Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th April 2007, 00:26   #46
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
How about a roof-mounted sub or an under-seat one? It'll save your luggage space and you'll still get some punch in your audio.
Yup thats a good idea. I visited my ice guy today and had a talk with him. hes gonna get back to me by tommorow. But i like the under seat sub as i already am installing a roof mounted LCD screen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper View Post
Hey Gogi,

Regarding the film please invest in a good brand which offers a higher % of Solar Energy Rejected. I would recommed Film Pro Titanium 35 which rejects 56% heat very effective. This is a 1 time investment which a majority scringe on as they think a film is a film why invest in a expensive brand. Little do they know how wrong they are. You can also go for equivalent film from brands like Llumaar, Solar Guard or 3M. Not recommending Vkool as over priced.

Mirror Covers will not suit you too bling. Do change your headlight bulbs though.

Viper
Right on! Im of the same thought. I have asked for a brand like 3M for the tints

Thinking for a surround type of a surround system. Will discuss with the ice gurus
Old 4th April 2007, 19:44   #47
Team-BHP Support

nice.. now lots of innova owners on the forum. have fun its a great car.
Old 5th April 2007, 02:03   #48
Senior - BHPian

Today left the innova at shinrai for doing vasooli on the 10k extra bonus he gave me to put accessories form the showroom. I got the underbody and chassis coating done and got sound dampners on the 4 doors.
Tomorrow's Schedule or should i say Today's schedule:
Get the innova to my ice chap. Ive already given him all that i have and asked him to conjure up an ice system trying hard not to fit anything new except maybe tweeters and a roof mounted LCD screen. The rest of the stuff i had with me salvaged from my old and sold Camry. He needed to buy connectors for the amp (infinity) and the head unit and the connectors for the headrest mounted lcds too.
Then he fits a good quality sun film and a front windscreen film.
Then a reverse sensor. He tells me he has something that has a monitor in the rear view mirror when the car is backing up, with beepers. Ill have to see this and then decide.
Fit a rear spoiler with a roof mounted light
Decide to either fit in a Xenon HID kit (approx 9.5-10K) or just white quartz lamps (think will settle for the lamps only)
anything else?
then ill post pics of a before and after job
Old 8th April 2007, 22:47   #49
Senior - BHPian

Got the car yesterday but have been busy with a wedding in the family. The cars looking great in tints, and the front windscreen sunfilm is a wonderful thing. Parked the car in full on sun for over two hours and when i got back it was not as hot as it should be. The steering was not burning, in fact it was cool. Gave up the idea of the camera in the rear and put a parking sensor with a LCD monitor. Looks cool works well. The ice is sounding decent. Have thought of something to increase the base tough...will post the thought later. Also got the Necvoxx 8'' roof mounted screen put. Gave up the idea of adding the covers with indicators on the outside rearview mirrors...were too jhatak for my taste. Will post before and after pics tomorrow!!

Last edited by V-16 : 8th April 2007 at 22:49.
Old 9th April 2007, 17:53   #50
Senior - BHPian

pics are here

Ok guys posting pics now. Will have to do it in two posts as the pics exceed the allowed number of 20...so check out the new ride.
Part-I:

The Innova was Driven straight from the Dealership to Jogani Tyres at Lamington Road for her new shoes.

Her OEs, 205/65/15 Goodyears were exchanged for Michelin Energys 225/60/15

This is how she looks with her new shoes on: The last two pics also show her with tints-Garwares were used.

Now lets see what changes were made in the interior.
The OE Deck was replaced by a Pioneer Dvd/Tuner DVH-P5000MP in the same place making sure that it looked like an OE. This is a head unit from my previous car so is and old unit which was serviced throughly before installation.

The OE installation:

Replaced by the Pioneer:

Two Necvox Lcd screens fitted on the rear side of the front seat head rests.
These are also from my previous car.

OE Headrest:

After LCD screen fitting:

A roof mounted drop down Lcd screen was mounted neatly on the roof keeping in mind not to disturb the ducting of the roof a/c vents.

The roof screen could be fitted only ahead of the cabin/door light as anywhere behid would hamper passenger movement and could lead to an injury when open.

This was bought new as can be seen from the film on the screen:

An overview showing fittment of all three screens:

The Reverse Sensors:
The Reverse Sensor Panel is mounted on the front left corner of the Dash with the help of a mounting tape. No holes were drilled on this install. The wire is concealed but I have delibrately kept it open to show its travel path and outlet. The Monitor is very bright and is especially noticable during the dark.

The sensors (total of 4) are mounted on the rear bumper and are black in colour so one can actually miss their presence on the black bumper. Notice the dots on the bumper, these are the sensors and they work quite well.

The Roof mounted Air vents are especially useful and work very well indeed.

Last edited by V-16 : 9th April 2007 at 18:02.
Old 9th April 2007, 18:17   #51
Team-BHP Support

Very very nice install pictures Gogi! The car has a very nice stand.
Old 9th April 2007, 18:49   #52
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Gogi, she looks great on the new footwear!! One correction though she's not fitted with Energy XM1's but with Energy MXV8's
Old 9th April 2007, 20:34   #53
Senior - BHPian

Very sweet, Gogi. That's some family car!
Old 9th April 2007, 23:10   #54
BHPian

Great pics buddy, Wonderful thread. Congrats for the proud possession. How has ur experience been on the highway?

-Regards
POGU
Old 10th April 2007, 01:00   #55
Senior - BHPian

Have yet not driven her on the Highway but am heading to pune on wednesday. have driven a friend's innova to and fro Shirdi tough. Thats the day i fell in love with the Innova.
Heres Part-II of the Pics

The Innova comes with a lot of pockets and more over, cubbyholes, most of them being can/bottle holders. Someone at Toyota thought that the Innova is gonna be ridden with a lot of thirsty People??!!

Theres a new law i was informed that all cars have to have their numbers etched on all the glasses... i hav'nt heard of this rule but who cares, it cost 350/- all round and the job is very neat. I remember this being a rule in Delhi some many years ago but as all rules in our country, it all blanked out soon too.

Heres a reflection a building from the Front Windscreen which now bears the Transparent Sun Film.

Last edited by V-16 : 10th April 2007 at 01:05.
Old 10th April 2007, 01:07   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
The Innova comes with a lot of pockets and more over, cubbyholes, most of them being can/bottle holders. Someone at Toyota thought that the Innova is gonna be ridden with a lot of thirsty People??!!
wish it came with a freezer for thirsty people like us. Nice pics Gogi, she looks awesome.
Old 10th April 2007, 12:25   #57
BANNED

nice pics, guesing u got the car on company reg and is a 8 seater right, explains the yellow plates. even i was in a fix at that time. so i went in for a 7 seater and got white plates.
Old 10th April 2007, 12:39   #58
Senior - BHPian

Great pictures Gogi . I see youre fully equipped for in car entertaiment

Hope to see your new machine soon.
Old 10th April 2007, 12:45   #59
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
But am heading to pune on wednesday.
If you will be free in the evening, give me a call. We could meet up.

Quote:
Cup holders anyone

This link should explain things well
Old 10th April 2007, 21:51   #60
BHPian

wow the innova looks stunning in black. just not a big fan of the chrome ORVMs and would personally prefer them in body color.

nice job with the lcd screens, can they play seperate video?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks