Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th June 2020, 18:28   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

re: R.I.P. Sushant Singh Rajput

I am at a loss of words! Cannot imagine what he must be going through to take this extreme step.

At the same time, I am really appalled by the public behaviour. Within hours, media was at his parent's door in Patna looking for an 'exclusive '. Pictures of his body have started circulating on WhatsApp, Twitter. Media has picked it up and playing it with some areas blurred out.

Please allow the family some privacy in such a difficult time. And for God's sake, refrain from sharing those devastating pictures around.

May God give strength to his family.

Last edited by Dry Ice : 14th June 2020 at 18:29.
Dry Ice is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 14th June 2020, 18:28   #17
BHPian

Shocked and sad to hear this news! Broke my heart. No one knows what goes on inside a person’s mind. RIP Sushant
Old 14th June 2020, 18:40   #18
Senior - BHPian

What a loss. Just 34 years old and fairly successful in career, wonder what would have forced him to take such a decision (if it actually is what media says)

Probably we would never know? Hopefully there's a proper investigation. Someone forwarded this pic(from his movie) which kinda fits the mysterious loss.

R.I.P. Sushant Singh Rajput-fb_img_1592135215413.jpg

May his soul R.I.P.

Last edited by SoumenD : 14th June 2020 at 18:42.
SoumenD is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 14th June 2020, 18:44   #19
BANNED

Infractions: 0/3 (12)

Very very sad. I liked him very much in the MS Dhoni film. Poor thing. Must have had some terrible trauma.
I wish he hadn’t taken such a final step.
shankar.balan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2020, 18:48   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibendum90949 View Post
A Dr. friend of mine had this to comment today upon seeing this May instagram post of his. " He's talking about dark energy etc here, clearly states his mental state was not in a good space if you think of it now retrospectively."

May his soul RIP!
Sorry but you need to correct your Doctor friend. Dark Matter and Dark Energy are valid scientific terms.
Here is a link from NASA explaining them -

https://science.nasa.gov/astrophysic...is-dark-energy

There is also a very good Kurzgesagt video on this topic. A lot of what is written in that post of his seems to be actually picked from the NASA link above.
It is not fair to start conspiracy theories, specially half-baked ones basis things one does not understand (this is directed at your doctor friend).

Last edited by Shreyas_H : 14th June 2020 at 18:50.
Shreyas_H is offline   (28) Thanks
Old 14th June 2020, 19:22   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Sources: 1, 2

On its own, depression is an ugly, ugly mental illness, and this lockdown is making things really worse.

Maybe the recent death of his manager (and probably close friend) triggered something deep and sad with regard to his deceased mother. I don't think anyone except maybe his girlfriend could probably tell what was going on in that mind of his.

Also earlier this month, he had penned a heartbreaking note for his late mother who died when he was just 16 years old. Sushant had shared it with a collage of his mother and his own monochrome picture on Instagram.

A few quotes from different articles to try to connect the dots.

Quote:
Sushant had opened up about his mother’s death in an interview to DNA around the release of his film Dhoni: The Untold Story. He had said, “The way I looked at things then and now, they are very different and I cannot go back to doing that. It’s unfortunate. But everything that used to excite me, doesn’t excite me that much now. I don’t know why. No relationship, no success, absolutely nothing… If she was alive, probably it wouldn’t concern her, but just because something has changed inside me, everything has become so insipid. It takes a lot out of me to force myself to get overly excited about things and probably this is the reason why I like acting so much. Because it helps me get away from myself.”
From the 2016 interview
Quote:
So, she would call me every day at around 7-7.30 pm. I was so pampered and I know that every mother pampers their kids, but this was so unconditional, that I cannot explain it. And it took a big, big piece of her when she allowed me to go away and study. She would be, ‘Don’t do anything but stay with me’. And she still allowed me to go. She would call me everyday and would try to pretend to be happy. I could sense all of it.

On December 11, I got a call at 11.30 pm. I picked up and she was crying. I was like, ‘What is wrong, What happened?’ She said, ‘Nothing. Can you take out some time and come back?’ I told her, ‘No, abhi kaise hoga? I will come during Holi. Why do you want me to come now? I am okay’, etc. I asked her to stop crying. I was trying to be mature, but I could sense that I didn’t want to go back at that point of time. I knew she was missing me and wanted me around all the time, but I thought this was the right thing to do — to go home later. She just asked me to take care of myself. It felt odd.

That was the last line my mom told me. Next day, she had a brain haemorrhage and she passed away. She was 40-something, fine before this suddenly happened.
RIP Sushant. There was a boyish, twinkling charm in all the roles that he played with gusto, such a brilliant actor he was. We can only hope his friends and family get the strength to bear through this sad situation.
ninjatalli is offline   (30) Thanks
Old 14th June 2020, 19:28   #22
BHPian

This is so sad and shocking. Just last week I had seen his video where he was showing and talking about his home on beautiful homes channel. The books the he had on his shelf, binocular, the photos, his dream of owning a projector , academics achievements and well respected work in the movies. I am feeling very sad, OM Shanti !
hondafanboy is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th June 2020, 20:50   #23
BHPian

A quotation worth considering

The person who completes suicide, dies once. Those left behind die a thousand deaths, trying to relive those terrible moments and understand… why?” – Clark
Amrik Singh is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 14th June 2020, 21:11   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amrik Singh View Post
A quotation worth considering

The person who completes suicide, dies once. Those left behind die a thousand deaths, trying to relive those terrible moments and understand… why?” – Clark
That is a very simplistic black and white way of looking at things. Putting the blame on the person who took a short cut.... No wonder mental health is not a topic we as a society can handle. There is such a lack of understanding and empathy. No you can't just "get over it", no you can't just stop being depressed, no you just can't "try to be happy". Mental illness is as real and as devastating as severe physical illness, but most of us don't have any awareness of it.

The person who takes this step is not doing this to hurt the ones left behind. Please understand this. They are doing this because they have ran out of options (in their mind) and they cannot go on anymore. When there is no light anywhere in the dark and ending it all is the only way to stop suffering, that is when people do it.

Killing yourself goes against the very fabric of our existence. Our brain will protest right till the end. And yet people do it because they see as the only way out. When there is nothing but pain and suffering in life and this is the only way to stop being in pain, that's when people do it. Not to leave behind sad people. Not to hurt others. Not as a cop out. Its a desperate plea for help and suicide is the last step when all other options have failed.

We must need to be cognizant of mental health issues. Recognise, react and support. This should be the way to help people who need us to stand by them.
digitalnirvana is offline   (60) Thanks
Old 14th June 2020, 23:02   #25
BHPian

Totally shocked on hearing the news of Sushant's. A well educated, handsome artist, who's exceptionally good at acting and dancing. Today I came across that he was an AIR 7 rank holder of Delhi College of Engineering Entrance Exam in 2003. May his soul Rest in Peace. My deepest condolences to his family and friends!
mr_freakky is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 15th June 2020, 00:16   #26
BHPian

A young promising individual gone too soon. Ironically his last movie was against this very notion of suicide. I guess that's the difference between Real life and Reel life. May his soul Rest in Peace.
Fordlover88 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th June 2020, 01:13   #27
Senior - BHPian

May his soul rest in peace. He is my age and just the thought that what must be his thought process before he took the final step makes me shudder.

I had seen many of his movies Kai Po Che being the favorite among the lot.

Depression is a very stigmatized illness in our society. Most of us never come out in the open with this whatever we might be going through in our head as we feel we might be counted as weak, we might be thought about as losers, we might be looked down upon in the society and what not.

Having been through a phase of depression a couple of years back for a couple of years, I can only say that some of them like Sushant do act upon that thought of ending it, some of us don't but the difference is 1% between both of these, the support system in our life stops you from taking that final 1% plunge.
humyum is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 15th June 2020, 03:49   #28
Senior - BHPian

RIP Sushant. A young life with so much to look forward to, gone in an instant. What our society at large needs to learn is kindness and love and it would solve everything. I was reading a piece by a well regarded female journalist and it really hit hard. Time and time again we have shown that we simply do not care enough, whether its showing gory images of his suicide on TV channels with chintzy headlines or the migrant crisis or the riots or frequent social media bullying. Its time to ask people around you, "Are you okay?".
extreme_torque is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th June 2020, 10:23   #29
BHPian

Re: R.I.P. Sushant Singh Rajput

Really shocked and saddened to hear this. He was such a promising talent who made it to the very top without any so called Godfathers in Bollywood. Read up a little about him after his demise and found out that he was not just a great actor, but also a very good student - A national olympiad winner in physics, cleared as many as 11 engineering entrance exams, studied mechanical engineering in DCE (which he did not complete to pursue his passion for acting). He even let go of a scholarship from Stanford to pursue his passion for dance and drama.
This incident highlights how serious an issue depression is. May his soul rest in peace!
anshu1101 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th June 2020, 10:47   #30
BHPian

Re: R.I.P. Sushant Singh Rajput

Gone too soon !

One of the incredible actors in the present generation who gave the other young heroes with family tags a run for their money and made his name without any patronage/godfathers .

It is just unbelievable for someone who has delivered back to back hits , ended his life due to personal problems.

And in the world of hindi cinema, it is rather rare to see an academically brilliant individual like Sushant grow star status.

it is such a terrible irony that his movie Chicchore dealt with the very same depression induced suicide.

Om Shanthi !
poised2drive is offline   (7) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed