Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th November 2022, 22:24   #46
Team-BHP Support

Re: Delhi-NCR Pollution | GRAP (Graded Response Action Plan) Stage IV comes into force

The order to implement GRAP stage 4 was revoked yesterday.

Now I am hearing it is back again. And the T&Cs have been updated. Its GRAP stage 3, but the terms have been revised.

Is this genuine? I have to go somewhere tomorrow and need both my cars in service. Damn!!
Attached Thumbnails
Delhi-NCR Pollution | GRAP (Graded Response Action Plan) Stage IV comes into force-grap-delhi.jpg  

Old 8th November 2022, 00:19   #47
Team-BHP Support

Re: Delhi-NCR Pollution | GRAP (Graded Response Action Plan) Stage IV comes into force

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post

Now I am hearing it is back again. And the T&Cs have been updated. Its GRAP stage 3, but the terms have been revised.

Is this genuine? I have to go somewhere tomorrow and need both my cars in service. Damn!!
Unfortunately, it is true.

https://www.hindustantimes.com/citie...843289743.html
Old 8th November 2022, 01:58   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post

I have to go somewhere tomorrow and need both my cars in service. Damn!!
This dilly-dallying is such a nuisance.

If a person has started from Amritsar for a visit to AIIMS after reading this ban has been revoked and now at midnight they decide to implement this again. So now, I have to park my vehicle at Karnal and then board a bus?

Or do I simply enter and start greasing palms from border itself?

This was a hypothetical situation. Why would anybody come from another state for treatment of their chronic respiratory disease? They wouldn't even reach here before collapsing.

Let's take a realistic example:

A person has flight for New York from Delhi. This is possible because International Airport exists here. So, now the person would tell the driver to return from mid way and drop him at Karnal bus stand so he could board the earliest bus. From their he'll reach ISBT and then he'd take metro and then reach airport.

Now I believe how one stroke of pen can change somebody's journey or save the environment. See, he had to use public transport - by hook or by crook. Yay!

Do these buffoons seriously think they can ban 500,000 vehicles overnight and people will obey it?
Let's say 90% do. Remaining 10% would be 50,000. Can they challan 50k vehicles in a day just for this?

Idiots have merrily mentioned exception for government vehicles as if others venture out in their vehicles to play gulli-danda.
batish is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th November 2022, 00:01   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by batish View Post
This dilly-dallying is such a nuisance.

Idiots have merrily mentioned exception for government vehicles as if others venture out in their vehicles to play gulli-danda.
All BS4 Diesel car owners should unite and file a petition against NGT, Delhi government and the central government. Our existing cars should be purchased by these morons and we owners should be paid our money back. They can scrap the cars after the payment is made.

I would happily buy a bullockart and drive it all over delhi splattering the green energy dungs all over the street after that.

Punjabi within me is dying to use the adjectives on these monkeys, but this is a public forum and I can not.
SuperSuri is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 9th November 2022, 08:40   #50
BHPian

Infractions: 0/2 (9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSuri View Post
Punjabi within me is dying to use the adjectives on these monkeys, but this is a public forum and I can not.
Trust me, I've used adjectives you wouldn't believe against NGT and deligov in my private circles.

The way salaries are increasing for people other than software developers and inflation of car prices, I'd never be able to afford a new 4x4, let alone a BMW.

So, what's the logical route? Yes! Used cars!
But NGT won't even let that happen.

Sometimes I really think that it's not in our rights to have nice things, well, at least without paying absurd costs for them.

I think NGT should ban cars itself. Ban planes and trains too. Hell, ban yourself, NGT.
vredesbyrd is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 9th November 2022, 11:45   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by batish View Post
Actually this problem started when stubble burning coincided with winters which is because the paddy now is planted keeping monsoons in mind. Earlier paddy was planted before monsoons, through flood irrigation which meant the water to plant paddy was directly from Tubewells instead of rain.
Interesting, looks like there are suggested alternatives to stubble burning - https://www.drishtiias.com/daily-upd...tubble-burning.

However these alternatives don't seem to be viable or easily accessible to farmers. Not sure if the government is planning to do something about this.

Last edited by libranof1987 : 9th November 2022 at 12:32. Reason: Trimming quoted post for better readability. Kindly quote only relevant sections of the post.
Old 9th November 2022, 13:26   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by clement.lloyd View Post
Interesting, looks like there are suggested alternatives to stubble burning - https://www.drishtiias.com/daily-upd...tubble-burning.

However these alternatives don't seem to be viable or easily accessible to farmers. Not sure if the government is planning to do something about this.
No matter what the alternatives are, paddy is not suitable for Punjab or Haryana. They need to find alternatives to crop itself not stubble. Even if stubble is taken care of, next problem is depleting water table. Irrigation through tube wells is not sustainable. They need to get out of wheat-paddy cycle.

Water is the next major crisis upcoming in Punjab.
batish is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th November 2022, 14:19   #53
BHPian

While we BHPians and maybe many other folks out their are ranting on NGTs recurring ban and idiosyncrasies, meanwhile its full on money minting time for law enforcers.
Check this out-
https://www.aajtak.in/india/delhi/vi...299-2022-11-08
Old 10th November 2022, 00:08   #54
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Politicians are part of this society!

When odd-even was implemented, many people had both cars, or they exchanged with relatives and even on team-bhp, many people supported it, because it didn't affect them. (hypocrisy!)

At that time, there was no work from home. We had all even cars at home and 4 working adults, no public transport nearby, we had a horrific time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSuri View Post
All BS4 Diesel car owners should unite and file a petition against NGT, Delhi government and the central government.
This will never happen in our country, we are too selfish to do this. Most people with BS4 diesel I know, have an alternative and won't bother.

These are all populist measures, so just hedge yourself and move on.
1) Ensure petrol alternative car at home (I knew this Diesel ban would happen, with all the Blue/ Orange stickers they were selling)
2) Ensure both odd/ even number, but think ahead and keep alternatives for both first and last digits, if not all!
3) If nothing else, keep a 2 wheeler ready. Did they ban BSIII 2 wheelers? They said LMV, right? - they can't ban the vote bank!
SLK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2023, 12:23   #55
BHPian

Confusion on BS Norms

Hello Everyone,
I am facing a unique situation ( i am guessing it is unique to my case, would like to know otherwise). I have a 2016 Honda BRV Petrol. I have been stopped and challaned by traffic cops of Gurgaon ( my vehicle is HR 26 ). They are saying that this vehicle is BS 2. I have checked with Honda Showroom, where I bought the vehicle from ( ring road Honda) they are saying it is BS 4. There is however no documentation in this regard. Which means there is nothing mentioned on BS stage in RC, Insurance, sale papers, invoice. The PUC form of 2020, 2021 ( yes I keep that old records!) say BS 4. The latest PUC says Euro 2. The PUC guy says this is online from RTO.

I am at my wits end and am unable to drive my vehicle any further since there is no clarification with regards to:
A. What BS norm is 2016, Petrol Honda BRV.
B. Where is the documentation to show to traffic cops, incase they stop me again.

I am asking for help/guidance from my fellow members, anyone who has been through similar experience and what is the solution ( if any). Please, do not advise “ stick to your grounds against Traffic Cops”, especially if you haven’t encountered Gurgaon Traffic Police.

Regards
Jj
Old 16th November 2023, 12:32   #56
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Confusion on BS Norms

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyjagga View Post
I have a 2016 Honda BRV Petrol. I have been stopped and challaned by traffic cops of Gurgaon ( my vehicle is HR 26 ). They are saying that this vehicle is BS 2. I have checked with Honda Showroom, where I bought the vehicle from ( ring road Honda) they are saying it is BS 4. There is however no documentation in this regard. Which means there is nothing mentioned on BS stage in RC, Insurance, sale papers, invoice. The PUC form of 2020, 2021 ( yes I keep that old records!) say BS 4. The latest PUC says Euro 2. The PUC guy says this is online from RTO.
Download your vehicle’s virtual RC on the mParivahan app. The emission norm is clearly mentioned there. Sharing screenshot of the concerned portion for my Hexa (BS4 diesel). This virtual RC is essentially the only document you need to show whenever you are flagged down. It also contains all details of your insurance and PUC, including their respective date of expiry.

Delhi-NCR Pollution | GRAP (Graded Response Action Plan) Stage IV comes into force-img_5334.jpeg
Shreyans_Jain is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th November 2023, 22:27   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Hello Everyone,
I am facing a unique situation

Regards
Jj
This is not only unique to you. My 2016 Creta P is marked Euro 2 in the RC and PUC records (HR26), my relative’s 2016 Dzire P is marked Euro 3 (UP 16), and many others have posted online about the same issue occuring mostly in 2016-2018 cars. Some mega goof up by RTOs across the NCR. My 2011 Honda City is correctly listed as Euro 4 though.

I know what Gurgaon cops are like but will still suggest to continue to drive freely, tell them it’s a petrol car with valid PUC and BS 4 was sold post 2010.

I was hoping Grap 3 is removed soon but since it’s not, I need to figure out how to get the papers corrected. I believe a file has to be submitted in the RTO which then goes to Chandigarh but who knows…
rayjaycleoful is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2023, 23:39   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
B. Where is the documentation to show to traffic cops, incase they stop me again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayjaycleoful View Post
This is not only unique to you. My 2016 Creta P is marked Euro 2 in the RC and PUC records (HR26), my relative’s 2016 Dzire P is marked Euro 3 (UP 16)
HSRP Colour coded windshield sticker gives indication of fuel type and emission norm, as well as the age of the vehicle. HSRP is mandatory in Delhi - NCR, and HSRP sticker should be the first thing they will check to identify GRAP rule violation.
Attached Images

Last edited by airbus : 24th November 2023 at 23:53.
airbus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2023, 14:33   #59
Senior - BHPian

My brother in law bought a Kia Seltos petrol yesterday.
He had no plans to buy it but due to this absurd ruling his diesel tuv300 couldn't come on road and he was using cabs everywhere which isn't feasible for a working businessman who needs to move around NCR regularly. He has an insurance firm and had to meet clients all over. An unnecessary expense when his car was working perfectly and he had to sell it off. No one cares about common man in this country.

Last edited by harry10 : 25th November 2023 at 14:34.
harry10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2023, 16:07   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
My brother in law bought a Kia Seltos petrol yesterday.
He had no plans to buy it but due to this absurd ruling his diesel tuv300 couldn't come on road and he was using cabs everywhere which isn't feasible for a working businessman who needs to move around NCR regularly. He has an insurance firm and had to meet clients all over. An unnecessary expense when his car was working perfectly and he had to sell it off. No one cares about common man in this country.
I am in the same boat ,have to sell my perfectly running Diesel CIAZ out of sheer frustration for not being able to take car out for about three weeks now.

Hope this NGT hires someone to carry out the analysis of carbon emissions in a New Car manufacturing and delivery process versus hypothesis to continue running the old one ,how the odds would be.

I was surprised being told in a Conference that the Net Carbon emissions to deliver a Glass water bottle is higher than that of a normal PP/PET bottle.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks