Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th October 2022, 22:55   #31
BHPian

Re: Your favourite food items in your favourite fast food chains

Enjoy
McDees: soft serve n black coffee
Haldiram: everything

Last edited by ajayc123 : 28th October 2022 at 22:57.
Old 28th October 2022, 23:22   #32
BHPian

Super fun thread.

McD- veg pizza Mcpuff. You get much better burgers elsewhere but i am bot sure why no one else has tried recreating this.

Mojopizza: my favorite pizza delivery joint. Their cheese blast crowded house is the best pizza that you can get delivered.

CCD: when I was in college used to love their cold coffee. I think it used to be called tropical iceberg ( but used to insist on ice cream instead of whipped cream). I lost the taste for cold coffee over the years though.

Darshinis: medu vada ( sambar dip)
Old 28th October 2022, 23:37   #33

McDonald's
Mostly mc aloo tikki and definitely fries with piri piri
Domino's
Mexican green wave and paneer pizza, stuffed garlic bread for my son
Old 29th October 2022, 00:33   #34
BHPian

- Subway Sandwich
Footlong Sub with Turkey Breast, Lettuce, Jalapenos, Spinach, Bell Pepper, Onion, and Sauce (Creamy Sriracha and Chipotle) – Toasted without Cheese

That’s what I buy during my Road trips, Camping trips and my Photography trips

During festivals, I switch Turkey breast with Veggie patty

Last edited by arunrajk81 : 29th October 2022 at 00:37. Reason: added info
Old 29th October 2022, 01:42   #35
BHPian

I love having Cinnamon Rolls at Cinnabon but I get to have them once or twice a year when I am traveling as they have limited branches in India and there isn't one where I live.
Apart from this, I love all kinds of fast food like Burgers, Pizzas, fried chicken, and so on but I am not a fan of a specific brand right now.
Old 29th October 2022, 03:40   #36

Used to be a big fan of KFC back when I used to live in India, now in SA my go-to for fried chicken is Popeyes. Recently hearing that Popeye's has opened in some locations in India too - anyone here who knows how good / bad it is?
Old 29th October 2022, 09:30   #37
BHPian

I have grown weary of sandwiches and rarely order burgers any more. Occasionally Pizza will do and Dominos is the go to place. Despite their stingy ways, they still taste better than any other large chain. Veg Extravaganza is the choice as you get all toppings.

In fact if I think, there isn't any chain I frequent at all. My go to places are 'darshinis' (Udupi style restaurants) or Kerala Messes. Ice cream legend Corner House is the only chain I try to visit every now and then. They still make the best ice creams. Their Hot Caramello Pudding is my favorite and when in a a fruity mood, I go with Strawberry and Cream or Lichi with cream and Icecream. Never disappoints.
Old 29th October 2022, 09:57   #38
Distinguished - BHPian

I always wonder why there is so much crowd in the fast food joints like KFC, McDonald's, Burger King, Dominos etc.. , seeing the small sample of the responses in this thread itself, now I understand. For me all these joints have always been a last resort. Places to go when nothing else is available and the goal is to just fill the stomach.

Also, I feel a lot of the fast food franchises are poorly run and don't always adhere to the standards that the brand expects and cut corners wherever possible.

In summary no favourites, if I have to go to a fast food joint, try to stick to their most popular items.
Old 29th October 2022, 16:25   #39
BHPian

Having grown up in the Middle East and living in India for the past decade or so I have to say Fast Food available in India is always a step below both in flavors and quality and even size and most often more expensive.

Despite living in "The Gulf" for 16 years I had never visited a McD outlet there. I only remember having it a handful of times at friend's B'Day parties. We mostly made burgers at home.

My favourite fast foods / chains are :

1. Chicken Shawarma : (from Middle East) : Shawarma is and always will be No.1 for me. The only decent Shawarma I've had in India is from Lulu Hypermarket in Kerala. Rest all are mediocre imitations.

2. KFC [Hot and Crispy] (from Middle East): Always the Gold Standard for me as far as Fried Chicken goes.
KFC available in India doesn't even come within a mile compared to Middle Eastern outlets as far as quality, juiciness and flavor goes. I've had KFC a few times in India but haslve never been satisfied.

3.Broasted Chicken: (different brands present in ME).

4.Faasos: I quite surprised nobody has mentioned Faasos till now. As far as homegrown FF brands from India goes, I think Faasos is the best.
Their products are a bit overpriced, but with the right offers, nothing beats their Bhuna Overload Wrap and Smoky Sausage wraps. Their other products are also really tasty.

5. Burger Chains: Burger Singh > Wendy's(just started) > Burger Club(not pan Indian) > McD > Burger King
Mentioned in decreasing order of preference.

6. Dominos: I've found Domino's pizza to be just Okay.
From my experience, good local restaurants provide better Pizzas. Maybe the experience depends on outlets.
Old 29th October 2022, 16:50   #40
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Also, I feel a lot of the fast food franchises are poorly run and don't always adhere to the standards that the brand expects and cut corners wherever possible.
Yes, especially the small outlets in non prime locations in big cities.

Assuming it would be uniform everywhere (single biggest USP of these fast food brands), I made the mistake of going to McDs in non prime locations in Chennai and Bengaluru. I had dreary food and service, so bad that am yet to have food from McD in India since 2016-17.

On the other hand it is almost a custom to buy the softie ice cream anytime am near a McD outlet.
Old 29th October 2022, 16:58   #41

This is a great thread. On my way home from Thailand ( in the plane waiting for lift off as I type this), I was wondering about the lack of tasty fast food options back home. Especially for my wife who is a vegetarian. I just had a plant based burger at Burger King here and it was truly meat like. (I'm a non vegetarian) I'm sure it would find a lot of takers in India too. The veg options are boringly restricted to aloo and paneer since decades. Cost might be an issue ( 200baht) but I'm sure most vegetarians would at least like another option.
One can only dream.
Torqueceptor is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 29th October 2022, 17:46   #42
BHPian

French Fries at McDonald's, nothing beats them. Also like the paneer wraps/Mc puffs n Maharaja.

Zinger burger with chicken popcorn at KFC. Not a fan of their buckets.

I love thick crusted pizzas from Pizza Hut compared to Dominoes. Ovenstory has amazing pizzas and is the new love.

Frapuchino n Mocha at Starbucks.
Old 29th October 2022, 18:36   #43
BHPian

My junk journey started as a kid with the McDonalds at Bandra (Linking Road )
- Mc Aloo Tikki Meal ( During the good old days I got a fixed pocket-money )

- McSpicy Paneer with Peri Peri Fries.. I have stopped having coke after realising it’s nothing but sugar and Co2.

Nandos ( London)
I loved hanging out here while I was an art student in London. I always went with one of their burgers with a portion of fries.

Starbucks
Anything with hazelnut in it. Also I only go with hot drinks as the frappe’s are half ice.

Saving the best for the last

Sandwizza

Their sandwiches are insanely delicious and filling. Also I don’t classify them (sandwiches) as junk .
My go to is Exotic Tandoor Paneer Bite with Multigrain Bread.

Also , special mention for Subway.
Old 29th October 2022, 19:28   #44
BHPian

My favorite ones are more of recent finds and while not the big international chains, they are decently located in the States.

MOD Pizza - think of it as the Chipotle of pizza. Once can add any number of toppings, any kind and load it up. Apparently they use some high temperature baking model so the pizza is ready in 10 mins. What I like is that 'Mod' size - very right sized for 1 person

Freebirds world burrito - Alternative to Chipotle and same model. The quality is significantly better than CHipotle.

Breakfast Tacos at pretty much any place - A nice easy on the wallet option for a filling breakfast. Some places offer throughout the day. Very popular near universitys.

Chicken burgers at Chickfila - Enough said.

In-n-out - serves beef and some limited veg options. Never miss a chance to go there.

Back in INdia - Love the McAloo tiki at McD.
Old 29th October 2022, 20:59   #45
BHPian

I really liked this KFC Shrimp Meal in DXB. Wish we got them in India as well. Currently there are no fish / seafood option in KFC India. McDonalds at least have the Filet o Fish burger which I like.

Your favourite food items in your favourite fast food chains-20220924_194439.jpg

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks