Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th February 2022, 13:07   #46

Re: Your views about Shark Tank India

I have watched almost all the episodes of Shark Tank US, Australia, and Dragon’s Den UK. Among these, I liked the Australian one the most. I didn’t have high expectations of the Indian version and the initial reviews and comments on social media too seemed overwhelmingly negative. But having watched a few episodes and snippets of ST- India, I must say they have done a brilliant job. I don’t agree at all with the comments that the Indian version is overtly dramatized. There was an episode in the US version where Mark Cuban and Richard Branson threw water on each other’s faces!

The Indian version holds its own and I can see that this would very likely be one of the milestone TV shows in Indian TV just as KBC was. Liked all the sharks and all of them seemed to be very credible. Also liked the fact that the more known Indian business leaders are not part of this show. Quite liked the fact that several of the businesses (at least the ones I watched) had multimillion-dollar valuations and many of them attracted investments as well. The only thing that felt a bit off was the presence of Rannvijay and I hope they get rid of him the next season. I look forward to watching all of it the next time I am back home.
Unni is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2022, 10:34   #47
Senior - BHPian

I am hooked to this show on YT. My main takeaway is getting to know about the startups and their innovative ideas. About the show, well, it’s obvious lot of the drama is scripted like any other reality show but I am hopeful the platform will help the startup ecosystem in a big way.
SoumenD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2022, 11:49   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
An ex-colleague pitched her HEMP PRODUCTS and even though she received an offer, decided against taking it. People are just hooked to SHARK TANK India, I heard. Will catch the episodes this weekend
Is this the one where the lady played the gender card and got slammed for self victimization ?
Old 12th February 2022, 19:02   #49
Senior - BHPian

Amul has given the Ashneer Grover incident its own spin as the topical features Sharks Ashneer Grover and Gazal Alagh along with the contestant Niti Singhal.

Your views about Shark Tank India-20220212_190155.jpg
Venkatesh is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks