Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st October 2019, 11:17   #6466
BHPian

Re: The Online Shopping Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWAllstar View Post
Looking to buy the Kindle. Is it worth the money or using the Kindle app is good enough?
How much of an avid reader are you?

One book a week? Get a Kindle. It is easy, convenient and avoids the hassle of lugging heavy books (unless you like the touch/feel of the paper and the aroma of a new book).
One book a month or less? Meh. Avoid it. Your Kindle will eat dust after a couple of months. Kindle app is pretty good and can be used across tablets, phones, etc. with the same login.
Old 21st October 2019, 11:46   #6467
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValarMorghulis View Post
How much of an avid reader are you?

One book a week? Get a Kindle. It is easy, convenient and avoids the hassle of lugging heavy books (unless you like the touch/feel of the paper and the aroma of a new book).
One book a month or less? Meh. Avoid it. Your Kindle will eat dust after a couple of months. Kindle app is pretty good and can be used across tablets, phones, etc. with the same login.
Hey thanks man. Really helped. Tried reading on the Kindle app and with the function of night mode on the phone, it is quite similar to Kindle.

I love the smell and feel of books. But with the ease of taking just one device everywhere and read when you feel is very convenient.

I am no avid reader, one book a month. So will first give the app a try for few weeks.
Old 23rd October 2019, 15:20   #6468
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvadg View Post
Glad you guys brought up this topic. Cleaned up my old electric toothbrush, changed the batteries and a little WD40 on the switch got it working like new. It helped that I had a set of replacement heads bought from China before the Aliexpress days.

YouTube re-educated me on the benefits and the right way to brush, and I'm an enthusiast again

A water flosser does a much better job. Using an electric toothbrush and a water flosser is overkill, I'll stick to brushing and water flossing. Not all that convinced about the various special heads for crowns and the like, they seem more like marketing hype. YMMV.
Old 25th October 2019, 12:35   #6469
Distinguished - BHPian

Placed an order on Flipkart on 16th Oct. It was a FK assured item sold by the seller 'retailnet', which I think is flipkart itself. They had mentioned that the product will be dispatched only by 31st Oct and final delivery will be around 7th of November. As expected, the product is not yet shipped, which is though within their timeline, but I cannot fathom why they are taking so long to pack and dispatch a small item.

Anyone else having the same issue or does anyone has any idea why they are taking so much time to ship the product?
Old 25th October 2019, 13:03   #6470
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
Anyone else having the same issue?
Went through the same experience recently. Placed the order on October 5th, product shipped on October 13th and delivered on October 15th (don't recall the exact deadline, but I received before it)

I was okay with the late delivery as I was not in a hurry and the product was sold for half the price
Old 25th October 2019, 13:10   #6471
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klub Class View Post
Went through the same experience recently. Placed the order on October 5th, product shipped on October 13th and delivered on October 15th (don't recall the exact deadline, but I received before it)

I was okay with the late delivery as I was not in a hurry and the product was sold for half the price
Thanks for sharing this experience. I hope they honour the sale since I too bagged the item for a good discount. No hurries here too, but shipment of the product would be reassuring.

Regards,
Saket
Old 26th October 2019, 01:24   #6472
BHPian

Quote:
.. does anyone has any idea why they are taking so much time to ship the product?
Even I faced this delayed shipment earlier in the month - during their first round of "Sale". The shipment date was like 10 days away and delivery date was like 15 days away. It did arrive as per the schedule (1 or 2 days early). They seem to have prolonged delivery schedules during this sales period factoring the extended shipment load & take care of any delays.
Old 26th October 2019, 08:49   #6473
Distinguished - BHPian

Totally horrible experience with Amazon Furniture (Solimo, their own brand). Faulty pieces delivered, missing fitters, interminable waits with Customer Support, and no sign of refund.

Disgraceful!
Old 26th October 2019, 09:19   #6474
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by null View Post
They seem to have prolonged delivery schedules during this sales period factoring the extended shipment load & take care of any delays.
Thanks for the heads up. I read somewhere that Flipkart don’t have their warehouses anywhere now and they are totally dependent on the sellers in contrast to amazon. Probably that’s why they are not as well equipped to handle sudden bursts of shipment loads like in a sale as compared to amazon. I shall update if I receive one from Flipkart. Thanks guys.

Regards,
Saket
Old 26th October 2019, 09:28   #6475
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the heads up. I read somewhere that Flipkart don’t have their warehouses anywhere now and they are totally dependent on the sellers in contrast to amazon. Probably that’s why they are not as well equipped to handle sudden bursts of shipment loads like in a sale as compared to amazon. I shall update if I receive one from Flipkart. Thanks guys.

Regards,
Saket
Not true, Flipkart still has its own warehouses and is investing even more in automating them with robotic sorting.
Old 27th October 2019, 07:23   #6476
BHPian

Quote:
Placed an order on Flipkart on 16th Oct. It was a FK assured item sold by the seller 'retailnet', which I think is flipkart itself. They had mentioned that the product will be dispatched only by 31st Oct and final delivery will be around 7th of November. As expected, the product is not yet shipped, which is though within their timeline, but I cannot fathom why they are taking so long to pack and dispatch a small item.

Anyone else having the same issue or does anyone has any idea why they are taking so much time to ship the product?

I suspect it depends on the demand for the particular item ordered. For a high-demand item (e.g. for popular things with big discounts) they can't have all in stock, and have to source them from a supplier. So, depending on the total volume ordered, it can take time to ship.

On the other hand, for items with less discount, they may have them in ready stock, and can ship sooner. For example, I ordered two items on the 17th October (i.e. the day after yours), and was promised delivery by 23-10-19. One was claimed to have been shipped the next day itself (18-10-19)! The other was promised to be shipped by 20-10-19, but wasn't. So I checked the status on 21-10 morning, and was surprised to see that the tracking showed both items to have already been shipped on 21-10-19 (even the one that had supposedly been shipped on 18-10-19, as per their SMS !), and would be delivered by 23-10-19, the originally promised date.

The funny thing is, both items were delivered early afternoon on 21st October itself! So I've learnt that their tracking is nonsense, and can't be trusted! However, I can't complain, since they've bettered their promised delivery by two days anyway!

These were delicate (and expensive) items, and were packed well, and delivered in good condition. So I'm happy, and will order from them again in future.

On the other hand, as I had mentioned in the Amazon vs. Flipkart thread, Amazon's packing is typically lousy, and I usually receive things from them in beaten up packages. So I do not trust Amazon anymore to venture ordering delicate items like the above (or even gift items) from them in future.

Last edited by meerkat : 27th October 2019 at 07:32.
Old 27th October 2019, 09:29   #6477
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Placed an order on Flipkart on 16th Oct [...] will be dispatched only by 31st Oct and final delivery will be around 7th of November. [...] I cannot fathom why they are taking so long to pack and dispatch a small item.
Could be because of the general exuberance around Diwali time, precipitated by the sales and offers. I expect order counts shoot through the roof that they have to hire hundreds or thousands of extra staff in warehouses and delivery fleet and make sure these people all have rudimentary training in their processes.
Old 27th October 2019, 12:02   #6478
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalvaz View Post
Not true, Flipkart still has its own warehouses and is investing even more in automating them with robotic sorting.
Thanks. There must have been some confusion in my understanding then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by meerkat View Post
I suspect it depends on the demand for the particular item ordered. For a high-demand item (e.g. for popular things with big discounts) they can't have all in stock, and have to source them from a supplier. So, depending on the total volume ordered, it can take time to ship
Thanks for your input. The item I ordered is a small in size but a niche category slow moving item. 12 days and not shipped as yet. Crossing my fingers. Will post on Amazon vs FK thread once the order is completed so that I can share my experience as a whole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
Could be because of the general exuberance around Diwali time, precipitated by the sales and offers. I expect order counts shoot through the roof that they have to hire hundreds or thousands of extra staff in warehouses and delivery fleet and make sure these people all have rudimentary training in their processes.
I’m also inclined to think that it is because of the over the roof sales the ecoms achieved during the sale periods and the subsequent high pressure on the shipping network.
Though my previous purchases from Flipkart have gone well including a television, I hope that this is no different apart from the delayed shipping.

Regards,
Saket.
Old 30th October 2019, 10:10   #6479
BHPian

Good morning.

Is it normal for this product to be so heavily discounted?

Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
The Online Shopping Thread-1572410420693.jpg  

Old 30th October 2019, 18:20   #6480
BHPian

Recently I had a call from a mobile number claiming to be from DHL Customer service and said they are calling in relation with an ALIEXPRESS Order and for customs clearance purposes my ID proof was necessary. I said ok, pls send me a mail. Now I have received an email from an @gmail id.

The Online Shopping Thread-imageuploadedbyteambhp1572439697.522182.jpgClick image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTeamBHP1572439697.522182.jpg
Views:	222
Size:	130.8 KB
ID:	1928586The Online Shopping Thread-imageuploadedbyteambhp1572439720.932132.jpg

I have my doubts if this is a phishing mail as my order was with Ali and not Amazon.
Any body had this kind of experience?

Last edited by ampere : 30th October 2019 at 18:29.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks