Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th October 2022, 14:53   #46
Senior - BHPian

Re: Our journey with Ovarian Cancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by humyum View Post
Thank you!!

Yes, 3 chemos were completed on January 6th, one month after which CA125 and Sonography was done. CA125 was 5 then with a clean sonography

In May start which is 3 months after the last CA125 and 4 month since the last chemo, one more CA125 was done with Sonography and it was 3.9 with a clean sonography.

In 11 days we will be at 1 year since diagnosis, time just flies.
Kudos and thanks for RJK am glad your moms ok. Could you post on the nutrition and diet part of the equation. As i know that can help the patient during the treatment process.
maddy42 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2022, 15:35   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddy42 View Post
Kudos and thanks for RJK am glad your moms ok. Could you post on the nutrition and diet part of the equation. As i know that can help the patient during the treatment process.
Hi Maddy,

Sure, let me put down the entire diet plan. Below is the plan that we followed during the treatment as well as the one we follow now.

Morning:

1) One glass of boiled water mixed with turmeric, ginger, lemon and black pepper. The turmeric used was the one which has the highest curcumin, it’s called ‘Pahari Roots 9 – 12% High Curcumin Gold Lakadong Turmeric Powder’

Link--> https://mypahadidukan.com/product/pa...-content-9-12/

It was available on Amazon now but keeps goin on and off

2) Daily Greens, one glass of water with one tablet a day
Link--> https://www.amazon.in/Wellbeing-Nutr.../dp/B07YNKNP8Z

3) One mug of milk mixed with 5 scoops of Nestle Resource High Protein (This keeps the albumin level high during chemos thus helping the side effect management)

4)One glass of Juice which was prepared in a Blender and not a Juicer as the essential pulp would be removed in a Juicer

Juice Consist of:
a) 1 Beetroot
b) 3 Amla
c) 1 Tomatoes(it was 2 earlier but refined it to 1)
d) 10-12 Purple or Black grapes
e) 1 Apple
f) 1 Kiwi
g) 2 Orange Juice, separately removed and then mixed with the item A to F in a blender. This was done to make the juice a little thinner and palatable

Quantity: Around 400 ml in a big beer mug

Afternoon:

1) Lunch

2) By 4:30, one Mug of Matcha Green tea. This type of green tea has the highest ECGC which fights cancer

Link-->https://www.theteashelf.com/products...tcha-green-tea

Evening:

1) 125 to 150 grams Panner cooked in a pan with some chutney for taste.
We have stopped panner now and make broccoli 2-3 times a week

2) One Glass of Juice prepared similarly like the morning one in a blender

Juice consist of:
a) 1 Beetroot
b) 1 Tomatoes
c) 1 Carrot
d) 1 Piece of Dudhi
e) 4-5 pieces of strawberry and if not available then 8 to 10 pieces of blueberry
f) 1/4th Pomegranate dana
g) 2 Orange Juice, separately removed and then mixed with the item A to F in a blender. This was done to make the juicer a little thinner and palatable

Quantity: Around 400 ml in a big beer mug

Night:

1) Dinner
2) One mug of milk mixed with 5 scoops of Nestle Resource High Protein
(This 2nd mug has been discontinued after the last chemo was over)

The medicines that my mom takes other than her normal BP pill is Zincovit and Calcimax 500. All sugar from her life has been removed. No Thumbs Up, no tea with sugar, no sweets, nothing.

Please feel free to ask any questions.

Last edited by humyum : 7th October 2022 at 15:39.
humyum is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 7th October 2022, 16:33   #48
BHPian

Sometimes timing of the tragedy is worse than the tragedy itself. Sharing such things can bring lot of positive thoughts from all those who read and respond. Some of us have gone through bad periods in life and fully understand your situation. Keeping good spirits and thoughts can overcome this stage also. Pray and hope all goes well.
sukhbirST is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2022, 21:35   #49
Senior - BHPian

I thought I will start my Kerala road trip travelogue over the weekend but here I am again, My mom's cancer has relapsed.

She has some soft tissue lesions which have come up, its a local recurrence. Strangely, the CA125 has remained 5 and moved around from January to now in 3.9 to 5 range.

A Pet scan we did somedays because of one year of the operation showed this up, we were expecting a clean slate since she has no symptoms, has not lost weight, has no problems in eating or in any other way.

Our battle will begin again and we will win over this again too.
humyum is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks