Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th October 2022, 23:19   #46
BHPian

Re: Your favourite food items in your favourite fast food chains

Vegetarian & Pune based:

Kalyan Bhel: Love their bhel and pani puri.

UpSouth: used to frequently visit for their unique dish called "Uthly" which is a South Indian burger. Their coffee was also on point.

Subway: love their salads

McD: French fries (peri peri too)

Dominoes: recently cut back on this but love the Cheese Burst pizzas
Instead of Dominoes, we shifted to Crazy Cheesy as they are pure veg chain and make good pizzas.

Grameen Kulfi: They have very nice Gulkand kulfi. We order at-least twice in a month.

Falahaar: Jamun shots! Also, they make typical Indian style pizzas and pahadi sandwiches.
Old 30th October 2022, 08:18   #47
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Here are my favourites:-
1. Mcdonalds -French fries
2. KFC -My better half will try the most popular option posted here. (Guys do they have any good veg menu options since I am vegetarian)
3. Domino's-Peppy paneer pizza (cheese burst crust) with extra cheese with coke
Choco Lava Cake
4. Haldiram-Choley bhature
5. Subway -Yet to try.
For panipuri, samosa and dosa I go to local shops which have a speciality in making them.
Old 31st October 2022, 11:54   #48
BHPian

Growing up in the UK and India and working in the US, UK, and India gave me a lot of "gut feelings." Am Delhi based now so here goes in no particular "order":

- McD's: Filet O' Fish & McSPicy Chicken Wrap, plus of course their fries are the best wherever you go

- Taco Bell: The Sriracha Chicken Burrito's better than the 7-layer Burrito. Usually order two of these with the Fiery (Red) Sauce and put home made yoghurt on top. Mmmm. But talk about burning the candle at both ends

BTW got a taste for this while visiting a friend in Louisville Ky back in '94. He took me out for a tex-mex brunch of extra spicy burritos and beans with sour cream, washed down with a coupe of frozen margaritas. And it was snowing outside. One of the best meals ever.

- KFC: you can't beat the traditional Col Sanders chicken can you? Just two pieces...

Haldiram's: Atta Gol Gappas and Bhalla Papri

Subway: Always the multigrain with chicken ham/meatballs/turkey with Mint Mayo & Mustard. Loved it since my US days.

Pizza Hut (Never Domino's): The Chicken Pepperoni is a steal.

Biryani: Got everyone I know onto this...Babu Khan at Matka Pir next to Pragati Maidan and opposite NSCI. Take your pateela to pick up after pre-ordering. Usually 1 kilo chawal mein 2 kilo chicken ki biryani lasts about 3 days for a family of four. The tastiest yet lightest biryani you'll ever have. Babu Khan passed a while back and his grandson has also gone back to the village but the surviving staff are keeping up the tradition. Here's the number: 011-23371454 09650674070. Mention my reference as a family in Saket New Delhi who've been ordering for 20+ years.

South Indian Coastal/Malabar: A-hole-in-the-wall but very popular joint called Hotel Malabar in New Friends' Colony. Their simple fish curry and chicken curry are to die for. The simplest dishes are often the most complex so try these, with appams or rice, whatever.

And a couple of standards - Nirula's legendary HotChocFudge & Wengers' (CP) 6" Shammi Kebab

Enjoy and of course Cheers!

Last edited by Clouseau : 31st October 2022 at 12:15.
Old 28th September 2023, 10:21   #49

Love this thread as I am such a foodie!!

let's see.....

McD's :
McCheese veg burger meal, love the cheese burst flavor and the patty is made of cheese!!

Berry cooler - tastes like berries with soda

Burger king:
not a fan of BK.

Subway :
Veggie patty is nice.

Pizza hut :
Double cheese pizza
margherita pizza
masala lemonade/ classic cold coffee 149

Dominos:
Cheese burst with EXTRA cheese
and peppy paneer.