Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th January 2021, 22:24   #61

Re: The Federal Express Entry program, Canada : My experience

Hello all, I was just going to get started on the education credentials assessment part of my PR process. I am sort of confused if I should get both my undergrad and master's degrees evaluated by WES or should it be just the master's degree? The canada.ca website states that only the highest qualification needs to be assessed. Can someone please clarify?
Old 7th January 2021, 01:31   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhil994 View Post
An Update !... The application has been approved. Passport to be picked up tomorrow for stamping and issuing the Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR) document.
Congratulations. Wish you the very best in all your future endeavors.

Can you please share how much time did it take to do your background verification after submission of all credentials? I'm planning to apply in June 2021, as I'm waiting for a IELTS test center in US to open.
landcruiser123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th January 2021, 10:50   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepravi View Post
Hello all, I was just going to get started on the education credentials assessment part of my PR process. I am sort of confused if I should get both my undergrad and master's degrees evaluated by WES or should it be just the master's degree? The canada.ca website states that only the highest qualification needs to be assessed. Can someone please clarify?
Where did you get your masters degree from? Since WES is very finicky in awarding masters for Indian institutions. Other evaluation agencies are a better bet.

If your score post Masters would be reasonably good, you can go ahead with evaluating only the Masters degree, but if you were to also look for PNP options, then you might need to get both done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by landcruiser123 View Post
Congratulations. Wish you the very best in all your future endeavors.

Can you please share how much time did it take to do your background verification after submission of all credentials? I'm planning to apply in June 2021, as I'm waiting for a IELTS test center in US to open.
Well, I submitted my application on 31st January 2020 and I got email to submit passport on 8th December 2020. The timeline earlier used to be more around 7 months, but COVID has disrupted that heavily.
akhil994 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th January 2021, 16:23   #64

Quote:
Where did you get your masters degree from? Since WES is very finicky in awarding masters for Indian institutions. Other evaluation agencies are a better bet.

If your score post Masters would be reasonably good, you can go ahead with evaluating only the Masters degree, but if you were to also look for PNP options, then you might need to get both done.
So I finished my BBA from Christ University, Bangalore. Then, I went on to pursue my Masters in Management from The University of Auckland, New Zealand. Now, I'm back in India initiating my PR process.
Old 15th January 2021, 11:11   #65
BHPian

UPDATE:

Received my passport with one time visa last week. The validity of the same is till 30th May 2021. Resigned from my firm the same time I received my passport

Hoping to see some relaxations in travel restrictions. Aiming to travel by end of April!

Quote:
So I finished my BBA from Christ University, Bangalore. Then, I went on to pursue my Masters in Management from The University of Auckland, New Zealand. Now, I'm back in India initiating my PR process.
In this case, you should not have any issue with evaluating your Masters. I would say go ahead with WES since it is the fastest and get both your credentials evaluated (since WES does not charge anything extra for more than 1 credential)

Last edited by akhil994 : 15th January 2021 at 11:14.
akhil994 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th January 2021, 15:09   #66
AZT
BHPian

Quote:
UPDATE:

Received my passport with one time visa last week. The validity of the same is till 30th May 2021. Resigned from my firm the same time I received my passport
Congrats man! Your thread has been super informative. Wish you the best
Old 15th January 2021, 15:15   #67
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
The validity of the same is till 30th May 2021.
Hoping to see some relaxations in travel restrictions. Aiming to travel by end of April!
Good Luck .

There are no restrictions to travel to Canada on Immigration Visa. You will need a Covid test before boarding and 14 days mandatory quarantine on arrival.
Old 15th January 2021, 15:20   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZT View Post
Congrats man! Your thread has been super informative. Wish you the best
Thank you! Hoping for the best

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Good Luck .

There are no restrictions to travel to Canada on Immigration Visa. You will need a Covid test before boarding and 14 days mandatory quarantine on arrival.
Thank you !

As per IRCC's restrictions, people who were issued Confirmation of Permanent Residence before 18th March 2020 can travel. Post 18th March 2020, only people who have immediate/extended family there can travel.

However, a lot of people have been just taking the flights (Air Canada majorly) and are not being stopped by CBSA. CBSA gives mixed responses too, some officials say that if the airlines allow you to board, you can travel, while some say the 18th March rule applies.

Those who are traveling currently are doing so at risk of being denied boarding by the airlines. However no person is being turned back once they land in Canada. So that's that.

Anyway I have to serve a 3 month notice, hoping by that time this 18th March rule is removed. If not, I am going to fly nonetheless
akhil994 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th January 2021, 16:05   #69
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
However, a lot of people have been just taking the flights (Air Canada majorly) and are not being stopped by CBSA.
Yes, I have seen some fellow passengers in September. Tweet Air Canada and see their response. Or just book a ticket with AC and reach little early- 4 hours or so. If they allow, it's fine else cancel. They are flexible with the tickets. For the first time, I could do changes 3 times without paying a cent.
Old 15th January 2021, 16:28   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Yes, I have seen some fellow passengers in September. Tweet Air Canada and see their response. Or just book a ticket with AC and reach little early- 4 hours or so. If they allow, it's fine else cancel. They are flexible with the tickets. For the first time, I could do changes 3 times without paying a cent.
That is what I have planned to do in fact. In case the restrictions are not eased up, I plan to book and reach airport well in advance so that I can cancel/reschedule and avoid monetary loss due to no-show.
Let's see how things are in April.
Old 17th February 2021, 19:03   #71

Hello. I tried to create my express entry profile and I got a message saying my profile ineligible. Not sure why that happened. I got my WES evaluation for my master's degree and my IELTS scores were as follows: LRWS - 9,7,7.5,7.5. Could anyone throw some light on why this could have possibly happened?
Old 21st February 2021, 16:25   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Hello. I tried to create my express entry profile and I got a message saying my profile ineligible. Not sure why that happened. I got my WES evaluation for my master's degree and my IELTS scores were as follows: LRWS - 9,7,7.5,7.5. Could anyone throw some light on why this could have possibly happened?
That's weird. It usually gives you the reason why it might be ineligible. At what stage does it give the error? Also is your IELTS General score less than 2 years old? If you've started through the CRS calculator, there is a question about this. It can get a little confusing at time and people select the wrong option there. Check if that's the case.
Old 23rd February 2021, 15:55   #73

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratik1992 View Post
That's weird. It usually gives you the reason why it might be ineligible. At what stage does it give the error? Also is your IELTS General score less than 2 years old? If you've started through the CRS calculator, there is a question about this. It can get a little confusing at time and people select the wrong option there. Check if that's the case.
Thank you for your reply. I think I messed up with the NOC job codes and as a result, became ineligible. I created another profile and it came through with my CRS score being 478.
sandeepravi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th May 2021, 13:11   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Mods : Please move it to a new thread if necessary
Hi Akhil,
Congratulations on your impending move to Canada & wish you lots of success
May i task this opportunity to bore with a few queries of mine?
  • I am soon to be 36 years (In August), is there any chance of a Canada immigration for me and my wife (33) or have we missed the boat?
  • Do i need both IELTS and E.C.A accreditation before creating an express entry profile?
  • My wife has done her post graduation diploma in Mass media. Will that be counted as Bachelors or Masters?
  • Do you suggest i go with WES or IQAS or ICAS for her?
    I am just a B.E, so mine is rather simpler.

Thanks for assisting in advance,
R

Last edited by 1985Darkkid85 : 11th May 2021 at 13:39.
1985Darkkid85 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th May 2021, 13:48   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1985Darkkid85 View Post
I am soon to be 36 years (In August), is there any chance of a Canada immigration for me and my wife (33) or have we missed the boat?
My friend/colleague applied for PR and moved to Canada in 2020. He was 42 years old that time, with a wife and 2 kids. He found a job in 2 months. He was a Tech Manager here, but had to step down to individual contributor level (being a hands-on person he wasn't happy being a manager, but that is another story).

So, you haven't missed the boat.
DudeWithaFiat is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks