Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Old 3rd July 2020, 18:42   #46
BHPian

Default Re: Face mask + sunglasses (or spectacles) : How to prevent the glass from fogging up?

Fogging occurs only with cloth mask and surgical masks which are not airtight. They are worn to protect the public from an asymptomatic covid patient.

If you are going out to the public and you want to protect yourself, you need a good n95 mask. These provide good airseal and do not fog.
I always wear a n95 mask when I go outside. I wear a disposable surgical mask over this and dispose the surgical mask before I reenter my home.
Old 3rd July 2020, 18:45   #47
BHPian

Default Re: Face mask + sunglasses (or spectacles) : How to prevent the glass from fogging up?

There is anti fog spray from Muc-Off to keep helmet visor fog free. I use this on my spectacles as well. I have the habit of wearing a mask while riding motorcycle and bicycle due to the pollution.

Link here

You can buy this at motorcycle safety gear shops.
Romins is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2020, 01:17   #48
BHPian

Sharing what has worked for me since day1.

My wife used Prana Air mask [since before Covid-19 times] for the same reason as it has a USB-rechargeable fan inside that creates a downward draft. One's breath never comes up towards the eyes.

Furthermore, it has a velcro based joint and a broad strap that I canwear for hours without a problem.

Agreed, it looks weird - but allows me to work in office without a problem.
Attached Thumbnails
Face mask + sunglasses (or spectacles) : How to prevent the glass from fogging up?-img20200506wa0018.jpeg  

Manas is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th July 2020, 01:30   #49
BHPian

I have a slightly icky solution and most (including my family) may not even consider it but cleaning lenses with your spit gently worked into the lens with a cloth / handkerchief or even just the tip of your finger, followed by a wipe down using a wet wipe is very effective.

I am a cerified scuba diver and fogging up of the lenses / face mask is extremely common. I learnt this trick early on from my instructor and which has been handy ever since.
PGNarain is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th July 2020, 09:52   #50

I usually wear Honeywell N95 gave mask which gives a pretty good fit. Breathing does take more effort, but I am used to it since I have been wearing it last couple of years when the air quality is bad in Bangalore.

Since the covid, I have been wearing face shield along with my mask. It's one of those cheap ones, but they do wrap around my face and covers half my ears. I have been considering getting the steelbird's face shield, https://www.amazon.in/dp/B0897TYXTT/..._-baaFbBNMT0KG.

Most Viewed