Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th April 2020, 18:25   #16
BHPian

Re: RIP Irrfan Khan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
I have watched each and every film of Irrfan till date.
Among various other films, you also missed The Namesake. My favourite Irrfan film, maybe because it is also based on my favourite book.

Rest in peace, Irrfan.

Last edited by boniver : 29th April 2020 at 18:28.
boniver is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th April 2020, 18:45   #17
Senior - BHPian

Just watched Angrezi Medium recently online. Amazing actor, always commanded screen presence without fake six packs, break-dance and outlandish stunts.He truly belonged to a different class of cinema. Gone too soon!
fhdowntheline is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 29th April 2020, 19:06   #18
BHPian

One of the few real actors in Bollywood, quite a loss to the Indian film industry.
No doped body, no dumb CGI action scenes, just genuine acting.
RIP.
Doge is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th April 2020, 19:32   #19
BHPian

Shocking! Really sad to hear such news. Rest in peace, Sir. Thank you for the wonderful movies you gave us!
NitinDev is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th April 2020, 20:03   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Dunno why people never saw his most underrated movie yet the one in which he truly sparkled as an actor from start to finish - Billu Barber, fantastic family, feel-good, all round innocent movie.

As an actor, this is a tremendous loss for Bollywood, the ground zero for over-acting and style-maaro masala overload films.

As a person too, a big loss for India as he represented the country well, overseas and he believed in logic and rational actions over dogma. Puzzle, Billu Barber, Deadline, The Lunchbox.. fantastic stuff.

The man will be missed. Greatest respect for the legacy in arts he has left behind for all to cherish. PS : He was a vegetarian as well.
dark.knight is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 29th April 2020, 20:28   #21
BHPian

One of the finest actor of current generation. My oldest memory of him comes from tv series Chandrakanta and then his act in movie Haasil. RIP.
ast.ggn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th April 2020, 21:09   #22
BHPian

The film industry loses one of the best. Shocking news,he was one of the finest ones who did not have a film industry background if I'm right.
hareshjethwani is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th April 2020, 00:55   #23
BHPian

Handsome and muscle bound actors are easily replaced, a character like Irrfan can never be replaced.
Will really miss watching him. Well, that is life..one day we leave it all behind. Rest in peace brother
pyrodrive is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 30th April 2020, 04:54   #24
Senior - BHPian

Gone too soon.

I've watched two films of his. Slumdog Millionaire and The Lunchbox. The latter is my pick of how truly brilliant he was as an actor. The way he portrayed his character, the bond with his colleague and a sort of unsure, uncertain kind of love for someone he had never seen, its all there in his expression, that will make you feel it.

There are only a handful of actors like him in our Hindi film industry. Actors like Irrfan don't come up easy and are seldom noticed for their performance. May his soul rest in peace.
sandeepmohan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th April 2020, 05:50   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark.knight View Post
Billu Barber
This movie had quite a few dance numbers which seperates this from the other movies he did.

The movie I like most is Piku. Somehow I can watch that movie any number of times. Just like Batman's Dark Knight.

And btw his full name is : Sahabzade Irfan Ali Khan.
download2live is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th April 2020, 09:03   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

Irfan Khan- the man who could just lit up the screen only with his eyes is no more and that is heart breaking. An actor and star in the truest sense, we have lost quite a few brilliant stars in recent years but not someone so young!
Whether playing that brilliant Badrinath in the Doordarshan series Chandrakanta during the 90’s or student leader Rannvijay Singh in the movie Haasil, every character he played, he just made the character his own. There was this movie of Asif Capadia named The Warrior which was a British production and let the world know of his acting chops. Rest is history, I am just sad that the pairing of Irfan Khan and Tigmanshu Dhulia will never happen again. Haasil, Paan Singh Tomar, Qareeb Qareeb Single, Talvar, and Piku will remain etched in my memory for ever. Not since a long time, a distant death felt so personal!

Gone too soon.
ABHI_1512 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th April 2020, 09:59   #27
BHPian

It's a sad moment for indian cinema that we've lost Irrfan. He was a terrific actor. Although all his critically acclaimed movies have been named in previous post, I find his comic timings were excellent. He was brilliant in Sunday and the only savior in the movie Thank You. RIP Irrfan Sir. You'll be truly missed.
SuperSuri is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th April 2020, 10:26   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

RIP Irrfan. Unanimously agreed to be one of the best actors and individuals of India. I hope you had all the possible fun in the unfairly short life you got. You sure gave us a lot of fun with your raw capabilities. Felt so sorry that you couldn't be with your mum when she left...Now you have followed her. May you both rest in peace.

Just heard that Rishi Kapoor has also sadly joined you on the other side. That side sure keeps on getting richer.

Thank you Paan Singh, for all the great entertainment you gave us, from heart.
Reinhard is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th April 2020, 10:28   #29
BHPian

My first memory of Irrfan was from the movie Goal some 20 years ago. It deals with favoritism in sport as well as parent interference. Through it all, Irrfan's character stood like a rock.

He will be missed. He has left behind memories in the form of some wonderful movies that will be cherished for a lifetime.

For me, he was the true superstar in movies and in real life.
Attached Thumbnails
RIP Irrfan Khan-30goal2.jpg  

JojyKerala is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th April 2020, 10:42   #30
BHPian

Gone too soon. He was among the very few in Bollywood who can act and express his dialogues through his eyes flawlessly. RIP. We shall never see his like again.
Sachin V.W. is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks