Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Your choice?
Amazon 885 92.86%
Flipkart 68 7.14%
Voters: 953. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 21st January 2022, 16:15   #181
BHPian

Re: Amazon vs Flipkart - Which do you prefer & why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Question regarding returns on Amazon:

I had ordered a camera battery (non OE, since OE is not available). The battery is defective and I have placed a return/replace request. I didnt see a refund option. Did I miss the correct option, or is there a hybrid model of

1. replace first/only
2. they try to replace, and if that doesnt work, then give a refund ?
I am not sure if you have observed it or not. Amazon and FK, both have removed 'Refund' option for all the electronics stuff. Now, only the 'Replace' option will be available. You can see this information clearly mentioned in the product page.
kavensri is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th February 2022, 15:12   #182
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys, any idea how does Flipkart view one return too many ?

I had ordered one item, which turned out defective. I returned it and ordered a different model from the same seller, however this one is defective too. Hence return #2.

I wanted to order a 3rd item in the same category. I am favoring Flipkart due to the refund/replace option available. (Amazon refunds are a long drawn process) (Thanks, @Kavensri, for the answer above).

Does Flipkart track the number of returns, even if we have valid reasons ? If tracked - do they throttle the refund option ?
Old 5th February 2022, 16:02   #183
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Guys, any idea how does Flipkart view one return too many ?
In 2020, I had a similar sequence of events when I had to return two orders in succession. Both products turned out to be of poor quality. There were no issues with the returns, nor with placing orders subsequent to that with FK.
adisan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2022, 16:08   #184
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Does Flipkart track the number of returns, even if we have valid reasons ? If tracked - do they throttle the refund option ?
Returned a 65” VU TV twice in July 2020 and the second time I did not get an option to replace. It was just a 100% refund. They will not throttle the refund in my opinion. Amazon blocked accounts that returned items often but they did not block the money. Same should apply to Flipkart as well. Blocking money is a comsumer forum matter and bad publicity. For such a large company, it is better to block such accounts.

I am sure Flipkart must be having an algorithm to monitor refund percentage by a customer but I think you need not worry if you return few times a year. By the way, those who order clothes online return the items or exchange them often. Maybe those items are not tracked.

By the way, Flipkart is acting weird off late. I ordered two denim jeans online and only was despatched by Retailnet. Flipkart bothered me a lot before giving the refund. They would call twice daily to ask what my “issues” were. Everytime I would explain the non despatch and no refund. They would say that refund would be processed after 2-3 days. Finally I told them to keep the money and stop bothering me. The money was promptly refunded after that.
PaddleShifter is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th February 2022, 16:41   #185
Distinguished - BHPian

@adisan & @Paddleshifter, thank you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaddleShifter View Post
By the way, Flipkart is acting weird off late. I ordered two denim jeans online and only was despatched by Retailnet.
Were these Flikpart assured items or seller fulfilled ?
condor is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 5th February 2022, 17:57   #186
Senior - BHPian

Yes, the seller was RetailNet and it was a Flipkart assured item.
Old 23rd October 2022, 06:57   #187
Senior - BHPian

For past many years, Amazon was clearly better for me, mainly due to proper customer care and grievance redressal system.

But lately, Amazon also has sunk to pathetic levels. I have no faith even with Amazon CC now, it's as good or bad as FK now.

So I had purchased engine oil from Amazon and the way it was packed was those 3 cans thrown into a big cardboard box, some small piece of crumpled brown paper to go along. That's all. No uptight direction marking, no fragile marking. During transit, these boxes get thrown along and as feared, couple of cans arrived leaking though the dumbos at Amazon had used some cellophane tape on the caps. The leak had stained the cardboard box as well.

Immediately clicked pics and contacted CC. They wasted my time for 30 mins and looked at pics and mentioned Amazon has a new format for pics, click pics and place a sheet of paper with my name and date near the damaged items in one frame and contact them again.

I did so, contacted, and the guy kept telling me that my pic is not complete, and he cannot see my paper piece fully though it was full as the app allows to submit only after full upload is done. He was still peddling the same story so asked for his email. He says he has no email. And he was in a hurry to cut my call and move on. After I persuade, he shares a mail ID and this time I attach my pics in email and send. Again he started peddling incomplete pic story which annoyed me. I told him I can show you proof by screenshots from my sent items that pic is complete, can you show similar proof? He just said call is audited so I cannot chest. I was like yeah right, how many such calls are properly being audited in the first place. I insisted i speak to his manager and reluctantly he connected.

The lady just heard me out and thanked for sharing pics and they are "investigating" and I need to call them after 3 days. I mentioned I cannot call and waste another one hour, why should I call and you cannot email? Already I had wasted close to 90 mins with stupid CC folks. She said she can email and asked anything else and I ask her why is her executive lying to the face that picture is incomplete? For that she says she is sorry for miscommunication and again just wanted to hang up. Seemed like template responses the whole thing.

I then emailed my issue again to Amazon, copying few big guns too, with pictures attached. Got a host of template responses as expected. On day 2, another CC executive called me and asked details. Mentioned the same and she asked me share pics of the packaging. I shared again.

On day 3, received an email with blatant lies, mentioning that delivery executive noticed outer packaging damage and mentioned to me but still I chose to receive the package so case closed.

This incident totally shook my faith on Amazon and now am wary of buying from them. Even considering cancelling my prime subscription.

I would recommend NOT to purchase such non-returnable items from Amazon since their CC has gotten notorious.

Will also consider filing a consumer complaint against Amazon for this incident.
DRIV3R is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2022, 08:36   #188
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

I have been using both Amazon and Flipkart for a decent stretch of time. My experience has always been good at both the sites. My return experiences have been uneventful too. When I bought a new 65 " Tv, I exchanged my old micromax 42 , and Flipkart gave me 7500 whereas Amazon was offering 2200.Exchange rates are much better in Flipkart even for phones as well. Delivery experience is good on both counts in my experience.
Old 23rd October 2022, 09:04   #189
BHPian

Very strange survey results on this thread. Amazon grabs the mindshare, but in the real world, Flipkart grabs the walletshare.
Old 23rd October 2022, 10:22   #190
Senior - BHPian

Looks like many customers in the recent past have suffered similar fate. In my case atleast it was engine oil but this particular one has spent close to 18k on a phone.

https://www.consumercomplaints.in/am...phone-c3338978

Here's another case where customer has returned product but Amazon yet to refund.

https://www.consumercomplaints.in/am...mazon-c3338708

And here's one more where they have not delivered required products and have washed their hands off.

https://www.consumercomplaints.in/am...ttery-c3337872

There are many more but modus operandi remains the same. I am skeptical now to trust Amazon.
Old 23rd October 2022, 14:17   #191
BHPian

Purchased a smart watch through Amazon. Did not notice that item was replaceable only. As the watch was not performing well, I asked for refund. Customer Care told me that refund is not possible as it was an item with 'replacement' only, but if I found the replacement watch also to be defective, I can get the refund. So, I got a new watch as replacement, which was also not performing well. I asked for refund and they refunded the amount.

That was a good experience, otherwise I expected them to direct me to the manufacturer as the item was 'replacement' only category.
Old 23rd October 2022, 14:50   #192
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NH08 View Post
Purchased a smart watch through Amazon. Did not notice that item was replaceable only. As the watch was not performing well, I asked for refund. Customer Care told me that refund is not possible as it was an item with 'replacement' only, but if I found the replacement watch also to be defective, I can get the refund. So, I got a new watch as replacement, which was also not performing well. I asked for refund and they refunded the amount.

That was a good experience, otherwise I expected them to direct me to the manufacturer as the item was 'replacement' only category.
That's so unique about these guys. I have replaced/returned a few items witjinn the replacement/return window, something that is harder in the offline world.
Old 25th October 2022, 12:49   #193
BHPian

Some recent experiences.

Flipkart:
I placed an order for a Titan clock with a white dial and black frame and received a clock with a white dial and silver frame, albeit a Titan. Since it was a good looking clock I decided to install it in my bedroom and placed another order for the clock I wanted, and this time got another Titan clock with a black dial and black frame. Fed up with Flipkart, I sent it back and fished out our old Casio clock out of the attic and sent it for repair. Now the Casio tick tocks instead of Sweep, but I will live with that.

Amazon:
When our Induction died and we wanted to get one ASAP, I placed an order for a Philips with same day delivery. The order quickly moved to out-for-delivery but the item never arrived. Multiple calls to customer care went in vain, as they promised to look into it but nothing happened. So I placed an order in Flipkart and got it in 2 days. A few days later I cancelled the Amazon order and received a refund.

A few days ago I placed another same day delivery order for a Havells extension board and - no surprise - it never arrived. After several calls with customer service and no resolution, I cancelled the order. This time the order simply disappeared from the order list and I didn't get any refund. Now if I contact customer care I don't even have an order id to quote.
Old 25th October 2022, 13:28   #194
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonfire View Post

A few days ago I placed another same day delivery order for a Havells extension board and - no surprise - it never arrived. After several calls with customer service and no resolution, I cancelled the order. This time the order simply disappeared from the order list and I didn't get any refund. Now if I contact customer care I don't even have an order id to quote.
Order Id should be in email confirmation as well ?
rjainv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2022, 14:58   #195
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonfire View Post
Some recent experiences.

On your Amazon orders page, if you click on the filter button, you should be able to choose cancelled orders.
ajayc123 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks