Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th December 2021, 10:47   #91
BHPian

Re: Emigrating to a Foreign Land!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KL01toKA03 View Post
I have been thinking of emigrating to Canada, but haven't really done anything to start the process.

Yesterday, my wife was contacted by a representative of Gateway Immigration for Canada PR. They said that we need to pay Rs. 1600 initially for evaluating her resume before starting the PR application process. Later, there would be fees (approximately 1.75 lakhs inclusive of everything) if her profile is suitable.

She is a software tester with 13 years experience in webservices testing, and I am a technical writer with 14 years experience. Can anyone comment on how easy or difficult it would be for my wife to get PR in Canada. Also, is Gateway Immigration a reliable agency to help with the process, or is there any other agency which anyone has used and found to be good.
You have not mentioned about your kids but if you have kids, you will have to be very frugal in initial years (2-4, based on luck and your skill set) before you both can settle and have a comfortable life.

You are 37+ now and in Canada, unless you land up a job before reaching the shores, you will have to start from ground again. This may not afford some luxuries that are now granted for you at this age in India.

On the process front, the process is very simple and you can do it on your own and hence save some money in the process. The consultant isn't more than a secretary doing proof reading and grammar checks on your application. If you want a high paying job at start or sooner, one of you will have to go for higher education there (say 1 year MBA or something similar) for the first 1-2 years and then jump start your career. Again, this will need financial investments and frugal living at an early stage.
sunilch is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th December 2021, 11:33   #92
BHPian

Re: Emigrating to a Foreign Land!

Thanks for all the replies. I think we will skip the consultant and apply on our own. We are ready to build our careers from the beginning with the hope that life will be better for the children.
Old 21st April 2022, 05:22   #93
BHPian

Re: The Federal Express Entry program, Canada : My experience

UPDATE

Been a long time coming and had a lot going on in life, hence did not get time to actually update this thread.

Finally managed to travel at the beginning March 2022 and managed to land my first job on the 31st day of my arrival here. Funny thing - Got my full G license in the morning and my job offer letter by the evening, on the same day! Auspicious day that it seems.

Still trying to figure the ways of the place, but yes do appreciate the relaxed lifestyle and of course the clean air!

Let's see what life has in store ahead!

Akhil
akhil994 is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 29th April 2022, 19:02   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhil994 View Post
UPDATE
Finally managed to travel at the beginning March 2022 and managed to land my first job on the 31st day of my arrival here.
Did you have to undergo another medical to extend your visa OR your visa/medical was auto extended due to covid?
Old 29th April 2022, 21:36   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by infotech58 View Post
Did you have to undergo another medical to extend your visa OR your visa/medical was auto extended due to covid?

I got my re-medical request in August last year. I actually got my first COPR in January last year. Had planned to travel in April, got Covid , then the flight ban happened and my visa expired on 30th May.

Got my second COPR in October 2021. Travelled in March.

Akhil
akhil994 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th May 2022, 14:14   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhil994 View Post
UPDATE
Finally managed to travel at the beginning March 2022 and managed to land my first job on the 31st day of my arrival here. Funny thing - Got my full G license in the morning and my job offer letter by the evening, on the same day! Auspicious day that it seems.

Akhil
Congratulations, Akhil! Happy for you! And thanks for this thread.

Amazed that you got the full G License within 31 days. How come? Don't you need to have G1 for 12 months and then G2?
Or is the process different for immigrants?
CaptainPrice is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2022, 20:06   #97
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainPrice View Post
Congratulations, Akhil! Happy for you! And thanks for this thread.

Amazed that you got the full G License within 31 days. How come? Don't you need to have G1 for 12 months and then G2?
Or is the process different for immigrants?
Thank you so much!

The general requirement is as stated by you. However if you do get your DL extract from India, you are awarded experience credits in Canada. This allows you to directly appear for the full G license exam after clearing your G1, essentially skipping the G2 stage
akhil994 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th November 2022, 20:16   #98
BHPian

Guys, I am also starting my immigration process but since I plan to do it myself without any consultant, I just needed few queries of mine answered -
1. I am a chartered accountant, for the purpose of evaluation of degree, will it be counted as bachelors or masters ?
2. My graduation is from IGNOU - B.com(a&f) under which the prospectus of course says it’s a minimum 3 years degree but for CA’s they count the intermediate level as part of 3 years and CAs can actually complete the degree within 1 year so would it be counted as 3 years or 1 year ?
3. How widely recognised is CA ? How much time does it usually take to fetch a job ?
4. The amount of money stated for proof of income is around 8 lakhs, how much should one carry ideally ?
Thanks in advance

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks