View Poll Results: Your choice?
Amazon 885 92.86%
Flipkart 68 7.14%
Voters: 953. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 12th July 2021, 17:55   #151
anb
BHPian

Re: Amazon vs Flipkart - Which do you prefer & why?

I prefer Amazon over Flipkart. Flipkart delivery is very slow and not up to the standards set by Amazon.
Old 12th July 2021, 18:48   #152
BHPian

I avail services of both Amazon and Flipkart. What I have noticed is, for a product I generally find more number of user reviews and ratings on Flipkart compared to Amazon. I am unaware of the reason behind this, but the reviews and more specifically the ratings certainly help choosing a product.
Old 12th July 2021, 19:27   #153
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emvi View Post
I avail services of both Amazon and Flipkart. What I have noticed is, for a product I generally find more number of user reviews and ratings on Flipkart compared to Amazon. I am unaware of the reason behind this, but the reviews and more specifically the ratings certainly help choosing a product.
95% of them are fake on both websites.
Red Liner is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th July 2021, 09:00   #154
Distinguished - BHPian

I seldom purchase items from Flipkart. Only when it's not available on Amazon, I choose Flipkart. I won't mind spending extra on Amazon rather than going for Flipkart. My 3 recent orders on Flipkart was delayed. Shipping was reasonable but it's the issue with delivery partners. It take 2-3 days to deliver items from the nearest hub. And yesterday they delivered at 10.15pm. The delivery guy said "Load was heavy today". Guess he is only dude delivering items in entire Kochi.

While amazon delivers on the said delivery date before noon or even before the committed date.

Anyways, this image shows which one I prefer.

Name:  Screenshot_1.png
Views: 1178
Size:  14.1 KB

Name:  Screenshot_2.png
Views: 1164
Size:  12.0 KB
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2021, 10:06   #155
BHPian

I prefer Amazon over Flipkart generally. Flipkart is chosen only if something specific is not available on Amazon - like Google products, some other brands/products exclusively for sale on Flipkart etc.

The issue resolution system of Amazon is simply top notch - I have returned/got refunded for even non-returnable items hassle free, by doing 5 minute chat with customer representative, multiple times. This happened when I purchased UPS which arrived broken and damaged. After chatting with the customer care, I was refunded for the same, even though the UPS is a non returnable item due to the large battery present in it. All I had to do was to upload the pictures of the damage, and bill and the unboxing video if available (I always do this for proof, just in case the package is compromised/damaged inside).

I have not experienced issues with any Flipkart purchase/delivery yet, but going by experience of friends, they cant be compared with that of Amazon. Amazon also has very good reach in rural areas although deliveries can be delayed compared to metro/city areas.
Old 27th July 2021, 11:33   #156
BHPian

For smaller purchases like fashion accessories, electronics, home and kitchen, etc its always Amazon. I love the whole user experience on the platform. However, i have depended on Flipkart for those one or two orders every year that are pricier: air conditioner, mobiles, furniture, laptop, etc.

Coming to think of it, I don't know why this is so! I always compare products on both platforms but the items with high sticker price are always purchased on Flipkart though i would vote for Amazon any day just like i did in this poll..!
abhi7013 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2021, 12:28   #157
BHPian

My go to was always Amazon, but this is slowly tilting in favor of Flipkart over the past one year.
I made several big ticket purchases (Refrigerators, washing machines, mobile phones) on exchange through Flipkart, and had great experience and the offers were better compared to Amazon.

Also, at least one or two orders of Grocery shopping in Flipkart per month regularly, while pantry orders have become rare.

Recharges are still through Amazon pay, when there are offers.
Old 27th July 2021, 12:35   #158
BHPian

Amazon it is, for me. Also, because of the Prime Membership, it proves to be a paisa vasool, considering majority products get delivered within 2 days, and sometimes even within 12 hrs! Also, for some reason, I keep getting a feeling that Amazon has better quality checks than Flipkart.

I shop via Flipkart only when something is specifically not available on Amazon. Flipkart has a huge number of unscrupulous sellers and the delivery, even in Mumbai is shoddy to say the least!
Old 27th July 2021, 12:46   #159
Senior - BHPian

Am majorly on amazon these days due to couple of reasons:

1. Their entire ecosystem. AmazonPay, video, prime, music all within 999/year.
2. Icici amazon pay card is free of annual charges & has unlimited 5% cashback on all purchases on amazon(plus 3% cashback on uber). Rest purchases 1% cashback.
3. Delivery duration and refund/return policy is kinda hasslefree.

P.S: Am yet to do any big ticket purchases(20k+)on amazon though. I prefer doing it by physically visiting croma or similar stores. Just paranoid

Last edited by SoumenD : 27th July 2021 at 13:02.
Old 28th July 2021, 16:18   #160
Senior - BHPian

I ordered a smartwatch and few other items from Amazon in the prime day sale.

Recieved a pair of shoes and Watch case in a single package today. Upon opening the watch case there was no watch and no charger and only a single booklet. Called CC and they have issued a replacement. This is the first time of my using Amazon since ages that something like this has happened. I didn't make a video of unboxing but CC didn't ask for any proof and straight away issued the replacement. Such customer service can't be expected from Flipkart.
harry10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th July 2021, 11:23   #161

had two recent poor experinces with Amazon recently.
Ordered a mobile phone on Amazon on 14th July. Promised delivery date was 15th. On 15th evening got a message saying mobile delivered but i did not get it. Called up customer service and had to fight with them for 5 days while they gave all sort of excuses like the mobile would have been received by the security, neighbours etc. After 6 days they refunded the money.
On the prime day sale yesterday oredered for an oneplus nord2. First while ordering Amazon was showing delivery date of 29th july, now it has gone to 4th of Aug. 8 days for a prime customer?
n.arun01 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2021, 12:35   #162
BHPian

Had an absolute crap experience with Flipkart, once again proving that their customer service is an absolute joke.

I had ordered a phone with exchange option on 12th July with some excellent discount. By 19th the order was cancelled with the reason " The delivery partner was unable to deliver to your location". So they trap a customer with good offers, and then cancel the order. Fine, whatever.

The order was partly paid with credit card and gift card. The credit card amount was refunded after a few days, and the gift card amount was to be refunded to the wallet. So far that has not been done, even after repeated calls. Each time I get the usual "will be resolved in 24 hrs" crap. Today I called again and even after 15 minutes of BS talk, there is still no resolution. Finally he said he will transfer the call to his superior.

Now here comes the absolute shit part! He talks with some lady, forgetting to put my call on hold. It was clearly heard (and I have call recording) he was telling the lady "I will say transfer and cut the call" . And as expected, he said he is going to transfer and cut the call!

Seriously, why did I ever use Flipkart
GeneralJazz is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th July 2021, 14:17   #163
BHPian

I have been shopping from Amazon and FK since 2013. Earlier, it used to be heavily from FK, but later the tide shifted towards Amazon. But, whenever I have to buy an item, I do compare the prices before buying. I will buy from Amazon if the price is same. But if there is a difference, then I will buy from where the cost is less. Clothes and groceries are still heavily brought from FK because of cost and collections.
I had so many interactions with CC from both Amazon and FK (more with Amazon because of number of items brought here compared to FK) and never once I had any issue. Every time, my issue has been resolved to my satisfaction.
Even few days back, I had this standard issue of ‘status showing item delivered, but in real it is not’ with both Amazon and FK. Both the issues were resolved to my satisfaction.

Since I started using HDFC Smartbuy GV to do the shopping from Amazon and FK, I use Amazon for bill payment and generic stuff, where as I use FK for groceries, clothes and some household stuff.

Overall, I am quite happy with both Amazon and FK.
Old 30th July 2021, 22:55   #164
BHPian

Cheap items are better managed on Amazon, for 20k plus I feel more comfortable with Flipkart. A recent prime day order of Mi Vaccum is my latest pain, with an invoice bearing an amazon SKU# that is untraceable on the device package. The customer care service just doesn't care for a simple invoice update, and keeps taking one in circles between emails, tweets and calls and even hangs up with no regards.
Old 30th July 2021, 23:34   #165
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
I ordered a smartwatch and few other items from Amazon in the prime day sale.

Recieved a pair of shoes and Watch case in a single package today. Upon opening the watch case there was no watch and no charger and only a single booklet. Called CC and they have issued a replacement. This is the first time of my using Amazon since ages that something like this has happened. I didn't make a video of unboxing but CC didn't ask for any proof and straight away issued the replacement. Such customer service can't be expected from Flipkart.
Update on this-

Recieved the replacement next day and this time watch and charger were there in the pack. Now on I am making a video of every electronics purchase even if it's from Amazon.

Also, I think Customer service experience is different for Prime members and non prime members. FYI I am a prime member since it was introduced in India.
Attached Thumbnails
Amazon vs Flipkart - Which do you prefer & why?-20210730_210926.jpg  

Last edited by harry10 : 30th July 2021 at 23:36.
harry10 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed