Team-BHP - The TV / Streaming shows thread (no spoilers please)
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   The TV / Streaming shows thread (no spoilers please) (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/25760-tv-streaming-shows-thread-no-spoilers-please-164.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by procrj (Post 4592081)
Having said that, I hope WW3 is much much better. That trailer got me :)

Nice! Have been waiting for Westworld Season 3.
Hopefully it'll be worth the wait. :thumbs up

Quote:

Originally Posted by deathwalkr (Post 4593219)
Just started with The Office (US). Been interesting thus far :)

One of my favourite. It starts really slow in the initial season but takes off into this amazing series mixed with all kinds of emotions. Steve Carell is unparalleled.

Junked The Fringe immediately post season 2. Season 2 started with a totally wonky premise and the show is going nuts with every passing episode.
Dunno what the long arc is and how they are planning to cover it all. Plus it seems a tad out there.

Started with Rizzoli and Isle. OK OK so far. At least the missus can digest this.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mayankk (Post 4585960)
There's a new series begun on Hotstar. Chernobyl.
Its from HBO, and only the first episode of the first season is out. But its looking very good.
Essentially a dramatization of the original tragedy.

Three episodes in, and this is turning into a brutally engaging series.

I actually am happy with GoT ending. The way they got there, is what bothered me.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajay_satpute (Post 4592225)
1) The Big Bang Theory
2) GOT
3) Suits
4) Homeland

GoT sure does deserve the praise and status, despite the way it was handled in the last season. I guess a lot of us were disappointed since we've seen it live, had enough time to run out of patience to read spoilers, recaps and most importantly lot of time to out-think how it might end. By the last 2 seasons, the strategies were clear and it was getting predictable to regular followers.

Talking about GoT, here's a fun little followup :D

Big Bang Theory was a huge drag. It would have been a cult, if it stopped somewhere around 7th or 8th season. Its spinoff Young Sheldon though is worthy, again it needs to be wrapped up when it should.

Homeland has only been good in parts.

Chernobyl : 5 / 5

Anybody watching this? If you haven't, you really should! Only 4 episodes released so far, and this gut-wrenching series is so good and realistic that you feel you are watching it live!

Amazing show; really fills up the minute and at times gory details on an otherwise historical data point in our memories of a nuclear disaster!

Quote:

Originally Posted by ninjatalli (Post 4596917)

Anybody watching this? If you haven't, you really should! Only 4 episodes released so far, and this gut-wrenching series is so good and realistic that you feel you are watching it live!

Amazing show; really fills up the minute and at times gory details on an otherwise historical data point in our memories of a nuclear disaster!

How many episodes in total ? I plan to binge this after the World Cup :)

I started watching What If on Netflix, it is slow and dreadful. After a few episodes I decided I can do something better with my time.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8860450/

Strictly Avoid.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eddy (Post 4596922)

5, it's a mini-series. The last episode is to come out on the coming Monday.

Quote:

I'll second that. Watched two episodes of the same and I could really feel the intensity and gravity of the disaster. Very well written, very well shot.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eddy (Post 4596922)

Quote:

Originally Posted by RiGOD (Post 4597034)
I'll second that. Watched two episodes of the same and I could really feel the intensity and gravity of the disaster. Very well written, very well shot.

I'm so enamored by this series, I just can't have enough of it! Found out there's a podcast on these episodes with the writer/researcher/producer answering questions, providing backstories and additional script portions that didn't make the final take. A lot of the information he shares is absolutely brilliant!

And most importantly, he reveals which of the stories are exactly the truth (news flash : most of it!) and what has been dramatized, with reference to the sources.

Four podcast episodes for four series epidodes.
Link

Quote:

Originally Posted by travelwriter (Post 4589908)
If you liked this version of The Office, you must watch the original The Office (UK) with Ricky Gervais. It is much, much better and the humour is also not so in-your-face. I liked the UK one better as it was tightly written, had only 2 season and a Christmas special and had clearly written characters.

Travelwriter

It is on my list. Do both shows have the same storyline and jokes?

Quote:

Originally Posted by ninjatalli (Post 4597889)
Four podcast episodes for four series epidodes.

Is it ONLY on Hotstar?

Quote:

Thanks for this. Which channel in this available on.

Quote:

Originally Posted by asingh1977 (Post 4598168)
Thanks for this. Which channel in this available on.

This is a HBO Series so available via Hotstar app.