Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th May 2023, 23:14   #46

Re: What is your favorite Anime?

Hi guys,

Thanks for such an overwhelming response on my thread, never expected such a great response, really thanks.

Sorry to say but as the response is huge I can't reply to everyone out there, I am reading all the posts.

I think I should add more Animes to my list too, so here it goes:
1. One piece - best
2. Naruto - best
3. Death note - very nice anime, so much thinking
4. One punch man - exciting (specially the last episode of S1 and S2)
5. Attack on titan - one of the best
6. Jujutsu kaisen - manga is lit, anime will be great in upcoming seasons
7. Demon slayer - best animation
8. Hunter x Hunter - such a great anime
9. Chainsaw man - good
10. Spy x family - good
11. That time i got reincarnated as a slime - good
12. Tokyo ghoul - they ruined season 2

I don't have count of how many Anime's I have watched, list is huge and there are much more. Thanks everyone for your suggestions too, will definitely watch them when I get time (already have most of them in my watchlist as I have heard quite a lot about them like Full Metal Alchemist, My hero academia, bleach, initial D, etc. They all are in my watchlist and will watch them for sure).
Itachi_Uchiha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th May 2023, 23:44   #47
BHPian

How does one get access to Attack on Titan in India? Been searching for it, seems to be unavailable...
Old 25th May 2023, 23:51   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleueNinja View Post
Watch full metal Alchemist first then watch full metal Alchemist brotherhood. They are essentially the same anime but watching FMA first will give you a much better context. FMA and FMA brotherhood have different endings and some details are different the reason being when FMA first aired the manga wasn't done (IIRC) but they had to end it. FMA brotherhood was aired when manga was done so it will feel much more complete but doesn't set up context properly because it assumes you have seen FMA.

Demon Slayer is another cool anime, the animation is top notch.

AOT should have a different ending compared to manga. Mappas has said they are giving it a different end but it definitely is a wild ride! Eren Yeager is definitely one of my favourite characters now.
Thanks for advice on FMA. And yes I also heard the news of AOT's ending being changed, well I also hope they change it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JunkyardHunter View Post
I have not watched anime yet, and don't know where to start. Could anyone recommend me some?
Well if you want to enter the anime world then I advice that you should start with something small like one punch man or death note (they are small yet so good), then you should move on to a bit bigger ones like attack on titan, full metal alchemist, hunter x hunter, my hero academia, etc. You can also skip the 2nd suggested ones and directly move on to naruto and naruto shippuden, one piece, bleach, etc. I hope this suggestion help you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Small Bot View Post
Ah, a topic after my own heart.

But I absolutely love Jujutsu Kaisen - for the animation (Gojo's eyes OMG), the strong plot and the stronger characters (no damsels in distress here, sorry). Pretty sure it might enter my favourites list above if the creators maintain this standard.

And if Korean webcomics count here as well, I'm a huge Solo Leveling fan. The plot is meh, the characters are even meh-er, but what a sheer hallucinatory power trip that webcomic was!!
Great post, Gojo's eyes are truely amazing . Another Solo Leveling fan here, I have heard the Anime for solo leveling is coming out soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaceCyborg View Post
Oh boy, I was just wondering when someone would start talking about anime in here. Picking favourites among all the anime that I have watched is a damn pain though.

Well, you got to be kidding me!! Haven't watched Initial D, but on a car forum talking about anime. You just committed a blasphemy.

Just joking . But seriously, you have to give it a try. The first couple of seasons have some CGI (Computer-Generated-Imagery) in the animation but you'll get used to it pretty fast. The races are pretty sick and the show gives some detailed explanations about cars and driving.

Plus, you'll get a whole new appreciation for Eurobeat after watching this .
Yeah I know I am the odd one here (haven't even watched Initial D yet), but I ensure you that its in my watchlist and will definitely watch it at the earliest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Totoro11 View Post
Thanks for starting this discussion ... now Team-BHP can claim to have a thread on everything under the sun

One small request: can you please also post the source where your favorites can be watched, it will help people discover great content.
Well, to be fully honest here, Nor do I have the subscriptions of all the ott platforms neither all the Anime's are available on those platforms. Most anime are there on crunchyroll and netflix but crunchyroll sometimes doesn't suit me (like it don't have all the languages, etc. Though I am absolutely fine with watching anime in Japanese audio with English subtitles but sometimes I like to watch English dub too)
And some animes are not available on these platforms too, so to watch my favorite Animes I always prefer Telegram, its the best method for me (I guess its unofficial method but I don't have any choice either) and there is also a website named ''zoro . to''(spacing it oddly because I don't want to give website links here cause I guess mods won't like it)(best for watching anime's online). These 2 are my methods of watching anime.
Itachi_Uchiha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2023, 07:09   #49
BHPian

Lol, I just remembered that even my keychains reflect that.

Here you go:
Car Key from Demon Slayer
House Key from One Piece
What is your favorite Anime?-img_20230526_070700285.jpg
Small Bot is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2023, 10:36   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhisheknott View Post
Good thread and looks to be all series. Shocked to see no mention of Studio Ghibli.

Princess Mononoke and My Neighbour Totoro are some of the best ones and not sure if anyone has the guts to watch Grave of the Fireflies completely.
It's super rare to find someone who is a fan of Hayao Miyazaki in India. Kudos to you for mentioning some of my favourite movies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itachi_Uchiha View Post
They all are in my watchlist and will watch them for sure).
An excellent thread - something very unconventional and super interesting.

If you like Japanese anime - suggest you to see Tokyo Godfathers and Your Name (Kimi no nawa). I am not much of an anime series fan, but a sucker for the movies, especially Studio Ghibli

Last edited by no_fear : 26th May 2023 at 10:45.
no_fear is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th May 2023, 11:05   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohitoasis View Post
But the main reason for this post is because i got impatient why this thread was missing heart wrenchingly beautiful shows like
Ghost in the Shell and Standalone complex
Steins gate
Gundam.
I thoroughly enjoyed Steins Gate. Need to see Standalone complex. Is Ghost in the Shell similar to Akira?

My keychains also reflect my favorite animes. The Goku one used to have a whole body but it broke a while ago.
Attached Thumbnails
What is your favorite Anime?-20230526_110929.jpg  

Last edited by NiXTriX2004 : 26th May 2023 at 11:15.
NiXTriX2004 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2023, 11:45   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by no_fear View Post
It's super rare to find someone who is a fan of Hayao Miyazaki in India. Kudos to you for mentioning some of my favourite movies.
I think this perception has to do with exposure to the beautiful world of Anime. Miyazaki is master of storytelling and his world building makes you appreciate the finer things in life and calm your mind. His works give immense respect to nature and are often known for strong female characters (Be it Satsuki and Mei in Totoro, or Princess Mononoke). I have converted my entire extended family to fans of Studio Ghibli with screenings of Totoro and Kikis delivery service.

That said, there are some Ghibli movies which literally challenge even the grown up audience. Movies like Grave of the fireflies which can make even adults tear up.

I can also assure that viewers like Mr. Narayan, Jeroen, Foxbat and Skanchan might enjoy the movie The wind rises which is about the creator of the Mitsubishi Zero (Jiro) fighter planes.

Makoto Shinkai also is equally gifted individual. Your name, 5 centimetres per second, weathering with you are so beautifully made that they ended up grossing all time highs.

If you do enjoy similar movies, Try Silent voice, The girl who leapt through time, Wolf Children.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiXTriX2004 View Post
I thoroughly enjoyed Steins Gate. Need to see Standalone complex. Is Ghost in the Shell similar to Akira?
Ghost in the Shell is a 1995 movie depicting a future. This is the same Cyberpunk genre as Akira but totally different. From my evaluation, Ghost in the Shell challenges more emotionally and intellectually than Akira.

Standalone complex is a series based on the same movie and same characters. The series is also a slow roast. The concept is unique. The characters are beautifully fleshed out and by the end of the series, you are really attached to the characters.

PS: I am sorry for going overboard.

Last edited by rohitoasis : 26th May 2023 at 12:11.
rohitoasis is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th May 2023, 11:54   #53
BHPian

Quote:
If you do enjoy similar movies, Try Silent voice, The girl who leapt through time, Wolf Children.
Thank you - this is on my to watch list. I concur with you, Makoto Shinkai is a gem. I got hooked onto the J-Rock group Radwimps after seeing Your Name.
no_fear is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2023, 12:44   #54
BHPian

Quote:
My keychains also reflect my favorite animes.
Even I happen to have one of my favourite anime (attack on titan) as my Harrier’s keychain.

Has anyone watched Baki on Netflix and does have any reviews to share? I am on the fence regarding that anime.
Attached Thumbnails
What is your favorite Anime?-img_5393.jpeg  

BleueNinja is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2023, 15:04   #55
BHPian

Quote:

That said, there are some Ghibli movies which literally challenge even the grown up audience. Movies like Grave of the fireflies which can make even adults tear up.
Ghibli movies grow on you and you see something different each time depending on your age/state of mind etc. Very layered.
Abhisheknott is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2023, 17:17   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleueNinja View Post
Has anyone watched Baki on Netflix and does have any reviews to share? I am on the fence regarding that anime.
Watched and done. It was ok. Nothing great and you won't really miss much by not watching it.
deathwalkr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th May 2023, 19:38   #57
BHPian

I still remember a few of them from the late 2000s. Most of them used to come in Animax.
They were:

Captain Tsubasa
Inu Yasha
Ghost in the Shell
Mobile Suit Z - Gundam

My picks for all time would be these from Cartoon Network:
Tansformers (the entire series)
Dragon Ball ( i was lucky enough to watch it in both the enlish and the japanese audio)

Here are snaps of my SSJ5 Goku and SSJ5 Vegeta figurines. Was able to grab them in Comic Con Bangalore 2022.

SSJ5 Goku
What is your favorite Anime?-img_4148.jpg

SSJ5 Vegeta
What is your favorite Anime?-img_4150.jpg

The old school Kamehamaha VS Galick Gun
What is your favorite Anime?-img_4172.jpg

Have nice weekend everyone
sarkankur is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th June 2023, 16:10   #58
BHPian

Any suggestions on where to watch One Piece anime? Zoro website is having some issues.
NiXTriX2004 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2023, 20:34   #59

Quote:
Any suggestions on where to watch One Piece anime? Zoro website is having some issues.
Animeheaven or wcostream.org should help with that
DarthGrrGrr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2023, 13:01   #60
BHPian

Death Note, Parasyte the Maxim, Trigun Stampede, Attack on Titan

Cheers.
Vyas is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks