Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th October 2021, 18:57   #16
BHPian

Re: Our journey with Ovarian Cancer

I think for every guy, mom is the angel, god, life and everything. I understand what you are going through, everyone will have to leave this world one day, so as men we have to be prepared for this any time and stay strong so that we can remain the pillar of support to all our loved ones as long as we exist.

I hope your mother becomes stable soon eventually recovering fully. I know it's difficult to even think of, but as and when your mother stabilizes please start looking to get married to have a partner in your life journey.

Wishing you and your family all the love and support!
CliffHanger is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th October 2021, 19:57   #17
BHPian

Hey,

Thoughts and prayers to your mom, being guys, most of us are more attached to our moms. I hope she gets ahead of this. Take care.
sarfraz1997 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2021, 20:01   #18
BHPian

@Humyum

I came across your post by pure chance.

I know how it feels, having taken care both of my parents who were affected by cancer. Lost my father to stage 4 lung cancer, but by divine grace, my mother pulled out of stage 3A breast cancer after 10 months of chemo, surgery and then radiation.

Your mother's strong will & positive attitude is and will be a blessing and immense strength. Even if they are outwardly strong, seeing their loved ones stand by them and be there for them will make them internally happy a lot. It is stressful to caregivers and patients alike, but taking care of a loved one who is strong is much, much easier. I speak this from experience.

My prayers for her quick recovery and more so for you and your father to be strong beside her on the path to full recovery.
asmr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th October 2021, 20:46   #19
BHPian

Brave on your part to share this and explain the process so far. God willing, all will be good and road drives will be waiting for you. Sometimes life can bring lot of surprises, but to fight it like your mom now, is the key to success. Personally have seen positive mindset playing very important part in getting back to shape.
sukhbirST is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2021, 20:55   #20
Senior - BHPian

So sorry to hear of your mothers condition. But with her attitude, I'm pretty sure she will recover. A close family friend of ours beat cancer and is doing fine now. Apart from vast lifestyle changes, he never once thought about his condition and would immediately dismiss any discussion other than a enquiry on his wellbeing. He would even come to the office 4/5 days a week, a year after his recovery before COVID happened.

I hope your mother gets a lot better soon. Take care.
shashank.nk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2021, 21:37   #21
Senior - BHPian

I am really sorry to hear about this sad news, I was petrified to even read it fully but I am glad that she is holding up well and facing the sickness bravely.

Glad that you shared it here with all of us and as a community , if there is any financial help needed , do let us know. I am sure few of us here can chime in and provide support if needed.
stanjohn123 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th October 2021, 21:59   #22
Senior - BHPian

Hi Humyum, please don't lose hope. I am sure your mother will recover fully from this. I have sent you a PM.
W.A.G.7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2021, 23:02   #23
BHPian

Apart from medication, focus on nutrition and a positive outlook. If there is anything I can help you with as a doctor, let me know. Best of luck.
Sumer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2021, 00:20   #24
BHPian

Parents are precious; a big constant through which stem all our life's systems. Mothers are like universe; their love eternal, selfless, ubiquitous. I prey, oh I so wholeheartedly do, to see you and both your best friends having the best of times together again, travelling and experiencing the joys of the world, in the best of health and happiness, much sooner than expected.

Having been through this situation back in 2015 myself, I fathom the pain, the vulnerability, and that occasional yet certain feeling of despondency. Faith is the cement that binds our feelings, gives us hope and strength, and the vigour to see every single day in a new light. Never lose faith!

Wishing your mother a super speedy recovery!

Stay Strong! Stay Awesome!
Herschey is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th October 2021, 09:15   #25
BHPian

I'm so sorry to hear about your mother. Wishing her speedy recovery and courage to fight this battle against cancer. I also pray you and everyone in the family have the strength and courage to support each other.

My mother unsuccessfully fought ovarian cancer as we could not diagnose early. From what you've written, I find you're doing everything to bring the best treatment for your mother.

Remember, please take care of yourself and your father as well during this difficult time. Stay strong as your family will need you to get through this.
josejoseph is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2021, 11:34   #26
Senior - BHPian

Hi Team,

Thank you for such overwhelming messages, DM's and support. I made my mother read all of them and she was super happy.

Sorry for the late reply, I will reply to each one of you individually over the weekend as just yesterday my mom had a CECT scan of the thorax, abdomen and pelvis and the results look good. I am going to meet RJK's dad today.

Just one post and so many people came forward with help, connects, advices, I am glad I joined team-bhp in 2006, lots of things have changed because of it and this could potentially change my entire life if all the lego blocks start falling in place with respect to my mother.
humyum is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 8th October 2021, 12:47   #27
BHPian

Hi Humyum, its good to know that the reports have come back good. Hope that your mother recovers completely. Please take good care of yourself and your father too as you will need your strength to take care of her. A mother, a wife will always think about whether their family has eaten well or not and it puts stress on them.
Old 8th October 2021, 15:09   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by humyum View Post
My mom on the other hand is as chill as ever. She watches stuff on her phone, eats, sleeps, watches tv, works in the kitchen sometimes, chats up with her friends, reads news paper, has some banter with dad throughout the day and basically is happy. Over the weekend that passed by, she asked me to take her on a drive to Nariman Point and Walkeshwar like old times where in every weekend I would take her for a drive on this circuit.
This second last paragraph of yours made me smile. It was very sweet to read about your relationship with your parents. Times have been difficult recently for almost everyone and family has been the only thing that one could go back to.

Sharing our experience with cancer to reduce your stress and hopefully give strength to you and your family. Both my parents are cancer survivors. My dad fought cancer 10 years back. And after 4 chemos at the age of 62, he is fit and fine today (72 yrs) and also lives to drive (touchwood). He was detected with Lymphoma back then.
My mom on the other hand, had a tumor in her stomach last March. She went through surgery and oral chemo post that. It's been 17 months and she is also well.
Though both had different type of diagnosis and treatment, one thing they had in common was they never thought they couldn't be fit again. The treatment is expensive but what I have seen different from Dad's time is that now the cases are very common and there are many medicines available. I didn't even know oral chemo was possible. And the prices of these drugs are capped to make it affordable. Cancer isn't the same thing that it was some 15/25 years back. If detected early and correct treatment is done, then its pretty much curable.
I'll leave the technicals for experts here as they are in touch with regular developments. Just sharing my 2 cents. God bless you and your family
DieselAnna is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 8th October 2021, 18:26   #29

Hi Humyum, thanks for sharing your story. It’s very heartwarming to see how meticulously you’ve been taking care of her.
Ovarian cancer detection rates all over the world are rather abysmal as the commonest symptoms are simple things like indigestion, bloating etc. which are often linked to diet, lack of exercise and many other factors.
It is often diagnosed during investigation for loss of weight and poor appetite. The fact that the tumor seems to be responding well to the chemo is promising. Plus outcome of debulking surgery would also be good. I wish you all the best and am looking forward to a detailed travelogue fearuring you, mom n dad!
Old 9th October 2021, 14:20   #30

I got teary eyed reading your post. We do share a special bond with our mothers & can't even imagine what you are going through right now. I wish speedy recovery to your mom and good days ahead for you and your family brother.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks