Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th January 2015, 15:52   #1576
BHPian

Re: Your favourite song while driving

No long drive is complete without a full version of "Autobahn" by Kraftwerk: and the "Arabian Nights" orchestra by Ron Goodwin:

Last edited by kousik : 20th January 2015 at 15:56.
Old 4th February 2015, 16:31   #1577
BHPian

Latest album by Pink Floyd - Endless River is pure bliss.

https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...+endless+river

Whereas Above & Beyond track Anjunabeach is explosive.

Cheers!
Old 4th February 2015, 16:53   #1578
Senior - BHPian

I generally listen to Yanni songs, to avoid getting distracted with vocals.
Old 5th February 2015, 09:35   #1579
BHPian

For me , it is Himesh reshammiya's songs !! The nasal croon for me is very soothing. Just something about his nasal tone -- challenging the conventional wisdom, not to mention the foot tapping chartbustersthat his songs are/were all are part of the appeal.

Not many know that he has been composing for Bollywood movies since 1996 - lot of folks think he began sometime around 2004-05 with Aashiq Banaaya Aapne. I hope there are a few Himesh fans on this forum !!
Old 6th February 2015, 00:50   #1580
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kousik View Post
No long drive is complete without a full version of "Autobahn" by Kraftwerk:

and the "Arabian Nights" orchestra by Ron Goodwin:
The title intrigued me, so heard it. Have not listened to such music in past. Soothing and nice. Added to the ipod!

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 23rd May 2015 at 20:36.
Old 1st March 2015, 18:47   #1581
BHPian

I don't have any song in particular which I listen to while driving my car. But, My hand automatically reaches the Music player switch as soon as I start the engine.

When I drive with my family, I like to listen to slow songs/old songs. And when I drive alone or with my friends, I always listen to high bass driven songs.
Like a G6 is my all time favourite song. I listen to EDM mostly, David Guetta, Avicii etc. And I love listening to old songs too.
Old 17th March 2015, 02:08   #1582
BHPian

Recently listened to this -

and liked it!

Anyone's got the mp3 track for this one? Listened to a few more tracks from Project Resound and liked em too!
Old 26th November 2015, 22:21   #1583
Senior - BHPian

My current favourite is Clean Bandit's "Rather Be". Hooked onto it since the time M&S hijacked this classical tune for their ads on UK TV. The key for me is to let it play at a very low volume where you're just about to hear it over the buzz of the AC and engine hum. Perfect!

Here's a link to the official video of the track:

Old 27th November 2015, 06:51   #1584
BHPian

This one latched into my playlist recently.
Old 29th March 2016, 18:10   #1585
BHPian

Long back there was a devotional remix album 'Rock to Raagas'. Another was 'Chaturbhujam' by AR Rahman. Always played on my ICE.

Are there any similar albums(devotional remix) of recent past?

Last edited by JMaruru : 29th March 2016 at 18:32.
Old 3rd April 2016, 22:58   #1586
Distinguished - BHPian

Continuing from my post in the previous page, here are a few more songs that are my current favourite from the electronica/lounge/instrumental/ fusion lounge genres :

ATB - Trace of Life
Sedi - Switchback
John Manz - Inside
Ryo Nakamura - Sensation
Minicied - Genesis
Zanio - Nightfall
Perplexity of Dreams - Alex H & Roald Velden (Sunny Terrace remix)
ATB - Intencity
Manu Lei - Hihi
Groove Kikis - Lift (Sunny Terrace remix)

Love all the above songs, electronica and lounge have turned me away from mainstream vocal music. I cant imagine driving without the tunes.
Old 4th April 2016, 21:28   #1587
Senior - BHPian

My favorite songs are Dil mein ho tum aankon mein tum,,,Dil Deewana Na jaaney kab kho gaya,,,bepanaah pyaar Hai AA ja..
Old 6th May 2016, 14:33   #1588
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark.knight View Post
Continuing from my post in the previous page, here are a few more songs that are my current favourite from the electronica/lounge/instrumental/ fusion lounge genres :

ATB - Trace of Life
Sedi - Switchback
John Manz - Inside
Ryo Nakamura - Sensation
Minicied - Genesis
Zanio - Nightfall
Perplexity of Dreams - Alex H & Roald Velden (Sunny Terrace remix)
ATB - Intencity
Manu Lei - Hihi
Groove Kikis - Lift (Sunny Terrace remix)

Love all the above songs, electronica and lounge have turned me away from mainstream vocal music. I cant imagine driving without the tunes.

True for me as well. EDM, lounge / ambient music are my favorite while driving with a few compositions from Ludovico einaudi (LE)

A few that I have come to like in my short period of driving:

Lean on - Major Lazer
Nightcall - Kavinsky
Fly - LE
Under your spell - Desire
Tick of the clock - The chromatics
Old 5th July 2016, 17:09   #1589
BHPian

Highway drives - Different genres of music and their effects

Note to Mods:
Mods, kindly move this topic to the proper thread if such a thread already exists. I tried searching for one, but failed to do so.

Hi All,

On really long drives (500 KM+ one way), if the driver is alone in the car, understandably it gets boring and tiring. In fact, the thought of spending that much time alone itself could be too much for some. In times like these, music come for our rescue (if one has any interest in music). In this article, I have tried to put down the various genres of music and their effects on our driving and on the driver.

Disclaimer: All these observations are purely subjective and I am writing down my own experiences. It may differ for different people. Also, I have not mentioned all the genres of music. Please add your inputs to this.

Requirements:
Decent setup for playing music in your car. I am not talking about high end installations. That depends on the personal choice. But the car should have at least the basic setup of a head unit and a couple of speakers. If you like to listen to rock, remixes, trance etc, then its a good idea to have a setup with a pair of component speakers in the front and co-axial speakers in the rear. Or one can throw in a sub-woofer as well in the boot (if space allows). This is again a matter of subject.

Playlist:
You should have songs from different genres in your pen-drive or CD. It is good to break the monotony in the mood. Create folders of different genres so that mix and match should happen on your choice and not by the head unit's mood

I have noticed that the kind of songs you listen to, while you drive, has a direct impact on the style of your driving. People may say that a good driver should be immune to the external factors and one's driving should not get affected by anything. But in real world scenarios where we are accustomed to 10 to 5 job, given a task to spend the entire day in the car, driving it, may take its toll on you. Hence, please bear with me and put your thoughts in the comments.

Different genre of music and effects:
1. Old Songs - When I say old songs, I mean songs starting from 1950s. These songs are good to start your journey, when you are still leaving the city. If you are leaving early morning, you may love the combination of clean air, less traffic in the city and the dawn. These songs help in building up your mood and enable you to gear up for the day long drive. While listening to these kind of songs (may be because of the recording quality of those days), you do not tend to go over 80-90 kmph, may be 100 kmph max.

2. Slow/Medium/SoftRock - These songs are good to maintain your pace and rythm on the road. You tend to go at the speeds of 90-110 kmph. It may really take some time till you get bored of such songs. It is always a good idea to keep singing along with the songs, doesn't matter whether its an old song or a new one. This way, your brain remains active and the highway hypnosis doesn't over power you. You also don't get sleepy for a good amount of time. If you are leaving for your journey in the evening, these songs are good to start your drive with.

Keep taking breaks in between off your drive. Get out of the car, stretch your legs and back. Move your eyes and try to look onto some object far away. Its always a good idea to give a break to your brain.

3. Hard Rock/Remixes - When you change your music to this genre, you get a burst in your enthusiasm and energy. You start driving with more concentration in the beginning. This genre is very useful if you have started to feel tired or sleepy. If you have a woofer in your boot, it adds up in the total feel of the songs. You start enjoying the drive again. But you may also start speeding. This happens unkowingly. The car may reach up to the speed of 160-165 kmph even before you realize the cruising speed. So you need to keep yourself under control.

4. Trance - Sometimes, you get bored of all these kind of songs. Then you turn to the techno music or trance. These tracks are also good in breaking the mood and people tend to speed up. You enjoy them at first. But soon enough, without you realizing, these songs start taking their effect which is putting you into highway hypnosis. When in office, they act as a great aid while you work. But on the highways, they may also proove dangerous as the person tend to start driving with their muscle memory. Sometimes, you don't even realize the distance covered and later, you start wondering about the past some kilometers or how did I negotiate that turn etc. You cannot sing along with these tracks, add up more on this behaviour. I will say strict NO-NO for these tracks for night drives.

I hope you enjoyed reading this article. Please put down your thoughts on these observations.
Old 5th July 2016, 19:22   #1590
BHPian

Since I didn't see this posted earlier,
you gotta give a listen to song Death and resurrection Show by The Killing Joke.

If you have played a video game NFS Underground, then this song will definitely punch you up!

Ahh the drumwork!

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/images...humbs%20up.gif

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks