proof that there was a bug in their interface - they told me I had a chance of verifying the product in summary page. I had to return it twice to get a refund - what a waste of time and resources). They used to be great.
thomahawk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th January 2024, 11:07   #228
BHPian

Amazon's customer service used to be good, but it has gone downhill. I ordered a TV from them and as the installation was not provided by the OEM, Amazon offered me an installation service from their end for an additional amount, which I opted for. They were supposed to install the TV on the 22nd, today is the 25th and they have not installed it yet. The main problem is the customer support executives, most of the people are working from home I guess, and they are disconnected from the core team. All they are saying now is scripts which are useless. Also, Amazon's CS team used to be very professional, now I hear a lot of background noise, people arguing, televisions or music players and everything in between. If you tell them you can't hear them properly, they just hang up. They now address customers as 'buddy, mate', there is nothing wrong with being called buddy or mate, but you are not prepared for that! The icing on the cake is that they ask for the order ID and when you give them the ID, they pick up the wrong item, they can't even distinguish between the TV itself and the installation, which are two different orders with different order IDs. I think it's time to go back to the brick-and-mortar stores for big ticket items.
tchsvy is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th January 2024, 11:27   #229
BHPian

Have been using Amazon from the time they started India operations. Ordered a gaming chair from Amazon, which turned out to be defective. Shared the pics, and return request was approved and created immediately. After a day or so, the return request mysteriously got closed, and on enquiring Amazon springs a surprise by requesting the return to be initiated and shipped by customer using third party services. Item cost 9000/-. Return Shipping cost 3000/-! Anyway, asked for written proof from Amazon for reimbursement of the Shipping Cost, which they obliged.

Also a new trend for validated calls from/to Amazon customer support is asking the customer for 'Order ID'. Not sure who would come prepared with a 15 digit order ID, or is this an attempt to pushback? Almost always, interaction with support can be initiated only for the particular order, so the reason for asking Order ID?? Well!!

Last edited by xotiq : 25th January 2024 at 11:31.
xotiq is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th March 2024, 20:11   #230
BHPian

Been an Amazon customer from a very long time, due to a - not so good experience with Flipkart some years back, after that, I never bothered to use Flipkart AT ALL.
Now - I was planning to replace my Nokia 8.1 with the MOST SUITABLE (for me) replacement with the Google Pixel 8 or the rumored soon to be launched pixel 8A.
Unfortunately for me, for what ever reasons, these phone are sold ONLY on Flipkart.

Now the frustration / irritation starts
Flipkart wont allow me reset my password, wont allow me to reset the account, tried on desktop, downloaded the app on my phone, Unable to create new account as I use only one mobile number, tried calling their AMAZING customer call - some one should try that - I don't see ANY point of that useless helpline number which replies in an automated voice and cuts the call. Their helpline pages are not working either - desktop or mobile app. Finally after searching on the internet, I got an account reset link, which is asking me to mail my government ID proof at their accountverification at flipkart dot com address. So decided not to bother ever with FK or resetting the account.

Now have to look for OTHER means, if I decide to buy that pixel.
Old 13th March 2024, 16:43   #231
Senior - BHPian

Never wrestle with a pig. You will both get dirty and the pig likes it.

I sort of wrestled with amazon for nearly twenty five minutes and found out the true meaning of this phrase. The issue was a minor refund of a few hundred rupees, pending for a month. An Appario Retail shipped order had unilaterally been cancelled but the prepaid amount hadn't been credited.

All routes to contact the customer care number were going in circles. When I did manage to reach it, an executive took ten minutes to confuse me saying that I should be contacting my bank about this. This, when the refund hadn't even been initiated. When I persisted, she simply cut the call.

The next attempt to reach them ended up costing me five minutes - no one bothered to come on line after calling me. It was then that I felt I should pursue this to the logical end. I reached out after a while and this time another executive managed to sight the plain, glaring truth - that the item had not been delivered, nor has a refund been initiated.

Although it again took her around ten minutes, she finally offered to credit it back to my card. Knowing that it would take another two days of wait and possibly a couple more calls, I asked her to drop the refund into my amazon pay wallet.

Two things stood out to me:

1. Reaching a human being to resolve an issue on amazon.in is very very tough.
2. The communication skills of the cc executives needs a drastic improvement.
Old 13th March 2024, 17:00   #232
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dailydriver View Post
[center]
Two things stood out to me:

1. Reaching a human being to resolve an issue on amazon.in is very very tough.
2. The communication skills of the cc executives needs a drastic improvement.
Had an issue with an order last week. My item reached destination city but got a message that due to some issue they cannot deliver, replacement order is placed by them, and I was ok with that. I got similar message for the replacement order as well after reaching the destination city. I reached out to customer care and they processed the refund immediately. Are you a prime member?
Latheesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2024, 17:58   #233
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Are you a prime member?
I was, but no longer am.

For me, amazon had always been better than Flipkart. These days, one is competing with the other - in terms of shoddy customer service.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks