Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Your choice?
Amazon 885 92.86%
Flipkart 68 7.14%
Voters: 953. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 23rd October 2019, 14:19   #61
BHPian

Re: Amazon vs Flipkart - Which do you prefer & why?

I prefer Amazon while I'm ordering something here in Bangalore
But When I order something for my native , I prefer Flipkart. I feel Flipkart have more delivery penetration in rural areas

As far as Mobile App interface, I like Flipkart
Old 23rd October 2019, 14:34   #62
BHPian

My very first online shopping was with Flipkart. Back in those days, I was searching for specific books related to aerospace and was finding it difficulty to see in market (Avenue road Bangalore). This led me to search in google and the very first website appeared was Flipkart. What more? They provided door delivery service.
From that day onwards, I started using Flipkart extensively. Year on year huge improvements in their product list. They ruled the market for several years and made some significant profits which actually attracted Amazon.

Flipkart knew Amazon will overtake their market and they did. I must admit that Amazon had strong marketing team in India. They tied up with so many sellers which Flipkart didn't imagine. Amazon is a giant in e-commerce business and they know how to control the market. Their excellent customer service, various products, speed delivery and their famous iconic logo caught the attention everywhere. I still remember Amazon introduced their shopping application in mobiles where Flipkart was still trying to develop the app. Happy to be corrected if this is wrong statement.

My personal opinion is Flipkart was not so aggressive in marketing.

Till today I shop both in Amazon and Flipkart. But I don't see much difference other than few product price differences. I am sure there are same sellers on both the sites and it doesn't matter with respect to products.
What stands apart for these both companies is their marketing style, customer service, festival deals and various product catalogue. These are the ones which attracts people to shop in these websites.
Old 23rd October 2019, 14:39   #63
Distinguished - BHPian

Am an exclusive Amazon user. My wife does use Myntra / Flipkart on occasion, but she also uses smaller e-commerce sites mainly for furnishings. Have the Flipkart app - can’t remember when I last opened it.

Was amazed to see how overwhelming the bias in favour of Amazon is in this poll - tells us something about the demographics in Team BHP - but even then, I’d didn’t expect such dominance.
Old 23rd October 2019, 14:45   #64
BHPian

Amazon - Purely for their excellent customer support & TAT in various aspects of the shopping experience.

What Flipkart and many Indian e-commerce companies and offline retailers fail to realize is the power of being pro-customer. I was dealing with Flipkart until Amazon established a strong base here in India. While my experience with Flipkart was decent, I did have have trouble every now and then where they try to shift the onus on you to deal with the seller if the problem is not easy to solve. The TAT was also not impressive. With Amazon, if you are buying a product with the backing of 'Amazon Fulfilled', life is just easy. If you find you have been short-changed in any way, you just raise it with Amazon and you always have an solution in a reasonable time. I am yet to come across as situation where I have been let down by Amazon & I shop extensively on Amazon including the monthly groceries. Amazon doesn't count their pennies. Its my opinion that most other Indian companies do the inverse resulting in not so great customer interaction. Before Amazon the concept of easy returns was alien to our country though I have to rue that our ever smart fellow citizens find a way to misuse the system! Perhaps Fliplkart has fixed the short-comings from their initial days and are probably on par with Amazon today, but I have never bothered going back to their platform after I started with Amazon.

Last edited by SR-71 : 23rd October 2019 at 14:54.
Old 23rd October 2019, 15:08   #65
BHPian

Voted for Amazon

I'm an avid online shopper, ~90% of my shopping is done online, be it electronics, gadgets, household items, travel, entertainment, groceries etc. I've been shopping online since 2005/2006 when ebay.in used to be the only big online player in India and I've seen how the transformation has taken place. Till 2-3 years back, most of my orders used to go to Snapdeal.com as they used to be cheaper in apple to apple comparison for most of the products. However, since their downfall, Amazon became my preferred destination as due to Prime, deliveries are faster and price-wise, they are almost similar/5-10% +- in comparison with Flipkart.

There are fake products in both the marketplaces, specially in the apparel category so I prefer websites of individual brands (most of the brands these days have their own website for online purchase) and Shoppers Stop.
Old 23rd October 2019, 15:10   #66
BHPian

To be honest, the only reason I used the services of Flipkart was to buy my PlayStation 4, additional controllers and around 10 games.
Reason: Flipkart gave me the option of combining the entire order and accepted the payment through Bajaj FinServ EMI Card.
However, the deliveries were not upto the mark with additional delays for the console itself.
Old 23rd October 2019, 15:31   #67

To be honest, Amazon seems to be losing quality. Even established products seem to be lower quality than what I get in the market. Always a problem when you play the volumes game.

I've used Flipkart a few times and was satisfied but never blown away. It does its job well.

Amazon has never faltered when I ask for a one-day delivery on these. Amazon is an easy winner simply because of their prowess at deliveries. No one can match their delivery efficiency.

Product quality is more or less the same but Flipkart gets a slight edge in some product categories thanks to a smaller number of vendors which allows better quality control for the brand.

In my opinion, when shopping online, try and stick to products from well-known brands and/or highly rated vendors to avoid nasty surprises. I personally give a slight advantage to Amazon because I know that the deliveries are fuss-free.
Old 23rd October 2019, 15:56   #68
BHPian

Mine doesn't seem to be the popular choice here, but I prefer Flipkart.

My experience has been relatively better with Flipkart despite using both almost the same number of times. I've never got a fake/damaged product from Flipkart till date whereas I just ended up returning 3/4 items that I bought from Amazon this Diwali sale. This despite always sticking to Amazon/Flipkart certified sellers.

This has happened so frequently to me that I do not order from Amazon anything that's urgently needed (always keep buffer time for return/reorder).
Old 23rd October 2019, 17:57   #69
mxx
BHPian

While most products I have purchased in Amazon have next day or 2 day delivery, Flipkart rarely have quick delivery times - except for mobiles and laptops. So, I use amazon more than flipkart.

Flipkart's search is the worst. Very difficult to find a product and usually I find it when I use google search instead

Last edited by mxx : 23rd October 2019 at 17:59.
Old 23rd October 2019, 18:06   #70
BHPian

Amazon for me. One rider, I do buy from Flipkart. Items/brands not available on Amazon (my Asus phone) & my wife buys furnishings like curtains from Flipkart. Also some offbeat items like - Styrofoam Bean Bag Fillers (oh yes you can actually buy that online), I have purchased from Flipkart.

My go-to shopping app remains Amazon. I value the reviews section. Its a great sounding board for big-ticket buys. I have bought photography gear and the reviews on Amazon.com, have helped immensely.
Old 23rd October 2019, 20:05   #71
BHPian

Most of my purchases comes from flipkart since I have plus membership and better offers when comparing with Amazon. However, flipkart has a lot of fraudster sellers and I've got fake products two times. But their customer service was really prompt and have offered me refund every time even for a product with no return policy.

Once I ordered a tynor cervical pillow from flipkart for my neck pain and the product rating and the pictures were all good. The price was also almost 40% less than store price. The delivery happened to my hometown in 2 days, but I was shocked to find a cheap cushion stuffed inside a really dirty leather cover, without any original packaging. Also the shape was also not as supposed to be, it was just a rectangular dirty piece. Now I have switched to amazon for products that are not in the fmcg segment, since most of the fraudulent sellers are operating on this less ordered products.

Last edited by navin : 24th October 2019 at 12:10. Reason: typo
Old 23rd October 2019, 20:09   #72
VVN
BHPian

Amazon for me. The experience is so much better. Delivery is almost always on time and I have been pretty much satisfied with the products I have ordered so far. I did use Flipkart initially but it never appealed to me. Like many Bhpians here, I go to Flipkart to compare prices of products that exceed 10k or when the product is out of stock on Amazon.
Old 23rd October 2019, 20:12   #73
BHPian

Prefer amazon over flipkart

- For faster delivery and ability to ship to multiple locations in one order
- Better user interface
- More user reviews compared to flipkart
- Prime video/music
- I liked their return polices as well
- Icici credit card with its rewards linked to amazon pay

Last edited by Renjith Rajan : 23rd October 2019 at 20:16.
Old 23rd October 2019, 20:31   #74
BHPian

Prefer amazon over Flipkart

- Amazon Prime benefits of Prime Music and Video + you can use it on multiple devices simultaneously unlike Netflix
- Prime Now for groceries. 2 hours delivery
- Faster delivery and ability to ship to multiple locations in one order
- Best user interface
- More user reviews compared to Flipkart
- Super return polices as well
- Icici credit card with its rewards linked to amazon pay
- Customer service and action against fraud sellers.

I have shopped on both platforms and have had bad experience with both but when complained Amazon blocked the seller while flipkart apologized and never blocked the seller. IMHO you may end up with a dud product from Flipkart than Amazon. Hope the Walmart take over improves Flipkart.
Old 23rd October 2019, 22:19   #75
MMV
BHPian

Amazon by far is better in terms of QoS, process etc. However Flipkart (Post Walmart acquisition) is improving fast and has entered all areas catered to by Amazon. Amazon prime video and firestick is an area that Flipkart has to add to it's bouquet of offerings though.
Surely customer is going to gain as long as healthy competition remains and no cartels are formed.

Last edited by MMV : 23rd October 2019 at 22:21.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks